DIY esophagostomy tube

  1. DIY esophagostomy tube


    A way to get those extra calories down

    I was just talking to some family friends, one of which is a doctor and I brought up the idea of a DIY esophagostomy tube.. she didnt seem to think it was an altogether crazy idea.. just imagine you could blend your oats and tuna or whatever.. into a fine paste and crank up the pump get the whole lot down in a couple of minutes??

    Am I crazy or could this be done?


  2. I'm sure it could be done. Sounds very creative. Let us know how it goes for you and maybe we'll give it a shot

  3. Quote Originally Posted by bodysculpt View Post
    A way to get those extra calories down

    I was just talking to some family friends, one of which is a doctor and I brought up the idea of a DIY esophagostomy tube.. she didnt seem to think it was an altogether crazy idea.. just imagine you could blend your oats and tuna or whatever.. into a fine paste and crank up the pump get the whole lot down in a couple of minutes??

    Am I crazy or could this be done?
    Do you really hate tasting and chewing food that much?
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!


    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by prld2gr8ns View Post
    Do you really hate tasting and chewing food that much?
    No not at all but once youre done with all the tasting and chewing.. then you still have to get another 1000.. 2000 cals down..

    hmm im gonna have to work on loosing that gag reflex..

  5. I think that is taking bodybuilding to an unhealthy level.

  6. quite possibly, but not all of us are eating machines and struggle just to get maintenance cals down.. maybe eating the amount that some bodybuilders are capable of is a genetic trait..? there are people out there that eat more calories than i will ever, adversely putting more strain in their organs etc..

  7. Quote Originally Posted by bodysculpt View Post
    No not at all but once youre done with all the tasting and chewing.. then you still have to get another 1000.. 2000 cals down..

    hmm im gonna have to work on loosing that gag reflex..
    Focus your intake on nutrient density geared toward the macro profile your looking at and eating those cals want be a problem at all.

    Keep in mind that volume is volume. Regardless of how it enters into the stomach, stretch receptors, the mesenteric plexus and other neuron centered GI systems will still be activated leading to satiety and the "full" feeling.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!



  8. Thanks mate i will continue reading up on nutrient dense foods (that will help). as for that full feeling, i can very rarely acheive that these days, my eosophagus, chewing and general enjoyment of the food will will stop me well before i get to that full feeling.

    might not be such a problem if i had a few more tasty recipes under my belt..
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Diy- Sex Drink
    By Hollidae in forum Supplements
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-17-2008, 05:14 PM
  2. DIY- NO supp
    By Hollidae in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-19-2007, 02:23 AM
  3. Post your- DIY pre/during/postwork out drinks
    By Hollidae in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-08-2007, 11:57 PM
  4. You tube clips
    By somewhatgifted in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-24-2006, 02:15 PM
  5. Testosterone In A Tube
    By goldylight in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-19-2003, 10:49 PM
Log in
Log in