Virus...help :(

rabican

rabican

Awards
  • Established
Iv been working out for about 6 yrs straight and usually when i get sick ill keep working out and it may make things worse but i usually get over the sickness in a week or so without any problems...

Iv been sick for about 3 months! im sure its some sort of virus so doctor visit wont help much...i usually try to avoid the doctor but i went about a month ago (so 2months in) and she precribed me something to dry me up and said to take mucinex. I did what she suggested for about 2 weeks and its still not all gone!

Althought i do feel better my nose still runs and i still feel not 100%.

Iv been taking lots of elderberry (finished off about 2 bottles) (im all out currently).

I drink 2 cups of white tea and 1 cup of green tea everyday.

2 garlic pills a night

3000mg of vit C daily + natural vit c (oranges...)

i eat very clean (every 3 hours)

I take multi in the morning, flaxseed oil/coconut oil at night.

I also take ZMA at night...

Im been trying to avoid taking a long break from lifting but im not sure maybe thats best :-\

Iv been lifting the whole time that iv been sick (actually pretty hard)

I dont feel weak at the gym, i feel pretty good actually...i just know im still sick.

...any suggestions!?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have you looked into Probiotics for immune system boosting? Maybe DHEA as well (though it is hormonal).

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do not work out while you are sick. Your body is trying to recover and you are just making it more dificult and puting yourself in a deeper hole to recover from every time you work out.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do not work out while you are sick. Your body is trying to recover and you are just making it more dificult and puting yourself in a deeper hole to recover from every time you work out.
I love doing Cardio while I am sick, though. Seems to help me feel better.

rabican

rabican

Awards
  • Established
I love doing Cardio while I am sick, though. Seems to help me feel better.
Good idea on the probiotics, i havent taken them in awhile and forgot that they would prob help!

oh yah i meant to ask if cardio is good/bad...i know lifting is bad when your sick...

one of my friends just keeps telling me to lift throught it, my body will adapt...but its been 3 months! :(

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Probiotics are definitely a good idea. Also, dose heavy on vitamin D. Check out the Vitamin D Council's website for dosing protocols.

rabican

rabican

Awards
  • Established
Probiotics are definitely a good idea. Also, dose heavy on vitamin D. Check out the Vitamin D Council's website for dosing protocols.
K i drink lots of whole milk but ill up my dosage starting this afternoon using cod liver oil ;)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If your've been sick for 3 months you need to get into see your doctor again and get some basic bloodwork done period. You may have an underlying illness that needs to be addressed.

drksun

drksun

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If your've been sick for 3 months you need to get into see your doctor again and get some basic bloodwork done period. You may have an underlying illness that needs to be addressed.
hes right... 3 months sounds like mono, but your symptoms sound weak. you should go to the doctor again and get checked out, 3 months is too long

Topfueljunkie

Topfueljunkie

Awards
I'll back up what Trauma said as well, much too long to not have cleared up normally by now. Get some bloodwork done. I had mono once and it SUUUUUUUCKED !!!!!! That's what I get for making out with random women at concerts though! Keep us posted what happens bro and get better soon!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hes right... 3 months sounds like mono, but your symptoms sound weak. you should go to the doctor again and get checked out, 3 months is too long
It could be a million things. There are way too many virus's that mimick common cold/flu symptoms. The only way to know for sure is to get bloodwork done and correlate the finding with the clinical presentation. The bottom line is if an illness persists for 3 month's(and for mono in a healthy adult that's pushing it) it needs to be addressed.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Iv been working out for about 6 yrs straight and usually when i get sick ill keep working out and it may make things worse but i usually get over the sickness in a week or so without any problems...

Iv been sick for about 3 months! im sure its some sort of virus so doctor visit wont help much...i usually try to avoid the doctor but i went about a month ago (so 2months in) and she precribed me something to dry me up and said to take mucinex. I did what she suggested for about 2 weeks and its still not all gone!

