Charles Poliquin - AnabolicMinds.com

Charles Poliquin

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.

Charles Poliquin

I've been reading up a little on Charles Poliquin's theories, specifically his thoughts on mega dosing fish oils, and I wonder if anyone on this board can share some insights about mega-dosing on fish oils. Over a period of time, did you make any gains? What was the outcome of doing so?

Also, did you supplement with liquid fish oil or capsules?
    On a scale of 1-10, rate the legitimacy of this fish oil theory...

2. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by beebab View Post
    I've been reading up a little on Charles Poliquin's theories, specifically his thoughts on mega dosing fish oils, and I wonder if anyone on this board can share some insights about mega-dosing on fish oils. Over a period of time, did you make any gains? What was the outcome of doing so?

On gvt with leviathan + incarnate and 30g + of fish oils a day i gained 8lbs in 10 days. nothing hormonal. I started doing the massive fish oils the last week of august, but between travelleing for work 2 weeks since then, I haven't been able to keep my diet where it should be or workouts, so the fact that i'm at 208 today from 198 then is pretty impressive on fish oil alone (and keeping bf)
    User: EasyELJ
    -copied and pasted from a previous convo.
  3. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I'm at 12lbs at 15 days now damn oily hair tho, starting to get some acne too. Seems kooky to me too, conceptually. I am waiting to see how well it works during more of a recomp to cutting cycle, right now I am taking in as much clean relatively lowfat calories as my stomach will handle. Should be flipping to under maintenance cals next week
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.

EasyEJL, thats good **** right there bro. How would you define that weight gain though? Lean mass? are you any stronger? bigger mass wise? Also, what other supplements are you taking if any? I've been taking 30 grams now for over a week and I haven't really gained anything. But I'm doing capsules, not liquid like you are I think. You think there's any significant benefit to using liquid over capsules or no?

You also seem to be responding extremely well to GVT. Any chance you can PM me with specifics of your workout program?
  5. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Its all lean mass. I can't say I'm much bigger, but I am leaning out in the process. like on the inside of my left wrist, when I started there were only 3 veins visible, but now a 4th is starting to show. Not a huge change in bf %, but a litte bit downwards is nice.

Not much strength gain, but with gvt its a little hard to tell, I feel so ragged out I'm just following the beginner track on this

http://www.strengthcats.com/CP-GVT.html

for now
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  226 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by beebab View Post

I used 14gr epa and 7gr dha per day, which totalled about 30gr fish oil, for 60 days once. Now Ultra Omega 3. Worked great at killing joint pain. I was more on a maintenance type diet during that time and maybe lost about 5 lbs. My joints were absolutely awful during that time and it worked wonderful for killing the inflammation. So.....I dont know if I would say it's a terrific "fat burner". Controlling insulin is your best route to fat loss IMO
  7. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation

Its strange that your not much bigger. 12lbs of lean mass is quite a diffrence. Although it is possible you don't notice it. When I'm on and grow fast I see the scale go up and don't think I look much bigger but my freinds will be like wtf?lol
  8. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jstrong20 View Post
    Its strange that your not much bigger. 12lbs of lean mass is quite a diffrence. Although it is possible you don't notice it. When I'm on and grow fast I see the scale go up and don't think I look much bigger but my freinds will be like wtf?lol
    I think i still have enough bodyfat (around 15%ish) that its not quite as obvious. My biceps seem bigger to me, and I think my thighs. I need to find the measuring tape again
    This space for rent

9. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    I think i still have enough bodyfat (around 15%ish) that its not quite as obvious. My biceps seem bigger to me, and I think my thighs. I need to find the measuring tape again
    I bet you'll be surprised. Like I said I never notice myself growing but other people always notice it first. I bet you put about 1/2'' on the arms.

Similar Forum Threads

1. What do people think of Charle's Poliquin's view on IF
    By saggy321 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-17-2013, 02:42 PM
  2. Charles Poliquin Fat loss seminar
    By Future in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 12-02-2012, 01:09 AM
  3. Gr-Easy EJL's fish oil megadosing ala Charles Poliquin thread
    By EasyEJL in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 513
    Last Post: 10-13-2009, 06:51 AM
  4. HELP! German Volume Training as introduce by Charles Poliquin?
    By AndreAnabolic in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-05-2009, 06:41 AM
  5. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-04-2007, 09:18 AM