getting a kidney tranplant

A

anthony10

Awards
i was recently diagnosed with IGA nephropathy, ive been on dialysis for 6months and i am getting a kidney transplant in a couple of weeks. ive went from 210 muscle down to 170 due to stop taking steriods and working out. after my transplant i wanna get back in the gym and i am think a couple months in to take small doses of steriods again, just to gain some of what i had..... i am very scared n confused about doing this can anyone help??

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I think that once you start training again, you'll get back up there quick - without steroids.

A great diet, good supplementation, and a consistent progressive overload training routine should be all you need to get back around 210. Because you've already had that kind of size, muscle memory should really kick in and your gains should come pretty fast.

I would certainly not be playing with your hormone profile without a doctor's supervision - especially after getting a Kidney transplant. Steroids can cause hypertension, which can be damaging to your kidneys. Considering you are receiving a new one, it would be a good idea to take very good care of it you know?

BV

C

ClintCanada

i was recently diagnosed with IGA nephropathy, ive been on dialysis for 6months and i am getting a kidney transplant in a couple of weeks. ive went from 210 muscle down to 170 due to stop taking steriods and working out. after my transplant i wanna get back in the gym and i am think a couple months in to take small doses of steriods again, just to gain some of what i had..... i am very scared n confused about doing this can anyone help??
If you're on you're onto your second set of kidneys but are still in the first body you were issued, then feeling scared and confused about using steroids is probably natural (listen to your gut) . . . :blink:

Think about it . . .:nono:

B

Birdsizzle

Awards
What was the cause of your nephropathy? My guess is taxation and abuse from steroid and supplement use, but even if it was from natural causes I would certainly stay far far away from anything hormonal.

You only get one body... you got lucky and will get a second shot with new kidneys. Is the risk:reward ratio worth it?

My best advice would be to recover fully, eat right and get back in the gym when you're ready and gradually you'll come around. It may not be as quickly as you'd like or as it would be with the help of hormones, but it will certainly be healthier and far more likely to be gains that are retained long term.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I would take a long break and really reconsider steroid use as an option for yourself. Nobody needs them nor does anyone really need to be artificially huge. You do however, need to keep living and you now have a responsibility to care of yourself and those donated kidneys because they are such rare and precious gifts.