Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by BIGGUNZ401 View Post
    can you mega dose the fish oil while cutting????or is it just bulking>>>>>?????????
    Its theoretically good for either. In general anything that encourages anabolic activity is, with the steroids its the androgenic side that makes things more of a bulker than a cutter.

As far as fish oil in fish, this is a pretty good list of DHA / EPA levels

http://www.health.gov/dietaryguideli...e_g2_adda2.htm

doesn't show total fats. An 8oz salmon fillet has around the DHA as I am taking

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.46%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by prld2gr8ns View Post
    I shoot for 4gr/day in addition to some added flax cereal.

Easy watch those anti-inflammatory properties man, a tiny cut will bleed forever with that dose range.
    Damn. I love this guy.
    Freedom means nothing here.
  3. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.41%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by greenwing7 View Post
    how much fish oil is in fish?
    Oily fish, such as salmon, mackerel, and swordfish, have a good dose per serving (10-20g). Unfortunately, those ARE the chief culprits when it comes to unhealthy amounts of mercury (salmon is actually fine; I haven't heard of any unsafe merc levels in salmon or salmon oil).

They say to eat mackerel and swordfish only a couple times a week max to avoid potential probs with toxicity.

I did learn that standard fish oil used in caps and liqud fish oil supps is made primarily of anchovies and sardines. That suggests that it shouldn't be a problem with the mercury thing.

Personally, I'd still stand by the idea of a combo of flax and fish oil to get the omegas covered. Fish oil is a must supp, though.
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.32%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

This smells like the whole bodybuilder, "more is better" thing. I take 25g a day. I thought that was high enough.
  5. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.41%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    This smells like the whole bodybuilder, "more is better" thing. I take 25g a day. I thought that was high enough.

I wanna find out more about the Vitamin A issue before I take even that much...
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.38%

i tried taking a few pills a day and started burping up fish oil. it was NASTY. i'm super reluctant to do it again. something about tasting sardines all day makes me gag.
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.89%

Quote Originally Posted by edwards View Post
    i tried taking a few pills a day and started burping up fish oil. it was NASTY. i'm super reluctant to do it again. something about tasting sardines all day makes me gag.
    I had the same problem, but after about a week the fish oil burps subsided
  8. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.32%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

The burps make me feel manly.
  9. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

the burps are way cooler with lemon lime flavored oil. sorta like a built in breath freshener
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.46%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

I've been jackin up my dose on Omega 3s... Getting 30 grams a day just from the supps and I eat a good amount of seafood.
    Freedom means nothing here.
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.33%

Why is everyone taking such high doses of fish oil?ADA and WHO recommendations are made for a reason. These organizations have made recommendations based on scientific research, reviews of past and present research, and recommendations for further necessary research on this topic. Some of you seem to take the word of one self proclaimed guru. I admit to not really knowing anything about Charles, his education background, training principles or otherwise. I do know that there is a wealth of information to be found in Peer reviewed journals whose contents I would be much more willing to believe and trust than the contents of book written to sell. For what its worth, I would seek out more than one source of information before I put an excess of anything in my body. You only get one afterall....
  12. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%

Quote Originally Posted by Birdsizzle View Post
    Why is everyone taking such high doses of fish oil?ADA and WHO recommendations are made for a reason. These organizations have made recommendations based on scientific research, reviews of past and present research, and recommendations for further necessary research on this topic. Some of you seem to take the word of one self proclaimed guru. I admit to not really knowing anything about Charles, his education background, training principles or otherwise. I do know that there is a wealth of information to be found in Peer reviewed journals whose contents I would be much more willing to believe and trust than the contents of book written to sell. For what its worth, I would seek out more than one source of information before I put an excess of anything in my body. You only get one afterall....
    Then pretty much that would mean not taking any supplements at all... For me at least, this is a short term experiment, not a life change. The other thing to remember is that those long term large peer reviewed studies only get done at great cost. With something as prevalent and relatively inexpensive as fish oil, who would pay the $50,000 - 100,000 to do a test? with it not being a patentable product, there is no one who stands to gain from funding such a project.
  13. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.39%

And those dosages are for regular people. People on theres boards aint regular!:hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot:
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.73%

Buy the enteric coated ones.

Personally I've done about 5 grams a day and I would wake up so early in the morning and would be wide awake. It inflamed my stomach.
  15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.09%

That's because you're using an inexpensive brand. Better quality, pharmaceutical grade oils (Nordic Naturals, NutraSea, Carlson Labs) don't taste fishy.
  16. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.57%

Quote Originally Posted by milwood View Post
    Fish oil is good and bad news. 19g/day is too much IMO because A) there is the possibility of getting mercury in some fish oil, as there is with oily fish (mackerel, swordfish). Also, you get too high a dose of Vitamin A, which is NOT water soluble, and thus can build to dagerous levels (Like Vitamin E, it doesn't wash out of your system like most other vitamins). A better bet would be 2-5g of Fish oil and a tablespoon (or more) of Flax, Borage, or Evening Primrose oil.

Are you sure this is accurate? I was under the impression that fish liver oils contained vitamin A, but not fish body oils which is what most standard "fish oil" do not.
  17. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%

Mine does not state any vitamin a content on its label (body oil)
  18. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.09%

Quote Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
    Are you sure this is accurate? I was under the impression that fish liver oils contained vitamin A, but not fish body oils which is what most standard "fish oil" do not.
    Only liver oil and other liver products contain Vitamin A
  19. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.46%

so fish oil is different/better than flax oil????

i need more...should get fish oil i guess..

phats

hows this
    [
  20. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%

not supposed to link to other stores besides nutraplanet, but the Udos is supposed to be nice stuff.
  21. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.46%

SORRY, EDITED..

thanks for the reply....SO THE UDOS WOULD BE MORE BENEFITIAL THAN REG FLAX OIL??

PHATS
  22. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%

I've never tried it, but i've heard other people say good things about it. this is all fairly uncharted or at least undercharted territory It is nice that its an omega 3/6/9 combo
  23. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.31%

i had picked up a bottle of GNC's "Double Strength Fish Body Oil"....

It contains 360mg of EPA and 240mg of DHA per capsule.... I am not trying to go extreme with the oils... i merely would like to determine how much is necessary for a average bodybuilder.

I have read article after article about MEGA dosing and article after article about fish oil for people who are NOT working out...

So for someone, such as myself.. who is an avid gym-o-holic... and who tries to maintain a healthy, Pro-Anabolic state in my body... and i'm trying to add LEAN mass... WHAT WOULD THE CONCENSUS HERE SAY IS THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF EFA's/DHA's ONE SHOULD TAKE!?

And i assume its best to split up whatever dosage we determine in equal portions throughout the day....?

I appreciate the feedback...

Similar Forum Threads

1. How many grams of fish oil do you have a day?
    By harlan100 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 06-13-2009, 02:58 AM
  2. how much fish oil should I take?
    By elliotuk in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-28-2009, 04:17 PM
  3. how much fish oil, do u take daily?
    By Brolic in forum Bulking
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-22-2008, 04:32 PM
  4. What fish oil do you use?
    By vision in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-15-2007, 02:54 AM
  5. How much Toremifene Citrate do I need.
    By chainsaw in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-31-2007, 03:01 AM