CHOLESTEROL Proactive-ness (attn. Steroid Users)

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I would just like to hear what people do, have done, have or have had success with as far as maintain a healthy lipid profile through different phases of dieting, cycling, life etc.

please list:

-do you use anabolic steroids
-your dietary and supplement regimes for maintaining or attaining a healthy cholesterol profile
-(if you use AAS, list ON cycle strategies apart from OFF cycle strategies)

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
-no
-fish oil, EVOO, sesathin, ALA, NAC, FiberOne, Oats, 6-8 servings of broccoli/cauliflower
-same, with the addition of policosinol

pcn

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
6-8 servings of broccoli/cauliflower - per day?
How about RYR?

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
1. Yes, I use moderately.
2. I use fish oil, EVOO, RYR, tons of fiber, and aged garlic extract. I also do cardio all year long and I believe this is extremely important as well.
3. On cycle strategy and off cycle strategy aren't different. I will avoid Winny though because it's allegedly bad on cholesterol level. Maybe that will change in the future but I'll keep it simple at the moment.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I would just like to hear what people do, have done, have or have had success with as far as maintain a healthy lipid profile through different phases of dieting, cycling, life etc.

please list:

-do you use anabolic steroids
-your dietary and supplement regimes for maintaining or attaining a healthy cholesterol profile
-(if you use anabolic steroids, list ON cycle strategies apart from OFF cycle strategies)
1. you betcha
2. large amounts of fish oil, large amounts of aspirin, red yeast rice, fiber supplement, garlic garlic garlic (i reek of garlic)
3. same thing

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
here is what I do:

sesathin
modest fish oil
EVOO
fiberous foods
will be using garlic more often (supplement probably)
RYR
(not too many veggies-unfortunately)
CLA (sometimes)

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
jomi: I forgot about the aspirin, how much do you take ?

tunnelrat

tunnelrat

Awards
  • Established
1. my chinchilla does 2 cycles per year.
2. nothing unique here: cruciferous veggies, megadosed fish oil, evoo (only oil i use), 4 cups of oats per day.
3. add: ryr

The G Train

The G Train

Awards
  • Established
cardio elevates you HDL (good cholesterol), omega-3's lower triglycerides, and monounsaturated fats and fiber lower LDL's and Total cholesterol.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
How does asprin help?

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think most stuff has been mentioned. I'll occasionally throw in some albuterol as it supposedly improves lipid levels. I dont do it merely for the reason of improving lipids however.

Lol, when I first saw this thread I thought it was about Proactive face wash so I thought maybe there would be some Jessica Simpson pics in here...

Marc-Antony

Awards
I think most stuff has been mentioned. I'll occasionally throw in some albuterol as it supposedly improves lipid levels. I dont do it merely for the reason of improving lipids however.

Lol, when I first saw this thread I thought it was about Proactive face wash so I thought maybe there would be some Jessica Simpson pics in here...
Yes at Alb. and Lipid levels. Here is the study, seeing as how I was posting links for that Alb. thread, I thought I'd share it here too.

Effects of oral albuterol on serum lipids and carb...[Metabolism. 1996] - PubMed Result["]Effects of oral albuterol on serum lipids and carb...[Metabolism. 1996] - PubMed Result

It's interesting to see that there was a pronounced decrease in bad cholesterol, while good cholesterol increased, with decreased total cholesterol.

Because of this characteristic, a small dose of it might be useful on nearly any cycle.

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yes at Alb. and Lipid levels. Here is the study, seeing as how I was posting links for that Alb. thread, I thought I'd share it here too.

Effects of oral albuterol on serum lipids and carb...[Metabolism. 1996] - PubMed Result["]Effects of oral albuterol on serum lipids and carb...[Metabolism. 1996] - PubMed Result

It's interesting to see that there was a pronounced decrease in bad cholesterol, while good cholesterol increased, with decreased total cholesterol.

Because of this characteristic, a small dose of it might be useful on nearly any cycle.
I used albuterol standalone before and proved this with my bloodowork. HOWEVER, it seemed to lower my HDL a little too. I dont know how it would work differently with steroids.

It may be a good investment on cycle, but at what dose? 4mg?

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
here is what I do:

sesathin
modest fish oil
EVOO
fiberous foods
will be using garlic more often (supplement probably)
RYR
(not too many veggies-unfortunately)
CLA (sometimes)
I forgot to mention that I take NOW foods' Niacin and Folic acid 2x per day (with breakfast and before bed)

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
I forgot to mention that I take NOW foods' Niacin and Folic acid 2x per day (with breakfast and before bed)
I don't think you want to be taking (high doses) of Niacin AND RYR together.

