More Difficult to eat solid protein lately

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Since I changed my diet to a diet more "carb laden" I guess you could say...It is so much harder for me to eat solid protein. The Carbs bloat me so damn much. Plus I am eating pretty much all whole grain carbs!. I'm getting around 50 grams or more of fiber a day!. Maybe I should add some "white carbs" since they are easier to digest?. I take a dump about 8 times a day too!. Also, I'm wondering how I can cut down on potasium?. I think I may be getting too much. I have the pay version of FitDay and so far today I have had 5,231mg of potasium!. The majority of it is coming from the MUS-L-BLAST that I purchased just for a few days use till I have the money for a Nutraplanet order for some good stuff!. Even before that it seems I got too much potasium some how. Anyway I just noticed that you can break down everything by the foods that you eat....Really lovin Fitday, just switched to using it from a "food calculator" type machine.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Maybe its the change in diet. I was carb cycling since maybe the begining of '04. Also it could be all the fiber making me feel full.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Really kind of pissing me off lately. Its almost like I'm gonna need to eat high glycemic carbs just so I can increase my hunger. All my carbs are coming from whole grains, besides potatoes once in a while and some waxy maize starch, and the Mus-L-Blast which like I said is only for few more days, it only has 10 servings and I purchased it for something "in-between" till I have money for a good nutraplanet order. I'm gonna need a good weight gainer, unless I feed myself intravenously!. I never thought I would have a problem getting enough food in. Also its been so long since I ate carbs everyday...I'm not meeting my calories, close but no cigar. I'm followin a specific diet, not messing around either. I have always followed specific diets, never "wing-it". I have the experience but eating this many calories in new to me.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Maybe you should shift some of the carb calories to fruits instead of grains. The enzymes and phytochemicals should make digestion easier, especially if you eat pineapple or papaya.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Maybe you should shift some of the carb calories to fruits instead of grains. The enzymes and phytochemicals should make digestion easier, especially if you eat pineapple or papaya.

Didn't think of Pineapple!. Thanks. That has always settled my stomach. I don't have any right at the moment though. I do have a whole bag of oranges and a "mini watermelon" that I have not eaten yet. I'm working on the bag of oranges but the watermelon I have not started yet. Also that is a big part of the diet I am on, fruits and veggies, but I only purchased what I could afford at the time, hence the oranges and watermelon. Maybe I can get some canned fruit for less....

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hmmm. Today I am not as full. I still have to get in a lot of calories, but I'm not super full like yesterday. Also today I didn't get all my water in, actually not much at all....I feel great today!.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
When you say bloat do you mean that you feel full or that you are all gassed up with indigestion?

If you're just full that can be expected when switching to lower calorie density whole foods. I might be that your stomach just needs a bit of time to adjust to the greater volume of food.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
When you say bloat do you mean that you feel full or that you are all gassed up with indigestion?.

Actually, both. Its strange, some days I feel like I can eat and eat and eat. Others its extremely difficult to get my calories in. Yesterday I ate 1000 over my goal. Today I am having a really hard time reaching my goal. The good thing is today was one of the best workouts I have had in a while. I added 50 pounds and did 3 over my projected reps for Leg Press!. Of course like I said, I never really ate this much calories or ate to "gain". Always have been worried about fat gain, this time around I'm not really worried about it. Don't get me wrong I eat right, with a lot of whole grains and fiber, good fats....No crap, follow a specific diet program....I just usually freak out because I gain weight so fast. This time I am just gonna keep eating for Mass as long as I can keep a healthy blood pressure, and other aspects in line.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
T-Bone if it's one of those days you're feeling super full and you need some more complex carbs, if you don't mind just throw some oats in water and swig em down. It's not pretty, but when I'm stuffed on veggies and I know I need some more carbs it's what I do. Another option might be Supercarb? Maybe look into that.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
T-Bone if it's one of those days you're feeling super full and you need some more complex carbs, if you don't mind just throw some oats in water and swig em down. It's not pretty, but when I'm stuffed on veggies and I know I need some more carbs it's what I do. Another option might be Supercarb? Maybe look into that.

Yeah I have tried that, the thing is all the fiber in the oats has me running to the bathroom and just bloasts me up more. I have been using Primaforce Carb Slam for extra carbs and just because it doesn't bloat me at all. It is just extra calories as whole more than extra carbs really. Carbslam does help me out though without the bloat. I only use it in protein drinks though. Most carbs come from whole grains and oatmeal. The Carbslam, just fills gaps, so to speak. I'm also looking into Supercarb. I hope it is as easy on the stomach as CarbSlam.