Pre/post workout nutrition article.

1. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.76%

Pre/post workout nutrition article.

The Religion of Pre and Post Workout Nutrition.

Will Brink talks about pre/post workout nutrition in this interesting article. Enjoy.

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.61%

i agree with this article 100%. i think people put wayyy too much emphasis on what to eat when to eat it, how much to eat, etc... myself included. but then you reach a certain point where you stop and think to yourself, why am i worrying this much? i like the point he makes about how people produce more cortisol stressing over the minutia of macronutrient contents than they do if they drink the "wrong" protein PWO. in the end, i feel it boils down to this: IF YOU EAT WHOLE FOODS, CONSISTENTLY THROUGHOUT THE DAY, WHEN YOU'RE HUNGRY, PROVIDING YOURSELF WITH WHOLESOME NUTRIENTS, YOU WILL NOT BE IN A CATABOLIC STATE. eating properly and having a good diet are what will bring results, not pounding down hundreds of carbs between your pre/PWO meals.
  3. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.76%

Yeah I do love the cortisol comment. I often think the same thing with sleeping patterns. I used to stress out about being in bed at a certain time to get my 8h and ultimately I got LESS sleep then when I went to bed when I was tired and did not worry about it. I normally don't read Will Brinks stuff, but this one caught my eye.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.61%

Quote Originally Posted by SteelEntity View Post
    Yeah I do love the cortisol comment. I often think the same thing with sleeping patterns. I used to stress out about being in bed at a certain time to get my 8h and ultimately I got LESS sleep then when I went to bed when I was tired and did not worry about it. I normally don't read Will Brinks stuff, but this one caught my eye.
    haha yea me too. i mean, i still like to get a good night's rest (which I consider a deep 7-9 hrs sleep). but i'm not like, i MUST be in bed at this time or else i will be fat and unsuccessful. my friends actually have a running joke for me (oh, beebab's gotta get his 8 hours). i just go to bed at a reasonable time when i know i will be able to sleep long enough to feel refreshed for the next day.
  5. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.85%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

now thats funny!

Yeah, I think things like precise nutrient splits, timing of proteins / carbs post workout etc. all COMBINED maybe make a 5% difference. The basics of a decent overall amount of protein will take you 90+% of the way there. When you are at your genetic limits I suppose, then that starts making more of a difference, but I think very few people are.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  181 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.14%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

lol I agree 100% people are way to anal about things instead they should worry about burning off the calories instaed of thinking about em!
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  181 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.14%

I know a number of people who are so anal about everything they don't even achieve the results they want!
  8. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.76%

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    now thats funny!

Yeah, I think things like precise nutrient splits, timing of proteins / carbs post workout etc. all COMBINED maybe make a 5% difference. The basics of a decent overall amount of protein will take you 90+% of the way there. When you are at your genetic limits I suppose, then that starts making more of a difference, but I think very few people are.
    Yeah I agree. A lot of it is psychological, those really minute aspects to body building that people spend years trying to tweak may not do anything at all but mentally it makes you feel more content with your progress because you feel you are doing everything to achieve your goal. Plus as the article mentioned some people need to fill a obsessive compulsive void in their life and bodybuilding is perfect for it.
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.64%

sigh.. i can't read that much without losing my mind..
  10. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.85%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

its also true that peoples bodies + metabolisms differ, so what works best for one may not for another. Just looking at insulin sensitivity differences...
  11. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.76%

its also true that peoples bodies + metabolisms differ, so what works best for one may not for another. Just looking at insulin sensitivity differences...
    True that. Wouldn't it be sweet if we all were the same and knew EXACTLY what to do to get HUGE.... well I guess that would take the fun and rarity out of being huge. It's just so confusing sometimes, gets on my nerves.
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  181 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.14%

Exactly people try to "imitate" what Ronnie or Arnold may do when they are no where near them as far as their physical and nutrional stats! no to mention they are completely diff people(a rare breed) as some might say.
  13. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.85%

I really wonder about the simple carbs post workout thing. I mean your body naturally is creating extra hormones, including a significant amount of extra growth hormone then (as well as testosterone, etc). Doing the simple carbs to catch an insulin spike also kills the GH. i'm not sure the insulin is worth it. I don't always get the huge GH spike post workout, it needs to be heavy weights low reps with real strain to get it, but I can feel it when I do (and prefer that feeling to an insulin rush )
  14. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.4%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

I've been doing slow-carbs PWO (Banana, yogurt, and some oats or milk) for the past months and I've been happy with my recovery. I really noticed no difference from when I used to get atleast half of my carbs from dextrose or WMS, and this way I'm getting lots more minerals and vitamins. I might try 1 week of WMS to compare in the near future, but otherwise I'm much happier just chucking a banana and oats into my shake that worrying about a tbsp of dex + this much malto
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.8%

Will Brink talks about pre/post workout nutrition in this interesting article. Enjoy.
    Thanx. I aims to write interesting articles...
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.8%

I normally don't read Will Brinks stuff, but this one caught my eye.
    Then you are missing out on a lot of good info, but I am a tad biased...
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.8%

If you all like this type of info, you should sign up for my news letters. For example, Below is the contents for the May news letter. If you enjoy this type of info from yours truly, sign up!

May 2008 Brinkzone Newsletter Contents

* Introduction
    --- No Bull Radio Appearance
    --- Bonus Monthly Article "Reflections"
    * Article Of The Month : Resvertatrol , the Wonder Supplement
    * Video Of The Month ; Jay Cutler 2008
    * Q&A Of The Month : Flax Oil & Estrogenic compounds
    * Private Members Only Forum Post Of The Month
    * Quote Of The Month
    * Transformation Of The Month
    * References / Citations

Cont:

http://www.brinkzone.com/articledeta...d=121&acatid=8
  18. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.95%

People who have poor diets and poorly thought-out training routines, but focus on the latest magic pre- and post-workout elixirs are missing the point.
    Amen.
  19. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.76%

Quote Originally Posted by Will Brink View Post
    If you all like this type of info, you should sign up for my news letters. For example, Below is the contents for the May news letter. If you enjoy this type of info from yours truly, sign up!

May 2008 Brinkzone Newsletter Contents

* Introduction
    --- No Bull Radio Appearance
    --- Bonus Monthly Article "Reflections"
    * Article Of The Month : Resvertatrol , the Wonder Supplement
    * Video Of The Month ; Jay Cutler 2008
    * Q&A Of The Month : Flax Oil & Estrogenic compounds
    * Private Members Only Forum Post Of The Month
    * Quote Of The Month
    * Transformation Of The Month
    * References / Citations

Cont:

http://www.brinkzone.com/articledeta...d=121&acatid=8

I am signed up already, have been for years. If you cared about your readers you would know that! LOL kidding.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-25-2005, 07:04 PM
  2. Post your pre/post workout nutrition regimens...
    By TMack40 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 04-06-2003, 07:21 AM
  3. Pre/During/Post Workout Nutrition
    By YellowJacket in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-02-2003, 10:16 PM
  4. Pre/During/Post Workout Nutrition
    By Nelson in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-29-2003, 03:40 AM
  5. Post your pre/post workout nutrition regimens...
    By TMack40 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-21-2002, 11:10 PM