still hungry....but macro's are telling me no

  1. still hungry....but macro's are telling me no


    so i can't get that hungry feeling out the way, during the day i try to eat every couple hours, have protein bar if im on the go.

    so my calories right now are about at 2600 and i will slowly drop them to about 2300-2400, i have been doing a slow bulk. but even at 2600 calories im always hungry. in the past at 189 i've been able to maintain weight at 2300, right now at 199-200 i've managed to gain lean mass without getting fatter can i maintain that weight with 2300 calories like i did at 189.

    also that hungry feeling, what is happening at 9pm when my stomach is growling and im feeling hungry, are my muscles being eaten away.im at 2600 calories and don't want to go beyond my macros, but my body feels hungry am i hurting myself by not eating or am i going to gain fat by eating


  2. Quote Originally Posted by StellaArtois View Post
    so i can't get that hungry feeling out the way, during the day i try to eat every couple hours, have protein bar if im on the go.

    so my calories right now are about at 2600 and i will slowly drop them to about 2300-2400, i have been doing a slow bulk. but even at 2600 calories im always hungry. in the past at 189 i've been able to maintain weight at 2300, right now at 199-200 i've managed to gain lean mass without getting fatter can i maintain that weight with 2300 calories like i did at 189.

    also that hungry feeling, what is happening at 9pm when my stomach is growling and im feeling hungry, are my muscles being eaten away.im at 2600 calories and don't want to go beyond my macros, but my body feels hungry am i hurting myself by not eating or am i going to gain fat by eating
    If you are on MDrol, have you adjusted your macros up with any weight gain?

    Eat another protein/fat meal (FF Cottage Cheese and PB). That will keep you satiated longer. Add another 100-500 cals/day and watch for body fat increase.

    You are hungry for a reason.

    X
    “Besides, it is a disgrace to grow old through sheer carelessness before seeing what manner of man you may become by developing your bodily strength and beauty to their highest limit.”

  3. How much water are you consuming?

    What does your diet look like?
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by StellaArtois View Post
    so i can't get that hungry feeling out the way, during the day i try to eat every couple hours, have protein bar if im on the go.

    so my calories right now are about at 2600 and i will slowly drop them to about 2300-2400, i have been doing a slow bulk. but even at 2600 calories im always hungry. in the past at 189 i've been able to maintain weight at 2300, right now at 199-200 i've managed to gain lean mass without getting fatter can i maintain that weight with 2300 calories like i did at 189.

    also that hungry feeling, what is happening at 9pm when my stomach is growling and im feeling hungry, are my muscles being eaten away.im at 2600 calories and don't want to go beyond my macros, but my body feels hungry am i hurting myself by not eating or am i going to gain fat by eating
    make room in your diet for some more fibrous veggies. You will need higher calories to maintain a higher weight. your calories overall seem very low to me.

  5. ^^^Good post all around!

    ...and FWIIW, bulk fiber helps as well, but not without it's consequences...
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49

  6. Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    ^^^Good post all around!

    ...and FWIIW, bulk fiber helps as well, but not without it's consequences...
    lol

  7. You laugh, but it's true...when cutting I use bulk fiber to help stay full as well slow digestion...if I don't build up my dose the gas is awful!
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49

  8. You may have to up calories a bit, 2600 isn't very much and you shouldn't really be hungry when your bulking. Age may be a factor if your still in your teens, but just like everyone else said eat more slower digesting food, and foods that have a larger fullness factor. If you posted your diet we could probably help a lot more.

  9. More water and more green veggies ..

    I find myself getting hungry while at work and with little time to eat, couple scoops of unflavored BCAA washed down with 16+ oz of h2o .. shuts the belly up .. will sometimes do that every couple hours for 6-10 hours ..

    I will also eat a can of green beans with my dinner .. whole can has around 60ish calories and adds to the fiber intake as mentioned above .. eat all the green veggies you want

    I am consuming 2400 Cal/day on a cut and around 200lbs so I would think you could handle a couple hundred more calories a day

  10. Musclestogo... smc usa.. uhh... the last post in this thread was halloween of '07.

  11. Using a phone app.. Just popped up as new .. lol .. its the other guys fault ..

  12. oh well, our advice could still benefit other guys reading the forum.

  13. If you're trying to add weight have some eggs before bed.

  14. If your on a bulk and you weight 199-200 lbs then IMHO 2,400 cals. seems a bit low.
    Here is my general guideline (most importantly is going to be how you feel and look.)
    Protein: 1.25-1.5 per 1lb. of body weight.
    Carbs: 2-2.5 per 1lb. of body weight. (Don't be scared of carbs!!)
    Fats: .7-.8 per 1lb. of body weight.

    To answer your question about losing muscle. Muscular Atrophy doesn't happen over-night and as long as your eating your maintence cals. and your eating enough protein/amino acids your not going to go catabolic. By all means though, if your hungry eat something! My last meal of the day normally consists of 2tbsp. natural peanut butter, 1 cup cottage cheese and 4-5 whole eggs.
    PS: Just make sure that you are eating clean sources of food.


    I just turned 18 and I'm sitting at about 192-193 at 8% BF and while on a bulk I hit an upward 3750-4025 cals. a day.
    Life Isn't About Waiting For The Storm To Pass, It's About Learning To Dance In The Fcking Rain.

  15. I'm 170lbs 10%bf and doing 3500-4k cals/day just to be 500 over maintenance. I had a reall hard time bulking for a while based on average formulas so i bought the bodybugg system and found out that my metabolism is turbo charged 24/7. I was trying to bulk at 3k cals before (which would make sense as I started at 165lbs, 5'10") and was losing about 1/4lb every week.

    The lesson here is: if you don't gain 2lbs in 2 weeks you're not eating 500cals/day over, eat more!

    Try to do it all clean if you can. It's tough to get 4k calories totally clean but I manage it alright even if I'm EXTREMELY full all day (just ate a pound of carrots).

  16. Wow, I wish I could bulk on that LOW of cals...thats all I can say!

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Cantell View Post
    Wow, I wish I could bulk on that LOW of cals...thats all I can say!
    Wish I could eat 10k in a day without the risk of ending up in the er with a ruptured stomach. lol

  18. Quote Originally Posted by cswalczakny View Post
    Wish I could eat 10k in a day without the risk of ending up in the er with a ruptured stomach. lol
    Ha, word! Its crazy, I know...But, with all seriousness the OP seems to be eating a very low amount!

  19. If MACROS are telling you what to do, your NOT listening to your body...Maybe your goals you have are unrealistic for your body type. Listen to your body more...Don't do mental gymnastics.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by MuscleGauge1 View Post
    If MACROS are telling you what to do, your NOT listening to your body...Maybe your goals you have are unrealistic for your body type. Listen to your body more...Don't do mental gymnastics.
    Exactly! Listen to your body, not macros. And i don't know why you wanna bulk with so low caloric intake, if your that worried about fat add a sprinting day.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-16-2011, 11:53 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-19-2010, 01:14 PM
  3. Could someone please tell me if these are legit?
    By captain chet in forum Pics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-16-2004, 09:59 PM
  4. My new split. Tell me what you think
    By satan in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-01-2003, 01:01 PM
  5. Look at this women, tell me what you think?
    By pjorstad in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-23-2003, 09:13 PM
Log in
Log in