Althought i do feel better my nose still runs and i still feel not 100%.

Iv been taking lots of elderberry (finished off about 2 bottles) (im all out currently).

I drink 2 cups of white tea and 1 cup of green tea everyday.

2 garlic pills a night

3000mg of vit C daily + natural vit c (oranges...)

i eat very clean (every 3 hours)

I take multi in the morning, flaxseed oil/coconut oil at night.

I also take ZMA at night...

Im been trying to avoid taking a long break from lifting but im not sure maybe thats best :-\

Iv been lifting the whole time that iv been sick (actually pretty hard)

I dont feel weak at the gym, i feel pretty good actually...i just know im still sick.

...any suggestions!?
Dude, sometimes being sick is the best way to tighten up! I've actually heard of guys looking for flu mist a few weeks out from a show to decrease appetite, and tighten up from being sick (increased thermogenesis aka fever). But that would get old after 1 month let alone 3. Maybe you should get tested for mono. Any recent job changes or anything like that? A few years ago when I first got into healthcare, I was constantly sick because my immune system was being bombarded. Now I rarely get sick because I've built immunity. Also, wipe down the gym equipment before using it, maybe its something at the gym. And if you live in cold climate like I do, run a vaporizer at night. Breathing dry air all night sets you up for upper respiratory infections. Perhaps add some type of anti cortisol supp. into your regimine, that supposedly boosts immume. And lastly wash your hands regularly and often! This is the biggest way to fight infection.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Drksun has a good point. First thing that clicked when I read [sick+3months] was mono. It is best safe to assume you 'could' have it and get tested, but atleast increase your rest, up your water intake, increase your anti-oxidant profile, avoid vigorous exercise, and eat good foods. I'd try and eat as pure and clean as possible. If you must exercise, stick to light walks. If you have a hard time going into the gym and not going all out, stay out of the gym.

rabican

rabican

Awards
  • Established
...so i went to the doctor yesterday morning, she didn't want to do blood work even tho i asked a few times. She said nothing warrants one.

She gave me a refill prescription to dry my nose up.

A cortisone steroid nose stray (to open my nose up)

and amaxicillin (encase i have some underlying bacterial infection)

...she said i should get blood work done during my physical (lammmme... so i guess ill go back to the doc in a month or so and get a physical...)

on and about everyone thinking its mono, her exact words, "you would know if its mono, you would def not be at the gym".

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Drksun has a good point. First thing that clicked when I read [sick+3months] was mono. It is best safe to assume you 'could' have it and get tested, but atleast increase your rest, up your water intake, increase your anti-oxidant profile, avoid vigorous exercise, and eat good foods. I'd try and eat as pure and clean as possible. If you must exercise, stick to light walks. If you have a hard time going into the gym and not going all out, stay out of the gym.
And why exactly do you automatically assume mono? I'm not trying to be an a** but in medicine assuming things based on vague symptoms with no diagnostic support for a diagnosis will get you nowhere fast. The bottom line is there is nothing to worry about untill there is something to worry about....

Jamesh5213

Awards
3 months does sound like mono. but still it could be anything. It sucks to have to stop working out but you really should. theres a product called IMMUNE ASSIST from Enerhealthbotanicals that I take when I get sick. it usually gets rid of it in a few days. but if you've been sick for 3 month go back to the doctor

Marshall

Marshall

Awards
...so i went to the doctor yesterday morning, she didn't want to do blood work even tho i asked a few times. She said nothing warrants one.

She gave me a refill prescription to dry my nose up.

A cortisone steroid nose stray (to open my nose up)

and amaxicillin (encase i have some underlying bacterial infection)

...she said i should get blood work done during my physical (lammmme... so i guess ill go back to the doc in a month or so and get a physical...)

on and about everyone thinking its mono, her exact words, "you would know if its mono, you would def not be at the gym".
Your doctor gave you a refill?? Surely she knows that if you do what did you'll get what you got. Which in your case was not the desired outcome.

