Quick question about Iron and Eggs

Arek

Awards
I have heard two things:

1) Guys should not eat too many eggs
2) Guys should not take in too much iron

well i've never been told why that is. hormones? is this even true?

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
I can understand that you could OD on iron... but eggs? Eggs are the "perfect protein", boasting a 7 on the pH scale (completely nuetral). I suppose you could also get "too much eggs" if you eat the yolks of each one. With 6-8g fat in each egg, it adds up quick if you make a meal of them several times a day.

Nice quote by the way... moto 101

Edit- Check out this thread about eating 36 someodd eggs a day.... apparantly its great for bulking.
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nutrition-health/76934-has-anyone-tryed.html

Brian5225

Brian5225

Awards
  • Established
I have heard two things:

1) Yeah, I've heard that a person can OD on iron, maybe if a person is consuming huge amounts of red meat and a mulit-vitamin that has a high concentration of iron in it.

2) As for the eggs, they are perfect, but if a person was trying to get a huge amount of protein from eggs, and eating the tolks as well, that probably wouldnt be the greatest, because of the high cholesterol and fat content. But keep in mind it would take quite a few eggs to reach this point.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The fat in egg yolks contain both lecithing and AA. I have seen some threads where people are eating around 12 whole eggs a day and making tremendous gains in size and strength.

Brian5225

Brian5225

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, thats what I mean. It would take an astronomical amount to effect someone adversly. Plus, the yolks make everything taste good. mmmmm.....

richirich_99

Awards
I have heard two things:

The reason behind men getting too much iron is because too much iron in the blood will act as a free radical, and the only way to get rid of reasonable abouts of iron is by bleeding. This is why women that are still menstruating are at a higher risk for becoming iron anemic. Men should avoid taking in too much iron and if you think you take in too much iron, go donate blood, that will rid the body of some of the iron. hope this helps.

Arek

Awards
The reason behind men getting too much iron is because too much iron in the blood will act as a free radical, and the only way to get rid of reasonable abouts of iron is by bleeding. This is why women that are still menstruating are at a higher risk for becoming iron anemic. Men should avoid taking in too much iron and if you think you take in too much iron, go donate blood, that will rid the body of some of the iron. hope this helps.
thanks