Anti-cortisol and alcohol

1. Anti-cortisol and alcohol

Would it be a good idea to take an anti-cort product after consuming alcohol?

It seems that it could counter the raise in cortisol that you get the next day, and possibly help prevent developing a "beer belly" (obviously you still get the extra calories, and other bad effects).

2. A topical would probably be the best idea because of the longer half life. Abliderate from NP would do the job nicely and it is a local carrier so you could use it direct on the belly.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

3. That's a good idea. I might try out primordial's topical soon.
    •   

4. Primordial's product is awesome. I still have Omega Sports Systematic 7 which is also very good... but I think that Dermabolics 7 Cort is the bomb for 7-keto topical. If I were you, I'd get the 8 oz 7-Cort and purchase 3 grams of b-triol powder and dissolve that into the 7-Cort, so each 5 sprays would have 100mg of 7-keto and 25 mg of b-triol.
    Freedom means nothing here.

5. Quote Originally Posted by johnyq View Post
    Would it be a good idea to take an anti-cort product after consuming alcohol?

It seems that it could counter the raise in cortisol that you get the next day, and possibly help prevent developing a "beer belly" (obviously you still get the extra calories, and other bad effects).
    The main culprit of a beer belly is the hops that are in beer because they are Estrogenic as hell. I would go with the cortisol blocker and a natural AI like Resveratrol.

6. Good point Hyde. I remember now about reading humulus lupulus causing estrogen activity. Awesome.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Force of Green View Post
    Good point Hyde. I remember now about reading humulus lupulus causing estrogen activity. Awesome.
    Awesome...NO!!! I'm going cry... to think I cant enjoy my good wholesome beer all the while knowing its going to turn me into a woman...

Figures... they always take away everything I love... and it took this thread to have me make my first post on AM. Shamefull.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Hyde12 View Post
    The main culprit of a beer belly is the hops that are in beer because they are Estrogenic as hell. I would go with the cortisol blocker and a natural AI like Resveratrol.
    I know it is a potent phyto estrogen, but where is your proof that it is necessarily estrogenic in the human male?

I mean we have been going back and forth on this with soy for a decade and there isn't overwhelming proof in either direction, and then someone posted a thread 3 months ago saying avoid ALL sources of phytoestrogens with absolutely nothing to back it up (meaning a lot of really healthy foods...I think this is insanity). It is funny to me that you recommended another phyto estrogen to combat the estrogenic quality of hops...

Hops are also a very potent antioxidant and anti-cancer, but I guess since I lift weights I'm to be more concerned with gyno than with overall health (no wait, I don't take roids/PHs, I don't think I need to worry at all...)

Also, why would estrogen cause accumulation of belly fat, a distinctly male issue.

9. Quote Originally Posted by johnyq View Post
    I know it is a potent phyto estrogen, but where is your proof that it is necessarily estrogenic in the human male?

I mean we have been going back and forth on this with soy for a decade and there isn't overwhelming proof in either direction, and then someone posted a thread 3 months ago saying avoid ALL sources of phytoestrogens with absolutely nothing to back it up (meaning a lot of really healthy foods...I think this is insanity). It is funny to me that you recommended another phyto estrogen to combat the estrogenic quality of hops...

Hops are also a very potent antioxidant and anti-cancer, but I guess since I lift weights I'm to be more concerned with gyno than with overall health (no wait, I don't take roids/PHs, I don't think I need to worry at all...)

Also, why would estrogen cause accumulation of belly fat, a distinctly male issue.
    Resveratrol is actually more closely related to a SERM, sorry about that.

http://www.swedish.org/110915.cfm

If you aren't worried about anthing then drink em up and drink one for me

10. Quote Originally Posted by Evilmonkey View Post
    Awesome...NO!!! I'm going cry... to think I cant enjoy my good wholesome beer all the while knowing its going to turn me into a woman...

Figures... they always take away everything I love... and it took this thread to have me make my first post on AM. Shamefull.
    There's an evil monkey in my closet!

11. I love that monkey...

Nice to meet ya!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Anti-depressants and weight gain
    By custom in forum Supplements
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 06-03-2014, 05:33 PM
  2. Revamp/Reset AD and anti-cortisol
    By tnubs in forum Supplements
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-18-2011, 02:24 PM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-12-2008, 01:31 AM
  4. Cholesterol and Alcohol
    By BIGNBUFF in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-22-2003, 06:29 PM
  5. At the 1 hour mark: finish workout or avoid cortisol and stop?
    By JohnGafnea in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-13-2003, 07:46 PM