Gemma Protein as opposed to whey?

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do any of you guys know anything about this stuff? I just saw it on True Protein. Good? Bad? Why?

If you guys haven't noticed, ON raised their 10lb bag of whey from something like $56 to $80. I'm looking for new options. I've just been getting TP's whey concentrate.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I ordered 10 pounds from TP. Should be here tomorrow. I'll post up my thoughts on it after I use it for a couple of days.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm using LG's Lipotropic Protein and that's made with Gemma. The chocolate taste's amazing. It also dissolves easier than whey and so far has been easier to digest. Supposedly, it's fairly similar to whey in absorption and bioavailability.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I use the vanilla- NO BLOAT or stomach problems at all. Def a diff palate, but I would not trade it for anything, EVEN Muscle Milk!!! As the protein content is Phenomenal. 26grams per scoop makes it soo easy to get your Protein up!!!

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Here is the description from our site. I can attest that the stuff does taste awesome!!! You can see the benefits at the bottom.

A new protein is coming to town and it is something every bodybuilder is going to want to try. The secret to this new protein is something called polyphenols, which are plant extracts that are known to help increase the body’s own fat burning effect. Polyphenols can be found in many plant varieties, but some of the most potent come from tea extracts like green and black tea. These polyphenols are proven to help the body burn more fat calories per workout and to keep burning fat all day long.

Unfortunately you need to drink a lot of green tea to get the full fat burning effects or take a green tea supplement three times per day. However, a new protein source is now available that contains natural polyphenols similar to what is found in green tea and is proven in scientific literature to increase the fat burning effect in the body’s mitochondria.

This is the “holy grail” of all protein supplements, to be able to burn fat while promoting lean muscle growth and it is finally available. Lipotropic Protein is a new great tasting protein source from L-Gear that delivers on the amazing promise to build muscle while burning fat.

We all want a more toned body along with a lean mid section. Unfortunately, increasing protein and food intake was usually associated with a “bulk” phase of training because of the extra calories needed to get the optimal dose of protein. Your body isn’t good at naturally taking in extra calories and nutrient partitioning them only for muscle growth...until now!

Lipotropic Protein contains a new kind of protein that is the most advanced on the market, surpassing old whey concentrate blends in protein quality and effect on lean mass. Sativum protein is a high quality protein extract that has some serious benefits over standard whey protein extracts.

First it is extremely high in the prime muscle building components of protein, specifically the essential amino acids Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine, often called the branch chain amino acids. These anabolic muscle builders are the most important part of the protein for building muscle and Leucine is proven to be anabolic! Sativum protein is also rich in Glutamine and glutamine peptides, which are also very important for building muscle and increasing recovery.

These two groups of amino acids make Sativum protein superior to whey and casein proteins for increasing muscle mass and the fat loss benefits of the polyphenols make this protein way better than any whey blend on the market for building mass and losing body fat.

Available first in Chocolate, the Sativum protein in Lipotropic Protein will soon be available in many different flavors. If you want the very best protein on the market for increasing lean muscle and burning fat, look no further than Lipotropic Protein from L-Gear. It has the perfect nutrient profile for the serious bodybuilder that is looking to lose fat while gaining muscle. No other protein gives you the benefit of both being the most advanced amino acid profile with fat burning polyphenols!

BENEFITS OF Lipotropic PROTEIN:

* Polyphenols—burn fat by increasing mitochondria energy production
* Higher BCAA and Glutamine levels per 100g
* Lower Fat and Zero Cholesterol
* Lower Carbohydrate
* Zero Lactose means ZERO BLOAT!
* Improved Nutrient Profile
* Mixes Instantly

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow. I totally forgot I made this post a while back. I just ordered some Lipotropic protein last night and I didn't even notice it was made with Gemma! I'm stoked about this.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Wow. I totally forgot I made this post a while back. I just ordered some Lipotropic protein last night and I didn't even notice it was made with Gemma! I'm stoked about this.
Awesome! You're going to love it man! Let us know what you think!

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
x2 since I've heard mixed reviews on the taste, although there's an update coming I hear.
Posted earlier today in a thread in our section!

Ok, since we have some people that like the 13g of carbs in Syntha 6 and other proteins, we are going to do a Supreme series and a Spartan series...

Spartan: Current Flavors (improved) still near zero carbs and near zero fat

Supreme: New Choc and Vanilla with ~5-7g of carbs and under 4g of fat

Happy?

Darth Pooh

Darth Pooh

Awards
How is the mixability of the Gemma in water? I use All the Whey Lean n Fit Isolate. The stuff is awesome in terms of mixing well with water.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
I got 10 lbs of it from trueprotein, with the chocolate chip cookie dough flavor.. Just be sure you add enough liquid, it likes to be thick! Anyway, it tastes GREAT. It has a subtle sweet pea taste at the very end, which is amazing. It compliments the protein flavors very well.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
How is the mixability of the Gemma in water? I use All the Whey Lean n Fit Isolate. The stuff is awesome in terms of mixing well with water.
It is a little thicker than some proteins. It is a little thinner than MMilk Light. The mixability is awesome though. I use about 6oz of water for 2 scoops.

Darth Pooh

Darth Pooh

Awards
It is a little thicker than some proteins. It is a little thinner than MMilk Light. The mixability is awesome though. I use about 6oz of water for 2 scoops.
Holy crap sticks! One serving is two scoops?

The one thing about LG is they never list the nutritional info of their products on their website. I'd love to see macros, cals, etc...

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Holy crap sticks! One serving is two scoops?

The one thing about LG is they never list the nutritional info of their products on their website. I'd love to see macros, cals, etc...
No, one serving is one scoop. 2 scoops would be a double serving. I don't drink shakes with one scoop unless I am using it to hold me over for a meal, there is really no point IMO.

Darth Pooh

Darth Pooh

Awards
No, one serving is one scoop. 2 scoops would be a double serving. I don't drink shakes with one scoop unless I am using it to hold me over for a meal, there is really no point IMO.
I suppose, often times I will eat the protein with oats and wash it down with an egg sandwich. So it's part of my meal instead of a meal replacement. Very satisfying this way.

Do you happen to have a nutrition label on this stuff?

lilGiant

lilGiant

Awards
Scivation has a deal going on now at dpsnutrition.com 10lbs for 57 bucks. just got mine in lastngiht!

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I suppose, often times I will eat the protein with oats and wash it down with an egg sandwich. So it's part of my meal instead of a meal replacement. Very satisfying this way.

Do you happen to have a nutrition label on this stuff?
I don't use it as an MRP either lol. IE, double scoop shake and 2 cups of brown rice, maybe a banana, would be my pre WO meal, which would be a little over an hour before I work out. So it just adds to the meal instead of replacing it. Also what I usually do is when I eat breakfast, usually a bowl of total or something, and some eggs, I throw the shake in there along with it to get some fast absorbing protein since I just woke up.