100% whole wheat powder exist?

BIGGUNZ401

BIGGUNZ401

Awards
  • Established
I been looking around the forums and I noticed dextrose - which is a simple sugar and maltodextrin which is not a complex sugar.. Is there any complex carb sugars in powder form available?

The reason why I ask is I wanna mix some complex carbs into my ON whey protein to save some money instead of buying the pre mixed stuff.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I been looking around the forums and I noticed dextrose - which is a simple sugar and maltodextrin which is not a complex sugar.. Is there any complex carb sugars in powder form available?

The reason why I ask is I wanna mix some complex carbs into my ON whey protein to save some money instead of buying the pre mixed stuff.
there was talk of ground up oats. or you could opt for WMS (kwik karb)

BIGGUNZ401

BIGGUNZ401

Awards
  • Established
there was talk of ground up oats. or you could opt for WMS (kwik karb)
i guess ill just eat 100% whole wheat bread with my shakes..

quick question about using kwik karb for post workout..

I have been doing my research and im supposed to consume about 50 carbs post work out, 25 dextrose and 25 maltodextrin. If i was taking kwik karb for post workout I Just take 50 grams of that and no dextrose or maltodextrin??

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
:goodpost:

It's a very low GI carb that is metabolized slowly, avoiding the spike that comes along with normal sugars. It tastes like sugar, but about half as sweet and it works perfectly when throwing a couple tablespoons into a protein shake.
Kind of general question but whats the GI of WMS, SuperCarb, and dextrose?

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Kind of general question but whats the GI of WMS, SuperCarb, and dextrose?
I'll have to do a little bit of searching for the GIs of WMS and dextrose, but SuperCARB has a GI of 32.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'll have to do a little bit of searching for the GIs of WMS and dextrose, but SuperCARB has a GI of 32.
thanks man, some **** is a ***** to find on the GI scale, im searching too :(

BIGGUNZ401

BIGGUNZ401

Awards
  • Established
one more question.. so 40 g of suparcarbs would be the same as 40g of 100% slow digesting carbs??

also how well does it mix???

sorry for the questions. Im just trying to learn more as I go everyday.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
one more question.. so 40 g of suparcarbs would be the same as 40g of 100% slow digesting carbs??

One tablespoon of SuperCARB provides 11.2 grams of carbohydrates. While they are technically 11.2 grams of sugars, they are metabolized much slower than sucrose. To give you a specific example, I'll quote the SuperCARB write-up:

a 60g dose, in a 200lb person, increased blood glucose by only 1/3 of that which was produced by sucrose at the same dose. Additionally, it did not significantly increase blood triglycerides, a property NOT shared by sucrose and fructose. While blood glucose quickly falls to below baseline fasting concentrations with rapidly metabolizing sugars, it remains at the ideally elevated level for several hours with SuperCarb™.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

It mixes pretty much the same as table sugar would. They are VERY similar texture/bulk-wise.

And don't worry about asking questions; that's what we're here for. :)

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
thanks man, some **** is a ***** to find on the GI scale, im searching too :(
I'm still unsure about the GI of WMS. I've seen conflicting information, from it having a GI of 41-45(as quoted by Nate Wolfe) up to ~137.

You might be able to get more information by asking someone like DSade or TrueProtein. Sorry I'm not of more help with this.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Try some sprouted grain bread. It is made without grinding the grains into flour which greatly increases the GI. You can find it at Trader Joes, Wild Oats or other granola chompin, socks & sandals, tree huggin type markets. :)

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You can even find it in some of the big chain grocery stores in the freezer section.

BIGGUNZ401

BIGGUNZ401

Awards
  • Established
Try some sprouted grain bread. It is made without grinding the grains into flour which greatly increases the GI. You can find it at Trader Joes, Wild Oats or other granola chompin, socks & sandals, tree huggin type markets. :)
ohh okay like a "whole foods" market with organic stuff.. What breads do you eat for your complex carbs?

