Share your most favorite-est PWO carb source.

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Post your favorite PWO carb source. Preferably one that doesn't make you bloated and fat and has worked well for you. I am messing around with different fruit juices right now, (white grape etc) but I've heard that fructose isn't the most efficient at replenishing muscle glycogen stores....

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have been on a big smoothie kick lately and this is the best one so far
Frozen Pineapple
Banana
Vanilla Whey
Ice

The best part is that it sticks to my Paleo diet that I am on ATM.

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have been having such anxiety over getting it right. Im trying to absolutely perfect my diet. I do believe that liquid sources of pre and post workout meals are the easiest and most efficient to digest, Ive been using fruit juices for a bit...too soon to say how its working. Fruit is the most natural sugar there is so what could be better than that PWO??

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
Post your favorite PWO carb source. Preferably one that doesn't make you bloated and fat and has worked well for you. I am messing around with different fruit juices right now, (white grape etc) but I've heard that fructose isn't the most efficient at replenishing muscle glycogen stores....
70g WMS, 30g WPI and powdered gatorade (w/ 10g creatine and BCAA's).

I believe WMS is the fastest carb source available. Taste is a little chalky, but I've found the TrueProtein WMS with Stevia for sweetener quite good. No bloat issues whatsoever.

X

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I believe WMS is the fastest carb source available. Taste is a little chalky, but I've found the TrueProtein WMS with Stevia for sweetener quite good. No bloat issues whatsoever.

I may give WMS another go around soon. Last time I used it It seemed pretty good. despite the chalkyness...

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
Oat Flour + A banana.

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Oat Flour + A banana.
I do have a bag of oat flour sitting round because it seemed more favorable than tanking reg oats after a workout. How do you make it with the banana? do you blend it or just mix it in a bowl with water?

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
I do have a bag of oat flour sitting round because it seemed more favorable than tanking reg oats after a workout. How do you make it with the banana? do you blend it or just mix it in a bowl with water?
I put the oats + Whey in a shaker. banana on the side.

onelife

onelife

Awards
I use a small amount of frozen fruits with a whole grain source.. been working great for me!

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I like the fruit and oats thing. haiz: is the oat flour and whey really chalky and thick?

Naja

Awards
Fructose preferentially replenishes glycogen stores in the liver rather than the muscles, and is not ideal for immediate PWO use. Dextrose and maltodextrin are high-GI carb sources that are preferentially taken up by the muscles in a postworkout depletion state.

Sweet Tarts or Smarties candy, also some of the powdered forms of candy, are pure sources of maltodextrin and/or dextrose with a bit of citric acid and flavoring, and very useful PWO.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
35gr Vanilla Whey
50gr WMS
10oz OJ

That was awesome!!! Tasted like the oranejulious or whatever in the mall, you know what Im talking about? :think:
Th OJ sounds good! I do powdered gatorade because its cheaper and 'keeps' better.

I used to love Orange Julius's, back when I was younger you could have them 'add an egg' for $.25. They would crack a raw egg into your drink. I guess they don't do that now with the Salmonella scare and lawsuits and what not...

X

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Butternut Squash soup, hands down. Throw a bunch of spices in with some butternut squash (I like nutmeg, ginger, allspice) and freeze it in tupperware. Butternut squash is actually higher GI complex carbs and has a phenomenal nutritional profile. Plus if you use a hand blender to make the soup smooth, it gets into you fast.
Now don't go telling everybody my secret ;)
High in Potassium, tastes naturally super sweet. Check out the profile Nutrition Facts and Analysis for Squash, winter, butternut, raw

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Butternut Squash soup, hands down. Throw a bunch of spices in with some butternut squash (I like nutmeg, ginger, allspice) and freeze it in tupperware. Butternut squash is actually higher GI complex carbs and has a phenomenal nutritional profile. Plus if you use a hand blender to make the soup smooth, it gets into you fast.
Now don't go telling everybody my secret ;)
High in Potassium, tastes naturally super sweet. Check out the profile Nutrition Facts and Analysis for Squash, winter, butternut, raw
oooh I like this idea.....

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
I have only really experimented with dextrose, maltodextrin, and now WMS. I prefer the WMS as I have far less bloating than with dex/malto combo.

Kirkatis

Kirkatis

Awards
I use chocolate whey and whole grain oats and banana on side. and I luv it!!!