Advanced laser treatment therapy for stretch marks and collagen synthesis

1. Professional Member
    Answers

Advanced laser treatment therapy for stretch marks and collagen synthesis

I just had a test run done on an area of stretch marks to see how they react to laser treatment. They did the test for free, and in 4 weeks I should know the effect.

I'm wondering, however, since I'm on EQ, and my collagen sythesis is through the roof, if this will positively impact the healing process, possibly making them heal faster and better. When considering that, I also wonder if IGF-1 would help. What if one were to get the laser treatment done, jump on a low does of IGF-1, and then have it work 2x-4x better?

2. New Member
    Answers

BUMP! sounds like a great question.

Quote Originally Posted by CryingEmo View Post
    I just had a test run done on an area of stretch marks to see how they react to laser treatment. They did the test for free, and in 4 weeks I should know the effect.

I'm wondering, however, since I'm on EQ, and my collagen sythesis is through the roof, if this will positively impact the healing process, possibly making them heal faster and better. When considering that, I also wonder if IGF-1 would help. What if one were to get the laser treatment done, jump on a low does of IGF-1, and then have it work 2x-4x better?

3. Senior Member
    Answers

I think I read somewhere that igf-1 will increase scaring though so it might not be a good thing.

•   

4. Professional Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Jstrong20 View Post
    I think I read somewhere that igf-1 will increase scaring though so it might not be a good thing.
    That doesn't make any sense though...

5. Advanced Member
    Answers

Hey CryingEmo, are the laser treatments you are getting for your stretch marks a newer laser or the same one they've been using for years?

Just curious, because when I was having a tattoo lasered (I somewhat am friends with this Dermatologist) I asked him about a laser for stretch mark removal. He said that it won't remove them completely, but may lighten them. I had him try with absolutely no results. That's why I was wondering if there is a newer, more effective laser around now.

Stretch marks appear to be a permanent thing. More permanent than tattoos.

6. Professional Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by KingMeso View Post
    Hey CryingEmo, are the laser treatments you are getting for your stretch marks a newer laser or the same one they've been using for years?

Just curious, because when I was having a tattoo lasered (I somewhat am friends with this Dermatologist) I asked him about a laser for stretch mark removal. He said that it won't remove them completely, but may lighten them. I had him try with absolutely no results. That's why I was wondering if there is a newer, more effective laser around now.

Stretch marks appear to be a permanent thing. More permanent than tattoos.

Supposedly there are new better lasers and the technology can only get better. I don't think the guy used a newer technology on me though. I have red about the dye lasers that supposedly had an effect. After a week the laser area is healing and it doesn't look like it had much effect. The only real solution is to have them cut out, or if there on your stomach get an adominoplasty, which I will get in the future.

7. Senior Member
    Answers

Its not conclusive but their is other studies on the internet. Some I had no idea what they where talking about.lol

8. Senior Member
    Answers

.medscape.com/viewarticle/411092_2

Its not conclusive but their is other studies on the internet. Some I had no idea what they where talking about.lol

9. Professional Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Jstrong20 View Post
    .medscape.com/viewarticle/411092_2

Can you post the article here?

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Anything close to Java Lather for stretch marks?
    By oogaly_boogal in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-11-2011, 07:21 PM
  2. stretch marks and skin tightening
    By luelinks in forum Supplements
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-16-2010, 12:28 PM
  3. whats good for stretch marks??
    By just93 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-09-2009, 02:23 PM
  4. Stretch marks and scars removers