Serious Hydration Problem, Any help appreciated!

Bmlax22

Banned
Awards
For the last 4 months I have had a fairly serious hydration problem in my opinion. Every morning I will get up, eat my breakfast and drink a half gallon of water, but be EXTREMELY dehydrated feeling throughout the day (Taking in 2 gallons or more water a day).

This is now a real concern for me as it is effecting my energy and focus due to feeling with crap all the time no matter how much water I take in.

Diet is 20% fats, 50% carbs and 30% protein. Supps have been an AI about 4 monthd ago, an Epidrol cycle 2 months ago (Fully recovered after PCT), but the hydration issue has been before either of those.

Now my question is, what supps do you all use for hydration, can this be a diet issue? Hormone issue? I take in VERY little salt and only drink water, diet is very clean (lean meats, all low GI carbs, good fats). Getting 8 hours of sleep a night. Traininbg is also suffering from this hydration issue and i fell physically feel muscles not being hydrated correctly as well as throat.lips being very dry all the time.

ANY help is appreciated!!

Bmlax22

Banned
Awards
post cycle therapy was: Tamox Citrate: 40/30/20/20, AX Retain 3/3/3/3, Scivation Fenotest 4 caps/day for 30 days, EST Ester Sized XP, AI Cycle Support along with staples (Multi, B Vitamins, etc)

Do you think it may be a salt intake problem? I mean I take in VERY little salt, and salt does play a role in hydration

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yea PCT was solid.

Sorry I must have over looked the sodium. Yes that may play a role especially with that much water each day. Try kicking that up along with ur Potassium intake and give that a go for a few days.

Like I said earlier Poseidon is a phenomenal Hydration complex if you still are leaning that way.

Bmlax22

Banned
Awards
Im going to start using more salt starting today as well as picking up a big tub of posidon from NP and see how it goes. Thanks for the input!

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im going to start using more salt starting today as well as picking up a big tub of posidon from NP and see how it goes. Thanks for the input!
Good idea. Salt is the most abundant extracellular anion in the human body, a lack of it could cause some of the problems you are having.

You may also in fact be flushing out a lot of your trace minerals with that much water intake, which could have detremintal effects on various cellular transport system i.e. Na/K pump, hydrogen transport and the such(all of which effect energy levels). How long have you been intaking that much water, and did the symptoms occur before or after you starting drinking that much liquid? If it started after, then I would try to adjust my water intake to somewhere closer to 1gal/day or slightly below, slightly increase Na, and take 3-4 servings of Poseidon/day. Might help get your electrolyte balance back on track if this is the case.

Keep us informed of how it goes!!:thumbsup:

Bmlax22

Banned
Awards
I started taking in that much water about 2-3 months ago. Before that I was taking in about 1-1.2 gallons a day. How many grams of salt do you you think should suffice?

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I started taking in that much water about 2-3 months ago. Before that I was taking in about 1-1.2 gallons a day. How many grams of salt do you you think should suffice?
Hrmm..... A while back I was taking in about 1,500mg a day and drinking 1.5~2gal of water a day and my sodium levels came back low. I think I shot for between 2500~3500mg of salt a day after that. Now my levels are fine and I'm at about 2,000~2,500mg a day.

I did this by adding Ketchup to my eggs (highly addicting) hot sauce to my chicken and rice, and a little salt and pepper to my cottage cheese. Be generis (sp?)with how much you put on. Your drinking A LOT of water.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
You say you are dehydrated how do you know?

Do you feel thirsty? If so I believe that is a symptom of diabetes. Not saying you have it but I recall that is one of the symptoms.

CROWLER

Bmlax22

Banned
Awards
I felt thirst, dry throat for most of the day, feeling weak/lightheaded sometimes. Ive played sports for most of my youth and have felt the dehydrated feeling and thats what its comparable to

drksun

drksun

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Good idea. Salt is the most abundant extracellular anion in the human body, a lack of it could cause some of the problems you are having.

