- 09-26-2007, 04:58 PM
"Cashews are delicous but useless."
CALORIES: 584 cal/100g (146 cal per handful)
BENEFITS: Rich in iron, containing twice the amount of most other nuts. Just 50g (25 cashews) provides 3mg of the 11mg needed each day by women.
Cashews are also rich in zinc, essential for a robust immune system and healthy skin, and vital for fertility in both men and women (25 nuts provide a third of our daily 9mg zinc needs).
They also contain magnesium and copper which help prevent heart disease and promote strong bones. The high magnesium content could also help reduce the risk of colon cancer.
DISADVANTAGES: Too many can be fattening, particularly if eaten as part of a Chinese or Indian takeaway where the cooking oil and sugar content will outweigh any healthy benefit. "
Here is the thread that has a great breakdown on all the nuts
Almonds Boost Your Bones And Cashews Make You Fertile
Good read !
Similar Forum Threads
- By Whacked in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 7Last Post: 12-01-2012, 08:03 AM
- By niners4reggie in forum Supplement LogsReplies: 5Last Post: 11-26-2012, 10:21 PM
- By FW Friedel in forum Company PromotionsReplies: 293Last Post: 02-17-2012, 12:18 PM
- By FW Friedel in forum Company PromotionsReplies: 81Last Post: 02-13-2012, 10:02 AM
- By wiliams1110 in forum SupplementsReplies: 14Last Post: 01-20-2012, 09:32 AM