Also, No flush Niacin can be sort of harsh on your liver. Besides, I like the flush.

X

Marc-Antony

Awards
I used albuterol standalone before and proved this with my bloodowork. HOWEVER, it seemed to lower my HDL a little too. I dont know how it would work differently with steroids.

It may be a good investment on cycle, but at what dose? 4mg?
Well, in that one particular study, they used Proventil Repetabs (Extended-release tablets ), 8 mg twice daily.

So that's a total of 16mg. What really matters though, is that those are extended release tabs. So to get that same hypocholesterolemian effect you will have te dose it 3-4 times a day, from 1 to 4mg/intake.

Determining the best dose, is gonna depend on each individual situation, compounds used, genetic background, and so on.

I like to repeat this, but doses as low as 2mg/day do indeed show alb's positive effects on various characteristics. There is no need to go over board.

In the end, ppl will most probably experience the best results with doses of 8-12mg/day on cycle, for no longer than 6-10 weeks.

But in the end, I am no expert everybody will have to experience for themselves starting at a split 4mg/day.

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I don't think you want to be taking (high doses) of Niacin AND RYR together.

Also, No flush Niacin can be sort of harsh on your liver. Besides, I like the flush.

X
do you discourage against the use of niacin? do you feel its benefits arent that significant on lipids? becuase, I would rather not use something marginally effective that is also puttin my liver under stress. Also, I dont use HIGH doses of RYR.. I take half a serving of cycle support a day. (1 scoop)...so I dont think that woudl be a large issue.

but still....now I'm a little concerned. I may just drop them completely

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well, in that one particular study, they used Proventil Repetabs (Extended-release tablets ), 8 mg twice daily.

So that's a total of 16mg. What really matters though, is that those are extended release tabs. So to get that same hypocholesterolemian effect you will have te dose it 3-4 times a day, from 1 to 4mg/intake.

Determining the best dose, is gonna depend on each individual situation, compounds used, genetic background, and so on.

I like to repeat this, but doses as low as 2mg/day do indeed show alb's positive effects on various characteristics. There is no need to go over board.

In the end, ppl will most probably experience the best results with doses of 8-12mg/day on cycle, for no longer than 6-10 weeks.

But in the end, I am no expert everybody will have to experience for themselves starting at a split 4mg/day.
yea I figured like 12mg/day total...thats interesting

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
do you discourage against the use of niacin? do you feel its benefits arent that significant on lipids? becuase, I would rather not use something marginally effective that is also puttin my liver under stress. Also, I dont use HIGH doses of RYR.. I take half a serving of cycle support a day. (1 scoop)...so I dont think that woudl be a large issue.

but still....now I'm a little concerned. I may just drop them completely
No, I love Niacin! It has a very good impact on lipids, sometimes better than RYR. It can lower overall cholesterol and raise HDL at the right doses. Where as RYR just lowers total. I'm pretty sure that you are not suppose to take them at the same time.

I'll see if I can dig something up.

X

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
No, I love Niacin! It has a very good impact on lipids, sometimes better than RYR. It can lower overall cholesterol and raise HDL at the right doses. Where as RYR just lowers total. I'm pretty sure that you are not suppose to take them at the same time.

X
okay great. I will check the exact doses I'm using and when. Maybe I will just take it once daily in the morning (when I do not use RYR)

Marc-Antony

Awards

X

Red Yiest Rice contains several compounds collectively known as Monacolins, substances known to inhibit cholesterol synthesis; Milk thistle, St. John's wort, niacin, thyroid medications, blood pressure lowering medications and vitamin A may interact with red yeast rice extract. So caution is advised as it may cause kidney damage.

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Red Yiest Rice contains several compounds collectively known as Monacolins, substances known to inhibit cholesterol synthesis; Milk thistle, St. John's wort, niacin, thyroid medications, blood pressure lowering medications and vitamin A may interact with red yeast rice extract. So caution is advised as it may cause kidney damage.

that is VERY interesting.....AI's cycle support has MILK THISTLE, HAWTHORN (blood pressure), AND RYR in it........

so even if I took niacin in the AM and the cycle support in the PM....the RYR still has the potential to interact with the other ingredients of cycle support....maybe I will switch to their life support. Its the same minus the RYR and the doses are less.

