Anti-cortisol and alcohol - AnabolicMinds.com

Anti-cortisol and alcohol

1. Advanced Member

Anti-cortisol and alcohol

Would it be a good idea to take an anti-cort product after consuming alcohol?

It seems that it could counter the raise in cortisol that you get the next day, and possibly help prevent developing a "beer belly" (obviously you still get the extra calories, and other bad effects).

2. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

A topical would probably be the best idea because of the longer half life. Abliderate from NP would do the job nicely and it is a local carrier so you could use it direct on the belly.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  3. Advanced Member

That's a good idea. I might try out primordial's topical soon.
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Primordial's product is awesome. I still have Omega Sports Systematic 7 which is also very good... but I think that Dermabolics 7 Cort is the bomb for 7-keto topical. If I were you, I'd get the 8 oz 7-Cort and purchase 3 grams of b-triol powder and dissolve that into the 7-Cort, so each 5 sprays would have 100mg of 7-keto and 25 mg of b-triol.
    Freedom means nothing here.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by johnyq View Post
    Would it be a good idea to take an anti-cort product after consuming alcohol?

It seems that it could counter the raise in cortisol that you get the next day, and possibly help prevent developing a "beer belly" (obviously you still get the extra calories, and other bad effects).
    The main culprit of a beer belly is the hops that are in beer because they are Estrogenic as hell. I would go with the cortisol blocker and a natural AI like Resveratrol.
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.

Good point Hyde. I remember now about reading humulus lupulus causing estrogen activity. Awesome.
  7. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force of Green View Post
    Good point Hyde. I remember now about reading humulus lupulus causing estrogen activity. Awesome.
    Awesome...NO!!! I'm going cry... to think I cant enjoy my good wholesome beer all the while knowing its going to turn me into a woman...

Figures... they always take away everything I love... and it took this thread to have me make my first post on AM. Shamefull.
  8. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde12 View Post
    The main culprit of a beer belly is the hops that are in beer because they are Estrogenic as hell. I would go with the cortisol blocker and a natural AI like Resveratrol.
    I know it is a potent phyto estrogen, but where is your proof that it is necessarily estrogenic in the human male?

I mean we have been going back and forth on this with soy for a decade and there isn't overwhelming proof in either direction, and then someone posted a thread 3 months ago saying avoid ALL sources of phytoestrogens with absolutely nothing to back it up (meaning a lot of really healthy foods...I think this is insanity). It is funny to me that you recommended another phyto estrogen to combat the estrogenic quality of hops...

Hops are also a very potent antioxidant and anti-cancer, but I guess since I lift weights I'm to be more concerned with gyno than with overall health (no wait, I don't take roids/PHs, I don't think I need to worry at all...)

Also, why would estrogen cause accumulation of belly fat, a distinctly male issue.
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by johnyq View Post
    I know it is a potent phyto estrogen, but where is your proof that it is necessarily estrogenic in the human male?

I mean we have been going back and forth on this with soy for a decade and there isn't overwhelming proof in either direction, and then someone posted a thread 3 months ago saying avoid ALL sources of phytoestrogens with absolutely nothing to back it up (meaning a lot of really healthy foods...I think this is insanity). It is funny to me that you recommended another phyto estrogen to combat the estrogenic quality of hops...

Hops are also a very potent antioxidant and anti-cancer, but I guess since I lift weights I'm to be more concerned with gyno than with overall health (no wait, I don't take roids/PHs, I don't think I need to worry at all...)

Also, why would estrogen cause accumulation of belly fat, a distinctly male issue.
    Resveratrol is actually more closely related to a SERM, sorry about that.

http://www.swedish.org/110915.cfm

If you aren't worried about anthing then drink em up and drink one for me
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmonkey View Post
    Awesome...NO!!! I'm going cry... to think I cant enjoy my good wholesome beer all the while knowing its going to turn me into a woman...

Figures... they always take away everything I love... and it took this thread to have me make my first post on AM. Shamefull.
    There's an evil monkey in my closet!
  11. New Member

I love that monkey...

Nice to meet ya!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Anti-depressants and weight gain
    By custom in forum Supplements
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 06-03-2014, 04:33 PM
  2. Revamp/Reset AD and anti-cortisol
    By tnubs in forum Supplements
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-18-2011, 01:24 PM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-12-2008, 12:31 AM
  4. Cholesterol and Alcohol
    By BIGNBUFF in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-22-2003, 05:29 PM
  5. At the 1 hour mark: finish workout or avoid cortisol and stop?
    By JohnGafnea in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-13-2003, 06:46 PM