still hungry....but macro's are telling me no

StellaArtois

Awards
  • Established
so i can't get that hungry feeling out the way, during the day i try to eat every couple hours, have protein bar if im on the go.

so my calories right now are about at 2600 and i will slowly drop them to about 2300-2400, i have been doing a slow bulk. but even at 2600 calories im always hungry. in the past at 189 i've been able to maintain weight at 2300, right now at 199-200 i've managed to gain lean mass without getting fatter can i maintain that weight with 2300 calories like i did at 189.

also that hungry feeling, what is happening at 9pm when my stomach is growling and im feeling hungry, are my muscles being eaten away.im at 2600 calories and don't want to go beyond my macros, but my body feels hungry am i hurting myself by not eating or am i going to gain fat by eating

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
so i can't get that hungry feeling out the way, during the day i try to eat every couple hours, have protein bar if im on the go.

so my calories right now are about at 2600 and i will slowly drop them to about 2300-2400, i have been doing a slow bulk. but even at 2600 calories im always hungry. in the past at 189 i've been able to maintain weight at 2300, right now at 199-200 i've managed to gain lean mass without getting fatter can i maintain that weight with 2300 calories like i did at 189.

also that hungry feeling, what is happening at 9pm when my stomach is growling and im feeling hungry, are my muscles being eaten away.im at 2600 calories and don't want to go beyond my macros, but my body feels hungry am i hurting myself by not eating or am i going to gain fat by eating
If you are on MDrol, have you adjusted your macros up with any weight gain?

Eat another protein/fat meal (FF Cottage Cheese and PB). That will keep you satiated longer. Add another 100-500 cals/day and watch for body fat increase.

You are hungry for a reason.

X

IainDaniel

Awards
How much water are you consuming?

What does your diet look like?

Rodzilla

Board Sponsor
Awards

make room in your diet for some more fibrous veggies. You will need higher calories to maintain a higher weight. your calories overall seem very low to me.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
^^^Good post all around!

...and FWIIW, bulk fiber helps as well, but not without it's consequences...:dump: :fart:

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You laugh, but it's true...when cutting I use bulk fiber to help stay full as well slow digestion...if I don't build up my dose the gas is awful!

MusclestoGo

MusclestoGo

Awards
You may have to up calories a bit, 2600 isn't very much and you shouldn't really be hungry when your bulking. Age may be a factor if your still in your teens, but just like everyone else said eat more slower digesting food, and foods that have a larger fullness factor. If you posted your diet we could probably help a lot more.

SMC USA

SMC USA

Awards
More water and more green veggies ..

I find myself getting hungry while at work and with little time to eat, couple scoops of unflavored BCAA washed down with 16+ oz of h2o .. shuts the belly up .. will sometimes do that every couple hours for 6-10 hours ..

I will also eat a can of green beans with my dinner .. whole can has around 60ish calories and adds to the fiber intake as mentioned above .. eat all the green veggies you want

I am consuming 2400 Cal/day on a cut and around 200lbs so I would think you could handle a couple hundred more calories a day

Gokmog

Gokmog

Awards
Musclestogo... smc usa.. uhh... the last post in this thread was halloween of '07.

SMC USA

SMC USA

Awards
Using a phone app.. Just popped up as new .. lol .. its the other guys fault ..

MusclestoGo

MusclestoGo

Awards
oh well, our advice could still benefit other guys reading the forum.

ponysteak

ponysteak

Awards
If you're trying to add weight have some eggs before bed.

Kubitzky

Kubitzky

Awards
If your on a bulk and you weight 199-200 lbs then IMHO 2,400 cals. seems a bit low.
Here is my general guideline (most importantly is going to be how you feel and look.)
Protein: 1.25-1.5 per 1lb. of body weight.
Carbs: 2-2.5 per 1lb. of body weight. (Don't be scared of carbs!!)
Fats: .7-.8 per 1lb. of body weight.

To answer your question about losing muscle. Muscular Atrophy doesn't happen over-night and as long as your eating your maintence cals. and your eating enough protein/amino acids your not going to go catabolic. By all means though, if your hungry eat something! My last meal of the day normally consists of 2tbsp. natural peanut butter, 1 cup cottage cheese and 4-5 whole eggs.
PS: Just make sure that you are eating clean sources of food.

I just turned 18 and I'm sitting at about 192-193 at 8% BF and while on a bulk I hit an upward 3750-4025 cals. a day.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm 170lbs 10%bf and doing 3500-4k cals/day just to be 500 over maintenance. I had a reall hard time bulking for a while based on average formulas so i bought the bodybugg system and found out that my metabolism is turbo charged 24/7. I was trying to bulk at 3k cals before (which would make sense as I started at 165lbs, 5'10") and was losing about 1/4lb every week.

The lesson here is: if you don't gain 2lbs in 2 weeks you're not eating 500cals/day over, eat more!

Try to do it all clean if you can. It's tough to get 4k calories totally clean but I manage it alright even if I'm EXTREMELY full all day (just ate a pound of carrots).

Cantell

Awards
  • Established
Wow, I wish I could bulk on that LOW of cals...thats all I can say!

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow, I wish I could bulk on that LOW of cals...thats all I can say!
Wish I could eat 10k in a day without the risk of ending up in the er with a ruptured stomach. lol

Cantell

Awards
  • Established
Wish I could eat 10k in a day without the risk of ending up in the er with a ruptured stomach. lol
Ha, word! Its crazy, I know...But, with all seriousness the OP seems to be eating a very low amount!

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
If MACROS are telling you what to do, your NOT listening to your body...Maybe your goals you have are unrealistic for your body type. Listen to your body more...Don't do mental gymnastics.

MusclestoGo

MusclestoGo

Awards
If MACROS are telling you what to do, your NOT listening to your body...Maybe your goals you have are unrealistic for your body type. Listen to your body more...Don't do mental gymnastics.
Exactly! Listen to your body, not macros. And i don't know why you wanna bulk with so low caloric intake, if your that worried about fat add a sprinting day.