Peanut Butter.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
What do you guys think is an acceptable amount of peanut butter in a day? Some say it can make you constipated. Is this true? Also how many tablespoons do you guys eat on a daily basis?

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
What do you guys think is an acceptable amount of peanut butter in a day? Some say it can make you constipated. Is this true? Also how many tablespoons do you guys eat on a daily basis?

Enough to make my macros.

For me, its usually about 2TBls in FF Cottage Cheese.

X

advanracing62

advanracing62

Awards
there is some super protein PB out there... Can't remember the name of it for the life of me. If I can get my hands on some, I'll be eating PB on a more regular basis.. right now, I don't touch the stuff.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
When bulking I have always enjoyed using peanut add extra calories, macros permitting...I have never had a problem with constipation...oh, and I have always natty pb.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
When bulking I have always enjoyed using peanut add extra calories, macros permitting...I have never had a problem with constipation...oh, and I have always natty pb.
How is the taste of natty pb compared to skippy? I too am debating on getting natty pb because of the protein benefit.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Honestly, I didn't like it at first, but now I prefer it! The TRUE natty pb has nothing more in it than peanuts and maybe some salt...I believe the brand that I buy is Smuckers...anyway, be sure to read the labes b/c there are some brands that claim to be natty, but have added sugar, palm oil, etc..

If you're a big pb fan you should check out Anabolic Innovations Whey Protein :food:...and if you find some, let me know...lol

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like most of the other natty butters too - almond + sunflower particularly. I thought the sunflower would suck, but bought it to try and will buy again.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I like most of the other natty butters too - almond + sunflower particularly. I thought the sunflower would suck, but bought it to try and will buy again.
I eat 1-2 servings of sunflower kernels a day. Just personal preference to have them in whole form rather than butter form. I love them. They help with my cal intake and healthy fats.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm going into ketosis right now, so i'm back to reviewing all my food choices again :) and the nut butters are a nice "snack" choice, just off spoon.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
How is the taste of natty pb compared to skippy? I too am debating on getting natty pb because of the protein benefit.
Stay the hell away from non-Natural PB.

Its got hydrogenated vegetable oil and trans fats, while its considered a small amount, the less you take in the better.

X

t-bone2

Awards
  • Established

Its got hydrogenated vegetable oil and trans fats, while its considered a small amount, the less you take in the better.
X
That and lots of sugar! I'd suggest moving to natural almond butter as peanuts, even the natural PB kind, are not optimal.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

X
Here are the facts for my PB I am using at the moment:

t-bone2

Awards
  • Established
Yes, but not the best choice of raw ingredients.

INGREDIENTS:
Roasted peanuts, sugar, partially hydrogenated vegetable oils (rapeseed, cottonseed and soybean) to prevent separation, salt.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
That and lots of sugar! I'd suggest moving to natural almond butter as peanuts, even the natural PB kind, are not optimal.
I love almond butter. Its a bit cost prohibitive for anything other than a change of pace.

X

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I buy food the same way I buy gas, I never really look at the price as I figure its stuff I need to have anyhow :)

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
Here are the facts for my PB I am using at the moment:

It's funny that it is a 'Reduced Fat' PB too!

I eat it FOR the fat content, the protein is just a bennie.

X

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
I buy food the same way I buy gas, I never really look at the price as I figure its stuff I need to have anyhow :)
You ever shop at Whole Foods?

:aargh:

A little tub is like $8. I can get 2 large jars of PB for that.

X

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

X
Wild Oats, similar thing, I think actually whole foods just bought em. and other all natural stores, i've bought organic raw unsalted cashews for a snack before, my wife went off cause they were like $15/lb :D I hadn't noticed

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
Wild Oats, similar thing, I think actually whole foods just bought em. and other all natural stores, i've bought organic raw unsalted cashews for a snack before, my wife went off cause they were like $15/lb :D I hadn't noticed
Yep, The buy out was approved. :sad:

I'm going back to the little independent organic markets again.

They have 'Sunflower Markets' here too, but that is really just SuperValu...

X

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
ummm, yeah. Peanut Butter makes me poop.

Ocassionally, I go crazy with a jar of skippy and a spoon. I pay for it the next day.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
The best PB comes from the health food store where you can grind it to order, just like you're grinding coffee beans fresh. Sometimes they have almond butter too! Wild Oats, Mother's Market, those type of places. I've even found it at a Food 4 Less once!

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The best PB comes from the health food store where you can grind it to order, just like you're grinding coffee beans fresh. Sometimes they have almond butter too! Wild Oats, Mother's Market, those type of places. I've even found it at a Food 4 Less once!
Oh yeah DAYUM! I forgot about that. I will have to hit up WF this weekend. Need to go there anyway. Yeah all of it is rather expensive for what we are trying to accomplish. As it isn't expensive enough already. I make really good $ and I tried to get the gov to put me on food stamps! DECLINED! lol. You have to ask yourself is it really worth the extra 5-8 bucks for one lil jar of PB. Power PB seems to be worth the $ though, as it's protein content is like 20g or something...

edwards

edwards

Awards
  • Established
During my cycle I was eating 3 tblspoons (300 calories) a day of Omega-3 Peanut butter. I've cut back to 1 tblspoon a day now. Never had constipation problems.