Consider finding another doctor and getting a second opinion. If you do, specifically ask for blood work. I've had the same doctor for many, many years and if I presented to him with the same symptoms you have described (for three months no less) he would order blood work without me even asking. Not because he suspected something specific but rather to rule some things out.

Good Luck. Get Well Soon!!

Topfueljunkie

Topfueljunkie

Awards
huh? wha....?

Surely she knows that if you do what did you'll get what you got.

Maybe I'm just having a hard time understanding what you were trying to say because it's late :yawn: and I've done nothing but stare at a damn computer screen for 8 hours today doing homework, but I still have to ask, what in the hell were you trying to say ???? I'm seriously lost on what you were trying to say there. Is it just me or does anyone else not understand that sentence?:wtf::confused:

Marshall

Marshall

Awards
Maybe I'm just having a hard time understanding what you were trying to say because it's late :yawn: and I've done nothing but stare at a damn computer screen for 8 hours today doing homework, but I still have to ask, what in the hell were you trying to say ???? I'm seriously lost on what you were trying to say there. Is it just me or does anyone else not understand that sentence?:wtf::confused:
I know. I didn't get it the first time I heard it years ago.:blink:

It's an old saying:

If you do what you did........... you'll get what you got.

My point is that if the doc refills the same script she gave before to treat the same symptoms...... why would she expect the result to be any different??

Here's another one of my fav's:

A little's a lot when it's all you got.

And while I'm at it, here's one of my favorite Bruce Lee quotes:

There are no limits, only plateaus. You must go beyond them. If it kills you, it kills you.

Topfueljunkie

Topfueljunkie

Awards
It's an old saying:

If you do what you did........... you'll get what you got.
Ah, that makes so much more sense now!

Rabican, how's things been going for you ? Any updates ? Go to a different doc ?

rabican

rabican

Awards
  • Established
Ah, that makes so much more sense now!

Rabican, how's things been going for you ? Any updates ? Go to a different doc ?

nah i haven't gone to a diff doc i started taking probiotics (farting allot) and im still lifting 4-5times a week heavy and taking allot of vit c...im feeling much better i still wakeup and feel stuffy but after a shower it goes away and i feel great...my nose runs a lil during the day but im optimistic ill be all better very shortly!

Topfueljunkie

Topfueljunkie

Awards
Well that's good to hear man. Glad you're doing better. Some of those darn viruses and the like just seem to hang on and not much gets rid of 'em 'cept for time. BTW, your new Avi looks BADAZZ!!!!

rabican

rabican

Awards
  • Established
...last i posted i was feeling better and lifting hard, over the break i got sick again!!! it was out of the blue i was feeling fine, then that night i felt bad, and the next day im completely sick, feeling like crap running nose, sneezing, coughing...the works.

I went back to the doc to get medication to dry me up (nyquil doesnt help much) and he did bloodwork and a chest x-ray. Hes 99% sure its allergies (although iv never had allergies, and nothing has changed in my environment to cause them, and its very on and off...).

I got the bloodwork results, he said nothing was wrong but have not gotten any results on the chest x-ray.

...i dont understand most of the stuff on the bloodwork but i noticed it lists my white blood cell count, and it looks low.

my WTC count is 4.8 and the range it lists is (3.5-11.0 K/UL). I googled it and 4.8 is considered low. Its hard to get a reason why...the thing that causes consern is i had blood work done exactly a year from today and i compared the results and my WBC then was 9!

Does a virus lower your WBC? doc says it couldnt be a virus bc iv had it so long... :-\

Im so confused :(

Im feeling better today but my nose still runs if i dont take any medication...im going to start lifting again tomorrow (1 week break since iv been sick).