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
ohh okay like a "whole foods" market with organic stuff.. What breads do you eat for your complex carbs?
Personally, I eat Ezekiel 4:9 sprouted grain bread. It's got a very low GI as well.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
i see where can i find some of that??

What do you think of Pumpernickel Bread, rye bread (whole wheat), oatbran bread?? Would you recommend eating that instead of whole wheat bread?

http://www.carbs-information.com/glycemic-index.htm

i just checked out this link and it seems to have a lower GI value than whole wheat bread!
That's the stuff I believe BP was explaining where to get earlier. Besides those places like Whole Foods and Trader Joes, you can often find it in the freezer section of the chain grocery stores. http://www.foodforlife.com/

I've never really looked into those other breads, though. I don't eat a ton of bread, but when I do, it's Ezekiel bread.

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
What ever happened to fine powder oats? I know we have 'em in the UK so I'm guessing you must have it across the pond, might be worth checking out.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ezekiel is the ****!!

BIGGUNZ401

BIGGUNZ401

Awards
  • Established
That's the stuff I believe BP was explaining where to get earlier. Besides those places like Whole Foods and Trader Joes, you can often find it in the freezer section of the chain grocery stores. http://www.foodforlife.com/

I've never really looked into those other breads, though. I don't eat a ton of bread, but when I do, it's Ezekiel bread.
i love bread because it more convenient.. im too lazy to cook rice.. haha well im gonna order some naplam and stack it with ECA!!! and im gonna run a log.. thanks for your help dude!

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
i love bread because it more convenient.. im too lazy to cook rice.. haha well im gonna order some naplam and stack it with ECA!!! and im gonna run a log.. thanks for your help dude!
No problem. I'll watch for your log so I can follow along. Should be a good stack.

BIGGUNZ401

BIGGUNZ401

Awards
  • Established
it increases the gi value?? wouldnt you want to decrease the gi value? the lower the gi value the better?

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Grinding the grains increases the GI. The sprouted grain breads aren't made that way.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
it increases the gi value?? wouldnt you want to decrease the gi value? the lower the gi value the better?
Depends on timing, IMO...a good mix of GIs can be a valuable tool.

BIGGUNZ401

BIGGUNZ401

Awards
  • Established
Depends on timing, IMO...a good mix of GIs can be a valuable tool.
Right right, just trying to figure out the best bread to eat with a low gi value to replace some complex carbs when i start to bulk

What is the gi value of Ezekiel anyways?? I just called the company but they are closed right now.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Right right, just trying to figure out the best bread to eat with a low gi value to replace some complex carbs when i start to bulk

What is the gi value of Ezekiel anyways?? I just called the company but they are closed right now.
The plain Ezekiel 4:9 bread has a GI of 36.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
They even include the GI on the label of their bread(which is where I got 36 from :)).

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They even include the GI on the label of their bread(which is where I got 36 from :)).
Or you could just do it THAT way.

/D!CK

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
:numbered:

(I really just wanted to use this smiley for the first time.)

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
BIGGUNZ401

BIGGUNZ401

Awards
  • Established
The plain Ezekiel 4:9 bread has a GI of 36.
i just got a hard on thinking about the GI value!!! haha I cant wait to go to whole foods and get this bread!! I eat so much bread everyday.. Especially on my high carb weekend days!

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So any verdict on teh GI of dextrose and WMS?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So any verdict on teh GI of dextrose and WMS?
I think dextrose is somewhere near 125. Not sure about WMS, but it is NOT low GI, just that there are other factors to weigh besides GI.

I am still leaning towards Supercarb and Kwik Karb as the ideal during/PWO carb source.

Turk

Awards
Old thread I know but I'm just getting around to reading some of the threads I've bookmarked. You could always add whole wheat flour to your ON shake. I've done that before to add carbs and all it does is make the shake a lil thicker.