Bloodwork Issue...WTF???

klugman

klugman

Awards
  • Established
I just had bloodwork done.
My wife thought for certain I was a walking heart attack waiting to happen.
I eat lots of red meat, chicken eggs, etc.
Last spring I did a 7 week H-50/Havoc cycle with TST.

So, I was curious to see what shape I was in.

I get the test done and I got an interesting surprise...my lipids are great, natural test is fine but my thyroid is borderline low!

I'm shocked. I don't use a lot of stimulants. In fact, I don't even drink coffee in the morning. My doctor is having me go for another test...but I don't know what to make of this. If anything I was thinking that I would have bad LDL or something.

I'm wondering if anything would cause a false test. The night before the test I took 100mg of caffeine and did my usaul Friday night weight workout plus 25 minutes of cardio.

I don't match most of the symptoms of hypothyroid either. I certainly do not feel fatigued...

The one thing I have noticed since last spring is that I bruise much easier.

Is there anything I can do to try to raise my thyroid level without using drugs?

Any specific ???s I should ask my doctor???

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
You should not workout for at least 3 days before a blood test and maybe even longer.

CROWLER

klugman

klugman

Awards
  • Established
You should not workout for at least 3 days before a blood test and maybe even longer.

CROWLER
That's good to know. My dr. did not mention this.
Thanks for the quick response.

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
I just had bloodwork done.
My wife thought for certain I was a walking heart attack waiting to happen.
I eat lots of red meat, chicken eggs, etc.
Last spring I did a 7 week H-50/Havoc cycle with TST.

So, I was curious to see what shape I was in.

I get the test done and I got an interesting surprise...my lipids are great, natural test is fine but my thyroid is borderline low!

I'm shocked. I don't use a lot of stimulants. In fact, I don't even drink coffee in the morning. My doctor is having me go for another test...but I don't know what to make of this. If anything I was thinking that I would have bad LDL or something.

I'm wondering if anything would cause a false test. The night before the test I took 100mg of caffeine and did my usaul Friday night weight workout plus 25 minutes of cardio.

I don't match most of the symptoms of hypothyroid either. I certainly do not feel fatigued...

The one thing I have noticed since last spring is that I bruise much easier.

Is there anything I can do to try to raise my thyroid level without using drugs?

Any specific ???s I should ask my doctor???

what exactly was ur thyroid levels and ref. range because the lower the thyroid number most of the time thats better unless its really, really low.

DrDelgado

Awards
what exactly was ur thyroid levels and ref. range because the lower the thyroid number most of the time thats better unless its really, really low.
Dear sirs concerned with risk factors of lipids, low thyroid and issues of heart disease:
After having worked with Nathan Pritikin, winner of Affinity award, and other researchers, for nearly 30 years, in this field, studying Lipids fractions, and my close work with Theirry Hertoghe, MD, author of Hormone solutions, where we do interventional endocrinology, there are clearly factors that affect thyroid and lipids.
Be sure to have a Thyroid Free T3 measurement, as most panels leave out this critical test, most doctors, thinking it enough to have TSH, and T4, rarely know to meaure the correct tests for thyroid, or even consider symptoms like cold hands, or weight gain, because T3, is the only active form of thyroid. A low level along with taking a questionaire at www.ultimatemedicalresearch.com at the wellness survey, shows the key questions related to all hormones that may be low or deficient and deserve attention.
Also a blood test may not be enough, as we often do 24 urine tests for the sake to measure downstream metabolites, such as thyroid and testosterone and estrogen, since this will show how much hormone your body uses, and not just show a snap shot of your level for say testosterone at the moment, testosterone like most other hormones can vary and change every 15 minutes! so a single blood test is hardly accurate, whereas 24 collection of urine can show the total load of all key hormones.
cholesterol, contrary to popular belief, is a true marker for heart disease, stroke, and the levels we have found from the literature to be safe, are not what the American Heart Association publishes, and dont fall prey to the advice that you need alot of cholesterol to produce sex hormones, while Guyton Medical Physiology clearly showes the body produces all the cholesterol you need to create enough hormones, even at levels as low as free living populations where heart disease doesnt exist, like Tarahumara Indians of Mexico, or Bantu Natives of Africa, and my favorite the Okinawans of Japan, longest lived people, with naturally high testosterone and low cholesterol levels of under 160 !