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Here my blood work results:

Component Your Value Standard Range

TIME POST PRANDIAL, PATIENT 4 -
GLUCOSE, RANDOM 72 70-139 MG/DL
BUN 14 7-24 MG/DL
CREATININE 1.0 0.7-1.5 MG/DL
SODIUM 139 135-145 MEQ/L
POTASSIUM 4.9 3.5-5.5 MEQ/L
CHLORIDE 98 97-111 MEQ/L
CO2 32 22-32 MEQ/L
ANION GAP SERPL 14 13-20 MEQ/L
GLOMERULAR FILTRATION RATE, NONAFRICAN AMERICAN >60 >60- mL/min/m
GLOMERULAR FILTRATION RATE, AFRICAN AMERICAN >60
(NOTE)
CKD STAGE GFR DESCRIPTION
Stage I and >60 Not clinically
Stage II significant
. . . . . . . . . . . . .
Stage III 30-60 Kidney damage with
moderate decrease in
GFR
Stage IV 15-19 Severe decrease in
GFR
Stage V <15 Dialysis or Kidney failure
. . . . . . . . . . . . .
The MDRD (Modification of Diet in Renal Disease)
study equation has not been validated in children
less than 18 years of age, pregnant women, elderly
patients >70 years of age or races other than
Caucasian and African-American. It is not accurate
in cases of extreme body size, rapidly changing
kidney function, and severe malnutrition. >60- mL

TOTAL PROTEIN 7.7 6.3-8.3 G/DL
ALBUMIN 5.1 4.0-5.4 G/DL
GLOBULIN 2.6 1.6-3.3 G/DL
ALBUMIN/GLOBULIN RATIO, SERUM/PLASMA 2.0 1.2-2.7
ALT 32 0-50 U/L
AST 26 9-53 U/L
ALKALINE PHOSPHATASE 106 35-129 U/L
GGT 21 11-52 U/L
BILIRUBIN, TOTAL 0.5 0.2-1.3 MG/DL

DIFFERENTIAL METHOD AUTOMATED DIFFERENTIAL -
NEUTROPHILS % 50.5 - %
LYMPHOCYTES % 41.6 - %
MONOS % 6.0 - %
EOSINOPHILS % 1.5 - %
BASOPHILS % 0.4 - %
NEUTROPHILS 2.43 1.7-6.3 X1000
LYMPHOCYTES 2.00 1.1-3.5 X1000
MONOCYTES 0.29 0.1-0.9 X1000
EOSINOPHILS 0.07 0.0-0.7 X1000
BASOPHILS 0.02 0.0-0.1 X1000

WBC'S AUTO 4.8 3.5-11.0 K/UL
RBC, AUTO 5.64 3.90-5.80 MIL
HGB 17.5 12.9-17.2 G/DL
HEMATOCRIT 50.3 40-51 %
MCV 89.2 78-101 CMICRON
MCH 31.0 25-35 PG
MCHC 34.8 30-36 GM/DL
RDW, BLOOD 12.2 12.0-15.4 %
PLATELETS, AUTOMATED COUNT 244 140-440 K/UL

rabican

rabican

Awards
  • Established
Here are my results from a year ago:

WBC'S AUTO 9.2 3.5-11.0 K/UL
RBC, AUTO 5.24 3.90-5.80 MIL
HGB 16.8 12.9-17.2 G/DL
HEMATOCRIT 47.8 40-51 %
MCV 91.2 78-101 CMICRON
MCH 32.1 25-35 PG
MCHC 35.1 30-36 GM/DL
RDW, BLOOD 12.3 12.0-15.4 %
PLATELETS, AUTOMATED COUNT 232 140-440 K/UL

rabican

rabican

Awards
  • Established
anyone have any thoughts? or is it normal for the WBC to be low when your sick? Im so confused bc the docs keep saying allergies and i highly doubt it :-\

rabican

rabican

Awards
  • Established
i just emailed my doctor asking why my wbc is so much lower and if thats a sign that i have a virus and that it isnt allergies...

