Getting bloodwork for test levels?

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am planning on getting my test levels checked, just to establish a baseline and to see where my levels are at (high, low). Should I go to my doctor or go with some of the methods via the internet. Also is there anything you should or shouldn't do before getting the bloodwork done (heavy lifting, certain supplements, etc...)

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Don't take any hormones or natural test boosters; that includes stuff like Rebound Reloaded, and ATD.

I'd go with your local doctor.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Unfortunately your local doctor is not a blood work drive thru. Unless they have reason thy are sometimes reluctant to write a script. Additionally insurance may want to see some justification as well. A full male profile can be in the upwards of $1200-1400.

www.health-tests-direct.com

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wow that expensive, I thought they were cheap. I am doing this for testing purposes also. I was going to finally find out for myself is some of the supposed test boosters (Tribulus, Testofen, LongJack, etc...) actually work, or level of there effectiveness. So I would need a baseline and then another test when the cycle is over probably within 30 days certain supplements may take longer.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A full male profile is an awful lot more than just test. Look at the link for a cheaper alternative.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I just went to my doctor and complained of low/sporadic libido, low energy, mood problems and such, and asked for a full profile and he went ahead and did one (full hormonal / metabolic panel). I told him it was an ongoing problem...so he went and took 4 vials of blood. We basically did a full physical.

Will probably work this time because he was a new doctor since I just moved to this city, not sure it will be so easy in the future though.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What needs to be tested, Free test, Total Test, LH, SHBG. Aren't those all covered when they do bloodwork for test levels?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think so, I asked for most of these though:

testosterone, total, free and weekly bound
TSH
cortisol, total
e1,e2, estradiol
t3, free
t4, free
igf1
igfbp-3
dhea sulphate
hemoglobin A1C
cbc

comprehensive metabolic panel
lipid panel

GGT (important liver value)
PSA

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I was just re-reading this thread, if you want to do a test just to see the effectiveness of some test-boosters, try this one out from ZRT labs, it's the cheapest I've seen for testing active test ($79):

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was just re-reading this thread, if you want to do a test just to see the effectiveness of some test-boosters, try this one out from ZRT labs, it's the cheapest I've seen for testing active test ($79):

Yeah, this is basically what the use is for, to see if test boost supplements actually work. I just thought I could get a similar test from a doctor for cheap since I have health insurance.