Your total cholesterol should be 100 plus your age and not over 180 if you have a good HDL level of even 60 in will not be protective from an LDL that exceeds 90, the higher the LDL the higher the risk, VLDL makes up the other fraction and is often tied into the triglyceride level (fat circulating in the blood is transported by VLDL. So this level of VLDL ideal is under 40, and triglyceride even after fast under 100, and postporandial after eating should not really exceed 180. Otherwise it cloggs the RBC's and thickens the blood a dangerous co risk factor.
We do carotid artery ultrasound and those with cholesterol levels over 180 the higher they are, over 220 plus like the average american tends to have thickening in the arteries that has the highest correlation to impotency ED, clogged arteries in the penis, yes limp ****! and the heart attack, arteries to heart clogging, (which goes un detected by most standard tests such as EKG, stress treadmill, or echo, the closest good test would be a Stress Echo. and better is a combined CT scan, with high end MRI of arteries to heart. Look up new tests names. Remember the first symptom of heart disease starts with ED, 400,000 hospital visits this last year for ED! and then sudden heart attack over 500,000 deaths per year.
the only diet that uncloggs arteries is the Delgado Protocol, see nickdelgado.com similar to our work at the Pritikin Longevity center now carried on to the public for you. As i speak in India world anti aging conference this weekend, Nov 16 to 18 then to Anaheim convention center Dec 1, 9am to 1pm the biggest MMA event, and Dec 8, Irvine 9am to 1pm the event is $95 yet with mention to Beverly of anabolic mind you get 50% off entrance at Dec 1 and Dec 8 events, this includes food at Dec 8 event, call Beverly at 714-442-0743 if you want to attend. or see the complete lectures for free under chicago blog, at www.nickdelgado.com where doctors get continuing education credits, level one AMA for attending A4m events, next one I speak at is Dec 11 sports medicine certification, 4pm to 6pm, in las Vegas Ventician Hotel, A4m and Friday Dec 14 at 6pm to 930pm, with co Chair Suzie Schuder MD, talk on Nitrogenous base affect on ADD ADHD, and drug depencency, and Naina Sachdev MD, on bio identical hormones and Estrogen metabolism in Men and women. and I Nick Delgado will speak on Stem cells, advances, legal use of natural methods, hormones, fitness diet, biochemistry, for peak performance. to attend as my guest at A4m go to www.worldhealth.net, ask for a pass to see convention hall we have a booth, and get permission from desk that i invited you to assist at the sportsmedicine talk Dec 11, as my guest and Dec 14 the evening workshop, in Las Vegas, regular charge $595, for free to my events, limited offer to first 20 guests. Call us to for Anaheim and Irvine California events as seating is limited, see us at our store front at www.nolimitsmma.com in Irvine, the event in irvine is near OC airport on Cowan ave, get the newsletter sent to you for free, with invitation, of offers above by calling Beverly at our office 714-442-0743

klugman

klugman

Awards
  • Established
I took a second blood test and my doctor called me and said that I'm still border line low. That being the case I set up an appointment to go in and speak with him. He did list 4 symptoms of low thyroid function:

1) weight gain
2) constipation
3) general fatigue
4) hair loss

I have gained some weight but I've been eating more and lifting heavy recently so I can't say all weight gained is fat. Also, I don't really feel fatigued ever. No hair loss or constipation either.

I will wait to see what he says when I visit for my appointment before I get too concerned.

DrDelgado

Awards
I took a second blood test and my doctor called me and said that I'm still border line low. That being the case I set up an appointment to go in and speak with him. He did list 4 symptoms of low thyroid function:

1) weight gain
2) constipation
3) general fatigue
4) hair loss

I have gained some weight but I've been eating more and lifting heavy recently so I can't say all weight gained is fat. Also, I don't really feel fatigued ever. No hair loss or constipation either.

I will wait to see what he says when I visit for my appointment before I get too concerned.

the world expert on thyroid dysfunction, Dr Thierry Hertoghe, created a series of questions on not just thyroid, but all other important hormones as hormones work together not seperate, so go to what Dr Hertoghe supplied us the wellness survey at Ultimate Medical Research and take the print out of results to your doctor. We have an even more detailed survey for our coaching clients, but start with the free survey on line which will take you 30 minutes to complete, and sends you the results.

Last edited: