how much fish oil do you need daily??

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by drewh10987 View Post
    Hey E, how long are you planning on megadosing the fish oils? I'm very interested in learning more about this idea. Also, do you have a link to where I can read more about this? Those are some ridiculous gains, keep up the good work.
    you kind of have to search around, but here is one piece on his site

    http://www.charlespoliquin.com/membe...rticle&sid=291

    I think i'll do it at this ridiculous rate 4-6 weeks, then drop to 12-15g/day. He recommends that somewhere else too. I'll probably only stay at that another 4-6 weeks, then go a month with no added fish oils.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    you kind of have to search around, but here is one piece on his site

    http://www.charlespoliquin.com/membe...rticle&sid=291

    I think i'll do it at this ridiculous rate 4-6 weeks, then drop to 12-15g/day. He recommends that somewhere else too. I'll probably only stay at that another 4-6 weeks, then go a month with no added fish oils.
    Thanks for the link. I am seriously considering trying this soon.
    •   
       


  3. 40g?!!! Thats 40 pills! I take 3 g, anymore and I would have to buy 2 bottles a month

  4. Quote Originally Posted by ITHURTZ View Post
    40g?!!! Thats 40 pills! I take 3 g, anymore and I would have to buy 2 bottles a month
    yeah, just about needs to be liquid to be economical.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by ITHURTZ View Post
    40g?!!! Thats 40 pills! I take 3 g, anymore and I would have to buy 2 bottles a month
    http://customnutritionwarehouse.com/...lex-p-177.html

    Makes it a little easier.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!


    •   
       


  6. haha **** thats 10 bottles in 1

  7. can you mega dose the fish oil while cutting????or is it just bulking>>>>>?????????

  8. Quote Originally Posted by ITHURTZ View Post
    40g?!!! Thats 40 pills! I take 3 g, anymore and I would have to buy 2 bottles a month
    No you wouldn't not when you can buy 1000 caps from CNW for $27.99 you wouldn't!!!

    Fish Oil Complex [1000 Capsule] - $27.99


    Much Love,

    Neoborn

    *Edit* Prld beat me to it

  9. Have you noticed any significant improvement with recovery and strength gains?

  10. how much fish oil is in fish?

  11. Quote Originally Posted by BIGGUNZ401 View Post
    can you mega dose the fish oil while cutting????or is it just bulking>>>>>?????????
    Its theoretically good for either. In general anything that encourages anabolic activity is, with the steroids its the androgenic side that makes things more of a bulker than a cutter.


    As far as fish oil in fish, this is a pretty good list of DHA / EPA levels

    http://www.health.gov/dietaryguideli...e_g2_adda2.htm

    doesn't show total fats. An 8oz salmon fillet has around the DHA as I am taking

  12. Quote Originally Posted by prld2gr8ns View Post
    I shoot for 4gr/day in addition to some added flax cereal.

    Easy watch those anti-inflammatory properties man, a tiny cut will bleed forever with that dose range.
    Damn. I love this guy.
    Freedom means nothing here.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by greenwing7 View Post
    how much fish oil is in fish?
    Oily fish, such as salmon, mackerel, and swordfish, have a good dose per serving (10-20g). Unfortunately, those ARE the chief culprits when it comes to unhealthy amounts of mercury (salmon is actually fine; I haven't heard of any unsafe merc levels in salmon or salmon oil).

    They say to eat mackerel and swordfish only a couple times a week max to avoid potential probs with toxicity.

    I did learn that standard fish oil used in caps and liqud fish oil supps is made primarily of anchovies and sardines. That suggests that it shouldn't be a problem with the mercury thing.

    Personally, I'd still stand by the idea of a combo of flax and fish oil to get the omegas covered. Fish oil is a must supp, though.

  14. This smells like the whole bodybuilder, "more is better" thing. I take 25g a day. I thought that was high enough.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    This smells like the whole bodybuilder, "more is better" thing. I take 25g a day. I thought that was high enough.

    I wanna find out more about the Vitamin A issue before I take even that much...

  16. i tried taking a few pills a day and started burping up fish oil. it was NASTY. i'm super reluctant to do it again. something about tasting sardines all day makes me gag.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by edwards View Post
    i tried taking a few pills a day and started burping up fish oil. it was NASTY. i'm super reluctant to do it again. something about tasting sardines all day makes me gag.
    I had the same problem, but after about a week the fish oil burps subsided

  18. Quote Originally Posted by edwards View Post
    i tried taking a few pills a day and started burping up fish oil. it was NASTY. i'm super reluctant to do it again. something about tasting sardines all day makes me gag.
    The burps make me feel manly.