Marc-Antony

Awards
that is VERY interesting.....AI's cycle support has MILK THISTLE, HAWTHORN (blood pressure), AND RYR in it........

so even if I took niacin in the AM and the cycle support in the PM....the RYR still has the potential to interact with the other ingredients of cycle support....maybe I will switch to their life support. Its the same minus the RYR and the doses are less.
Just one thing, I said "caution is advised as it may cause kidney damage", while it's true for supplements interacting with liver's P450 cytochrome (such as alcohol for example, I know alcohol is not a supplement, but many ppl like to have a sip during the week ends, personaly, I don't drink, but I am sure some ppl do) , interaction between Niacin, and RYR, to be exact, may leed to kindey as well as muscle damage. (no scientific researches have been conducted to confirm this, but evidence is pointing in that direction).

I have also read that RYR may increase the risk of bleeding, if taken with supplements that are believed to increase risk of bleeding such as Gingko Biloba, even (in fewer cases) with garlic, and saw palmetto. Again, this hasn't been proven though.

Personally, I've decided to stay away from RYR.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established

FDA forced a lot(all?) RYR manufacturers to replace the statins with Policosonal or they just changed the fermentation process of the yeast and it no longer is a statin. Complete and utter crap being able to apply 'patent infringement/intellectual property rights' on something nearly 2000 years old.

I like doing RYR in the morning and Niacin (1000mg-1500mg) at night. You can go as high as 4500mg of Niacin for cholesterol control.

Milk thistle is still good to help repair liver damage.

I want to start using Liv 52.

X

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established

They sell cycle support without RYR too.
I don't think Nutra carries it though.

Life Support has (or had the last time I used it) RYR in it. Just 1/2 the dose (600mg?).

X

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
They sell cycle support without RYR too.
I don't think Nutra carries it though.

Life Support has (or had the last time I used it) RYR in it. Just 1/2 the dose (600mg?).

X
o yea! i got mixed up. I think you have to email someone or call to order cycle support without RYR....I think I will be getting that from now on and including a bit of RYR separately in the morning like you do.

MashedPotato

MashedPotato

Awards
  • Established
1. you betcha
2. large amounts of fish oil, large amounts of aspirin, red yeast rice, fiber supplement, garlic garlic garlic (i reek of garlic)
3. same thing
hey jomi bro, just to let you know there have been a few recent studies that point to garlic having no beneficial effect on cholesterol.

(http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?sec=health&res=9B05E4DC1E3EF934A15751C0A9619C8B63&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss)

Just thought i'd let you know to save your garlic breath.

Ribo68

Ribo68

Awards
One thing I did is switch to a cholesterol free whey since it is such a staple in my diet.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established

We now have a version of Cycle Support which does not have RYR in it.

It should be up for sale at Nutra Planet by tomrrow. :bruce1:

Life support has the RYR as it is a capped version of the original Cycle Support.

I haven't seen anyone mention plant sterols or did I miss it?

CROWLER

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established

CROWLER
Excellent!

X

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established

CROWLER
yea i've heard it was available for a while, I though it was special order or something. That's great that its gonna be on NP...thanks

Ribo68

Ribo68

Awards
yes very curious
It's called American Whey. Tastes pretty good in the chocolate with skim milk. It's a little sweeter tasting than the Champion and Optimum which I've used for years. Even if you didn't like it, there are still other brands that are much lower than 30mg/serving which is ridiculous.

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It's called American Whey. Tastes pretty good in the chocolate with skim milk. It's a little sweeter tasting than the Champion and Optimum which I've used for years. Even if you didn't like it, there are still other brands that are much lower than 30mg/serving which is ridiculous.
thanks man ill check into it

chan_ho_nam

chan_ho_nam

Awards
Anyone use resveratrol or a SERM like Toremifene to lower LDL and raise HDL?

chan_ho_nam

chan_ho_nam

Awards
I use them both in post cycle therapy...so it's almost killing 2 birds with 1 stone
Ahh...thats a good idea. What do you think about Tore during a cycle to keep HDL/LDL in check?

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ahh...thats a good idea. What do you think about Tore during a cycle to keep HDL/LDL in check?
SERMS are still somewhat toxic. People use Nolva on cycle for gyn and to help with lipids.....I prefer an AI (specifically aromasin)...but if you wanna pay...tor would be a good option ON cycle IMO...

Ribo68

Ribo68

Awards
thanks man ill check into it
Looked at the jug a little closer today. The maker is American Sports Nutrition and the protein is called Bargain Whey. The jug looks like a 2.2 lb one but it is 5 lbs so don't get upset when it comes.:)

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Looked at the jug a little closer today. The maker is American Sports Nutrition and the protein is called Bargain Whey. The jug looks like a 2.2 lb one but it is 5 lbs so don't get upset when it comes.:)
awesome man. I appreciate it