You may also in fact be flushing out a lot of your trace minerals with that much water intake, which could have detremintal effects on various cellular transport system i.e. Na/K pump, hydrogen transport and the such(all of which effect energy levels). How long have you been intaking that much water, and did the symptoms occur before or after you starting drinking that much liquid? If it started after, then I would try to adjust my water intake to somewhere closer to 1gal/day or slightly below, slightly increase Na, and take 3-4 servings of Poseidon/day. Might help get your electrolyte balance back on track if this is the case.

Keep us informed of how it goes!!:thumbsup:
isn't Na a cation? (Na is +1 charged, PAWsitive, cats have paws :) ) or were you referring to the Cl anion in NaCl being the most abundant?

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
You haven't felt this way all your life so something changed. If you can't pinpoint something major changing in your sups/diet/life you may want to see a DR.

CROWLER

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You say you are dehydrated how do you know?

Do you feel thirsty? If so I believe that is a symptom of diabetes. Not saying you have it but I recall that is one of the symptoms.

CROWLER
Good call Crowler. I dont know how I over-looked that.

I don't want to alarm the OP but this is similar to how one of our neighbor's found out they had Diabetes. Go to the DR. I would suggest going A.S.A.P!!!!!

Better safe than sorry!! My little brother was passing blood thru his stole and he didn't want to do anything about it(it's slightly embarrassing) but I convinced him to get it looked at and turned out there was a pollup. They caught it in time and every thing's luckily ok. Just better to be safe than sorry

Bmlax22

Banned
Awards
I'm definately going to get in to the doctor this week, Ive been meaning to for a while, but now I need to actually do it

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
As soon as I saw 'hydration', I knew I'd find a Nimbus Nutrition rep pimpin' Poseidon up in here. lol. Poseidon for sure, I'll back that myself.

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
You haven't felt this way all your life so something changed. If you can't pinpoint something major changing in your sups/diet/life you may want to see a DR.

CROWLER
I think Poseidon would be a perfect fit for you but seeing a DR., as Crowler suggested, is where you need to start. Glad to hear your going and please keep us informed.

Workin

Bmlax22

Banned
Awards
Getting into the doctor this week. I dosed my sodium intake at 4000mg the day that I posted this thread, and about 40000mg the day after. I noticed it did help, as I didnt have that extreme dryness in my throat and my workout went very well (much better than that of late, but I dont want to attribute it to an increased sodium intake yet). Im going to start dosing potassium at around 1g a day as well. I did some more research and apparently all the symptoms I am experiencing match that of a critically low potassium intake (don't want to put all my money on this either, but I dont think it can hurt)

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If I eat too much or too little sodium I feel dehydrated, If I use AI's or dryer compounds- epistane (AI-like) I feel dehydrated. If I use herbal diuretics like dandelion I feel dry mouth and need to drink alot as I am urinating alot. Get to the doctor and make sure its nothign serious

nelix

Awards
  • Established
Getting into the doctor this week. I dosed my sodium intake at 4000mg the day that I posted this thread, and about 40000mg the day after. I noticed it did help, as I didnt have that extreme dryness in my throat and my workout went very well (much better than that of late, but I dont want to attribute it to an increased sodium intake yet). Im going to start dosing potassium at around 1g a day as well. I did some more research and apparently all the symptoms I am experiencing match that of a critically low potassium intake (don't want to put all my money on this either, but I dont think it can hurt)
Eat a banana. Do you eat fruit and veg?

methodice

methodice

Awards
  • Established
Check your salt and other electrolyte intake as mentioned before.

Do you urinate alot, do you urinate alot in the night? If so, that coupled with your excessive thirst are prime markers for diabetes.

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Check your salt and other electrolyte intake as mentioned before.

Do you urinate alot, do you urinate alot in the night? If so, that coupled with your excessive thirst are prime markers for diabetes.
very god point.

Bmlax22

Banned
Awards
Since I've upped the potassium I've noticed a HUGE difference, and this is after 2 days. My workouts are excellent, not geting lightheaded, scratchiness in throat is almost non-existant, thirst isnt nearly as bad as it was just days prior. Still waiting to see the doc to make sure

krogtaar

Awards
nice im gonna try extra potassium. i have the thirst as described and dry skin all the time, so i think im gonna go ask my doc about diabeetis