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your WBC is not low by any means and well within normal limits. A WBC would not be lowered in an acute viral/bacterial infection(there are a few instances though where it can happen in end stage illnesses), but rather would be elevated depending on the severity/virulence of the illness. Your WBC actually changes everyday depending what's going on in your body at that present time. Your body is constantly filtering out foreign antigens/bacteria everyday to prevent illness and as a result your WBC is constantly changing daily and would be reflected in your CBC(complete blood count.)

Cancer/Chemo therapy, bone marrow suppression, and immunosupressive illnesses(lupus, end stage hiv), can cause a lowered wbc, however those are just examples of how anyones immune system can be compromised by certain factors or illnesses.

All of the differential statistics of your WBC look completely normal. These differentials can help determine many things like if it's a bacterial or viral infection. I don't see anything at all indicative of an acute infection in your bloodwork, however any practitioner would have to corelate a clinical exam with diagnostic studies to effectively form any kind of diagnosis. Now i'm not a doctor and don't presume to be one. If you have any serious medical concerns/questions you should consult your primary doctor. :D

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
A recommendation!

Granted, it sounds like you need some professional help. However, I recommend you start incorporating grape seed extract into your daily supplementation. Taking probiotics, Vitamin C as you already do and grape seed extract= a very potent and strong immune system. I do not get sick and I attribute that to taking my probiotics, viatmin c, and grape seed extract. Beyond that I'm a health nut anyway...lol. :D.

Naturally, this is the best immune system stack I can recommend. I suggest if adding grape seed extract doesn't do anything than definitely make sure you have your doctor get to the bottom of whatever the hell is making you feel like A$$ because working out is only going to make matters worse and hinder any progress or gains.

Hopefully you get better soon bud. Take care of yourself.

rabican

rabican

Awards
  • Established
i think my doc gave up, i got some elderberry yesterday and ordered shark liver oil. I may get some grape seed extract (i got to make sure i dont really have some first ;) )

Hopefully my body just beats it soon its just annoying because its slowing my progress :(

Granted, it sounds like you need some professional help. However, I recommend you start incorporating grape seed extract into your daily supplementation. Taking probiotics, Vitamin C as you already do and grape seed extract= a very potent and strong immune system. I do not get sick and I attribute that to taking my probiotics, viatmin c, and grape seed extract. Beyond that I'm a health nut anyway...lol. :D.

Naturally, this is the best immune system stack I can recommend. I suggest if adding grape seed extract doesn't do anything than definitely make sure you have your doctor get to the bottom of whatever the hell is making you feel like A$$ because working out is only going to make matters worse and hinder any progress or gains.

Hopefully you get better soon bud. Take care of yourself.

rabican

rabican

Awards
  • Established
Get an AIDS test bro.
I got tested 2 years back, and i gave blood say 8 months ago (they would reject my blood if had aids).

No way i got aids during that 8months time (same girl) unless she cheated on me (highly doubt) or unless it hasn't showed up in the blood (not sure how soon it does this.

Ill prob get retested in the next couple of months to be on the safe side.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
:box::box:
:box::box:

x10

Drinking Pure Apple Cider Vinegar diluted as 1/8 cup to 8oz water will help for sinus infections etc. Helps me. Go see a naturopath maybe you have a adverse reaction to something you are ingesting on a daily basis?

*Edit* Sorry late to the party.

Perhaps stop taking 50 different 'supplements' and see if it clears up. Did you start a new vitamin / supp weeks before you got sick again. You need to back off of almost everything 1) Eat Healthy 2) Lots of high quality clean water 3) Rest 8 - 10hrs a night.

I mean you don't know it might even be the water you're drinking but until you narrow it down and stop moving forward with all these 'cures' you're not going to find out the cause. It's like when doing tech support you start with "Is the computer plugged in?" and work from there.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I got tested 2 years back, and i gave blood say 8 months ago (they would reject my blood if had aids).

No way i got aids during that 8months time (same girl) unless she cheated on me (highly doubt) or unless it hasn't showed up in the blood (not sure how soon it does this.