  19. the burps are way cooler with lemon lime flavored oil. sorta like a built in breath freshener

  20. I've been jackin up my dose on Omega 3s... Getting 30 grams a day just from the supps and I eat a good amount of seafood.
    Freedom means nothing here.

  21. Why is everyone taking such high doses of fish oil?ADA and WHO recommendations are made for a reason. These organizations have made recommendations based on scientific research, reviews of past and present research, and recommendations for further necessary research on this topic. Some of you seem to take the word of one self proclaimed guru. I admit to not really knowing anything about Charles, his education background, training principles or otherwise. I do know that there is a wealth of information to be found in Peer reviewed journals whose contents I would be much more willing to believe and trust than the contents of book written to sell. For what its worth, I would seek out more than one source of information before I put an excess of anything in my body. You only get one afterall....

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Birdsizzle View Post
    Why is everyone taking such high doses of fish oil?ADA and WHO recommendations are made for a reason. These organizations have made recommendations based on scientific research, reviews of past and present research, and recommendations for further necessary research on this topic. Some of you seem to take the word of one self proclaimed guru. I admit to not really knowing anything about Charles, his education background, training principles or otherwise. I do know that there is a wealth of information to be found in Peer reviewed journals whose contents I would be much more willing to believe and trust than the contents of book written to sell. For what its worth, I would seek out more than one source of information before I put an excess of anything in my body. You only get one afterall....
    Then pretty much that would mean not taking any supplements at all... For me at least, this is a short term experiment, not a life change. The other thing to remember is that those long term large peer reviewed studies only get done at great cost. With something as prevalent and relatively inexpensive as fish oil, who would pay the $50,000 - 100,000 to do a test? with it not being a patentable product, there is no one who stands to gain from funding such a project.

  23. And those dosages are for regular people. People on theres boards aint regular!:hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot:

  24. Quote Originally Posted by edwards View Post
    i tried taking a few pills a day and started burping up fish oil. it was NASTY. i'm super reluctant to do it again. something about tasting sardines all day makes me gag.
    Buy the enteric coated ones.

    Personally I've done about 5 grams a day and I would wake up so early in the morning and would be wide awake. It inflamed my stomach.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by edwards View Post
    i tried taking a few pills a day and started burping up fish oil. it was NASTY. i'm super reluctant to do it again. something about tasting sardines all day makes me gag.
    That's because you're using an inexpensive brand. Better quality, pharmaceutical grade oils (Nordic Naturals, NutraSea, Carlson Labs) don't taste fishy.

  26. Quote Originally Posted by milwood View Post
    Fish oil is good and bad news. 19g/day is too much IMO because A) there is the possibility of getting mercury in some fish oil, as there is with oily fish (mackerel, swordfish). Also, you get too high a dose of Vitamin A, which is NOT water soluble, and thus can build to dagerous levels (Like Vitamin E, it doesn't wash out of your system like most other vitamins). A better bet would be 2-5g of Fish oil and a tablespoon (or more) of Flax, Borage, or Evening Primrose oil.

    Are you sure this is accurate? I was under the impression that fish liver oils contained vitamin A, but not fish body oils which is what most standard "fish oil" do not.

  27. Mine does not state any vitamin a content on its label (body oil)

  28. Quote Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
    Are you sure this is accurate? I was under the impression that fish liver oils contained vitamin A, but not fish body oils which is what most standard "fish oil" do not.
    Only liver oil and other liver products contain Vitamin A

  29. so fish oil is different/better than flax oil????

    i need more...should get fish oil i guess..

    phats

    hows this
    [

  30. not supposed to link to other stores besides nutraplanet, but the Udos is supposed to be nice stuff.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. How many grams of fish oil do you have a day?
    By harlan100 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 06-13-2009, 02:58 AM
  2. how much fish oil should I take?
    By elliotuk in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-28-2009, 04:17 PM
  3. how much fish oil, do u take daily?
    By Brolic in forum Bulking
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-22-2008, 04:32 PM
  4. What fish oil do you use?
    By vision in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-15-2007, 02:54 AM
  5. How much Toremifene Citrate do I need.
    By chainsaw in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-31-2007, 03:01 AM
Log in
Log in