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
word to wise just my thoughts

skippy and any others like it = great

natural = ok

organic = disgusting !

beallio

beallio

Awards

X
I suggest Costco or Trader Joes if you have them where you live.

I can pick up a 1lb jar at traders joes for under $2.

I can pick up a 2lb jar almond butter at costco ~$8.

beallio

beallio

Awards
there is some super protein PB out there... Can't remember the name of it for the life of me. If I can get my hands on some, I'll be eating PB on a more regular basis.. right now, I don't touch the stuff.
I recommend powerbutter. Pretty good stuff, though higher card count than traditional PB due to the added honey.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Shop-Rite natty PB is my fav. Cheaper than the others and IMHO tastes better also. No pantry should be without, unless you are allergic.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I have always thought about adding whey to my PB. Could be interesting. Dump it out on a cutting board and sprinkle/mix it in until thoroughly mixed.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i eat alot of peanut butter,pb crackers,and peanuts..(im eating them right now actually..lol) pb crackers are one of my cheat foods that i love,i eat them often.Lately i have been eating alot of pb sandwitches before bed trying to put on some weight...so to recap eat pb :hammer:

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
I have always thought about adding whey to my PB. Could be interesting. Dump it out on a cutting board and sprinkle/mix it in until thoroughly mixed.

Dude, that sounds so gross.

Unless of course it was chocolate whey. Then it might not be ~too~ bad, but then again, I don't like chocolate, so it still sounds sorta nasty.

X

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I keep thinking of adding it to cottage cheese just for taste but still haven't

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
I keep thinking of adding it to cottage cheese just for taste but still haven't

PB and FF CC is the bomb.

I don't suggest 4% CC and PB though, Its way too salty tasting.

X

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
2 tbsp ed of Teddie's All Natural unsalted peanut butter.
Contains 8g of protein per serving.

Ingredient list reads as follows:
Roasted Peanuts

I have used an elimination diet with this pb and noticed little to no change in digestion with or without it at this amount.

Thats the brand I eat. Its good stuff. I get the "chunky" kind. It is very good in ON 100% Casein Vanilla. Not so good in chocolate whey. 1 Serving is 2 Tbsp of PB, mix that in with 2 scoops of On 100% Casien in 8 Ounces of Calorie Countown Milk, and blend it up and add a little water at a time while the blender is going till it mixes smoothly and to your desired consistancy. Too thin and you won't get a lot of peanut butter taste though. If the blender gets stuck at first you may have to scrape it down and break up the protein sludge with a plastic spatula....

jaymdubbs

jaymdubbs

Awards
i usually only intend on having 2 tsps, but 2 turns into 4, 4 turns into 8, etc etc.

before i know it, i am half a jar in in one sitting. oops. then i have to play with my macros all day to adjust for it.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Dude, that sounds so gross.

Unless of course it was chocolate whey. Then it might not be ~too~ bad, but then again, I don't like chocolate, so it still sounds sorta nasty.

X
You ever heard of unflavored whey? The stuff is decent in smoothies!

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This thread makes me hungry.

*unsubbed*

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm sure he's still subbed, waiting for the next exciting recipe

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Purchase regular creamy PB, natty, or skippy reduced fat..Add in 1 serving crushed almonds. I did this tonight...It was the S***! It added roughly 150 more cals to my sammich I ate! Also thought about mixing oats with PB and eating it on a sammich...I do not like oatmeal by itself cooked...call me weird lol.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
...I do not like oatmeal by itself cooked...call me weird lol.
bro i can only eat it dry mixed in my cereal...so i cant taste it.....

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
bro i can only eat it dry mixed in my cereal...so i cant taste it.....
what i've taken to doing with oatmeal is adding sugar free maple syrup, and sliced bananas. that sh!t is bananas.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
what i've taken to doing with oatmeal is adding sugar free maple syrup, and sliced bananas. that sh!t is bananas.
2 cups oatmeal
3/4 cup frozen organic blueberries
enough water to cover oats and blueberries

cooked for 3 mins in the microwave

Stir in one scoop of Biotest's Metabolic Drive - Strawberry

:thumbsup:

People at work have to come down the hall to find out what I am eating it smells (and tastes) so good. When they realize its 'just' oatmeal, they can't believe it.

X

sp33dkillz

sp33dkillz

Awards
I buy the skippy natural. I used to get the smuckers, but I really prefer the taste of skippy. It has added sugar, but no hydrogenated oils.

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
oatmeal has no taste you weirdos lol tripdoggy :)