Ill prob get retested in the next couple of months to be on the safe side.
Hiv takes anywhere from 3-6 months after exposure to develop antibodies that would be detectable on the standard test used for screening the ELISA.

Honestly i wouldn't lose any sleep over it because i SERIOUSLY doubt this is the case. It's always good to get tested though as a screening because symptoms don't show until immunosuppression begins to advance which in most people is about 8-10 years.

If this doctor isn't answering your questions/concerns my advice is to fire him and get a new doctor that will.

rabican

rabican

Awards
  • Established
Okay so my stomachs been hurting allot since fri night (i didn't eat anything out of the ordinary) sort of a sharp pain, i can eat allot but just hurts...anyways so Sunday night i couldn't sleep and froze my ass off shivering (with like 5 blankets on) all night with a temperature :(

took off work today still have a temp of 100, my stomach hurts, no clue why and i feel like crap from no sleep...my whole body hurts so its hard to sleep.

I'm not sure if its worth seeing my doctor :-\

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Seriously!!! Go see your Dr or one that gives a flying fck about you. This is NOT GOOD!

Again Seriously! Don't say I didn't warn you.

rabican

rabican

Awards
  • Established
Seriously!!! Go see your Dr or one that gives a flying fck about you. This is NOT GOOD!

Again Seriously! Don't say I didn't warn you.
just called docs office and updated on my symptoms they should call me back soon if i need to come in or get a prescription.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Definitely Curious!

just called docs office and updated on my symptoms they should call me back soon if i need to come in or get a prescription.
Man, I am seriously curious now to see what the hell is wrong with you? Hopefully your DR. does his or her f*cking job and gives you a proper diagnosis.

From the sounds of your symptoms it could be a variety of things so I can't narrow it down and say what it could be. Besides its better to get a professional opinion. Keep us posted...hopefully you get better soon because your current situation has got to indeed suck monkey nutz!

rabican

rabican

Awards
  • Established
docs office called and said in response to my call and email, my WBC is normal and so is the rest of my blood work. The reg nurse that i spoke with said that i could come in to get looked at again but she acted like i should just wait and week and see :-\

...i finally got shark liver oil and started that today, my temp is 99.3 now, and my stomach still hurts allot. The docs office was basically trying to deal with each item not the cause (mucinex, robatusin, advil, peptobismol...)

The lady said that according to the doc he thinks its allergies and that i could go to a allergist if i wanted to for a second opinion.

Right now i doubt ill be able to go to work tomorrow. Ill keep you guys updated.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
docs office called and said in response to my call and email, my WBC is normal and so is the rest of my blood work. The reg nurse that i spoke with said that i could come in to get looked at again but she acted like i should just wait and week and see :-\

...i finally got shark liver oil and started that today, my temp is 99.3 now, and my stomach still hurts allot. The docs office was basically trying to deal with each item not the cause (mucinex, robatusin, advil, peptobismol...)

The lady said that according to the doc he thinks its allergies and that i could go to a allergist if i wanted to for a second opinion.

Right now i doubt ill be able to go to work tomorrow. Ill keep you guys updated.

I agree that your bloodwork is completely normal, however things can change quickly. The symptoms you describe and the length of the issue leads me to believe you're dealing with some viral syndrome that is lingering. This time of year the E.R. gets overwhelmingly busy with people that have viral complaints similar to yours. If you continue to get worse and your doctor is not satisfying your concerns, like i said fire him and go see a new PMD who will fully address your concerns. Let us know how it turns out.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure I would put a whole lot of faith in all of the different prescriptions that can potentially cause other problems.

I personally think natural is the way to go unless you have no other options.

I would perhaps look into a naturopath. Iridology could tell you what is going on, I have also heard good things about this:

http://ioncleansedetoxfootbath.com/the_original_ion_cleanse.htm

Apparently chiro's and other naturopath offices may have these.

FrankJ

Awards
  • Established
I dont want to sound like a d1ck but maybe its your mind playing tricks on you?

About 10 years ago I was at a stressful job and developed severe stomach pain problems. Nausea, fatigue, weight loss also. I saw all kinds of doctors about it - couldent find anything specific wrong with me. Turned out it was nothing physical - just my minds way of dealing with stress. Quit the job and I was fine.

I thought I was dying of cancer. However when it turned out to be in my head, that was almost more disturbing.

The mind is a very powerful thing.

rabican

rabican

Awards
  • Established
my temp stopped tues morning. It went up to 102 that night after i posted.
I think the shark liver oil helped because i woke up wed feeling SOO much better, i actually went to work!

I still have no appetite though! its so weird i want to eat but looking at food doesn't really appeal to me, and i have no taste buds (it seems like) everything tastes like cardboard. :(

My dad thinks my appetite will come back soon...*i hope*

Im at work now posting and i feel pretty good besides the whole eating thing...

the supps im taking are:
multi vit, flaxseed oil, shark liver oil, probiotics, vit c (alot), vit d (codliver oil), garlic, and zma.

rabican

rabican

Awards
  • Established
I called doc and they said that this sometimes happens with stomach flues and that it could take up to two weeks for my taste to come back. *i hope not!*

Iv been mainly eating fruit, protien shakes, and trying to bear through oatmeal, soup, shagetti...i havent really been eating any meat or bread (tastes the worse prob bc its hard on my stomach).

The taste is better better im not sure if im getting used to it or its going away alittle each day...but the first day i wanted to die i couldnt eat anything and felt like throwing up each time i did eat:(

iv been taking alot of shark liver oil and probiotics so i hope this helps me get over this illness....

Oh i was curious if Cycle Support - Life Support was a good product to get to help clean out my body...make sure its running good once im finally over this illness?
Im also considering a niacin fluss (never done it before).

thanks guys. ttyl

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
When I first started having liver problems one of the things that happened to me was I couldn't eat. It sucked. I went from eating around 3000 calories a day to barely forcing down 200 calories trying not to yak.

rabican

rabican

Awards
  • Established
When I first started having liver problems one of the things that happened to me was I couldn't eat. It sucked. I went from eating around 3000 calories a day to barely forcing down 200 calories trying not to yak.
Yah man! its horrible, i feel like im shrinking! I haven't lifted in weeks, i barely eat, every time i look in the mirror i look smaller :(

...fruits the only food that tastes good besides like sweets (chocolate)...no clue why...even protein shakes tastes bad, but there easier to down...

rabican

rabican

Awards
  • Established
My taste is coming back, i feel allot better. I havent been to the gym in over a month and iv lost about 10lbs :( im thinking ill wait to hit the gym next monday and hopefuly get alot of my size back with muscle memory...

iv been eating my usual foods though even though it doesnt taste 100% i can at least get it down without feeling too bad.

Brian5225

Brian5225

Awards
  • Established
Awesome man... That seemed a little scary with things lingering like that for so long. If anything changes or comes back, I would go to a different doctor. I went to my doctor because if I drink my daily gallon of water a day, I piss every 15-20 minutes. I went to the doctor, the doc said "drink less water". Went to another doctor, turns out I have a smaller than average bladder.

buns

Awards
I have the same problem you do every year this time of the year. I have been sick for the past two months. I just got back from being tested for 75 different allergies yesterday of which I was allergic to none of them. Allergies can cause all of your syptoms including fever. I was also tested for mono and everything else under the sun. Trust me if it was mono you would not be in the gym, I have had that before. I have been flushing my sinuses out in the mornings and evenings with a product called 'simply saline'. Makes a big difference. That and use a hot steam vaporizor at night. I ended up taking two weeks off from the gym this year. My doc told me to stop taking anti-biotics because when I really do get sick my body will end up not responding to them. I would recommend the simply saline though, it really has helped me a lot. Good Luck !!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 7
djbombsquad General Chat 15
Jinsun Anabolics 202
nycste General Chat 75
General Chat 18