Critique the **** outta this!

srx600

srx600

Awards
  • Established
I revamp my diet every few months when I make a major transition (aka moving from home to college or the opposite). So could you please give me some quick feedback on the diet as far as content and timing...thanks. I am 6"0 180lbs and bulking. I am all natural and this meal plan yields 2900-3000 cals= 300g carbs 250g protein 70g fat. Do the macros seem ok? Too much Protein?

Meal 1
1 cup oats
6 egg whites
.5 scoop whey
10 almonds

Meal 2

1.25 cups brown rice
5 almonds
5oz chicken (uncooked)

Meal 3
MHP UP YOUR MASS MRP

Meal 4
Same as Meal 2 and add 1/4 cup more brown rice.

Meal 5 Postworkout
35g drextrose/creatine
25g Protein

Meal 6
Same as meal 2

Meal 7 Bed
1/2 cup ff cottage cheese
or 1 scoop muscle milk

****Note: Weekly I will switch the meat and carbs sources of my primary meals. Ex: Beef instead of chicken and Quinoa or wheat pasta instad of brown rice. I am trying to make most of my protein sources whole, but I hate using close to a dozen eggs every morning for the whites and would rather have a little whey in the morning (workin on it though). The muscle milk is occasional, but I use it when I get the urge lol. I wish I could do a meal all the time rather than the MRP but I have exactly 5 min to get from one class to the next and a complete meal is just not possible. Please add any comment or suggestion....I would really appreciate it.

srx600

srx600

Awards
  • Established
fruits and veggies

Sorry about that, I forgot to add that I often have 1/2 to 1 cup green beans with my whole food meals and I throw some blueberries in my oats in the morning. Anything else?

Rumpnuts

Rumpnuts

Awards
I would go with more protein. 2g per body pound. And if your a hard gainer like I am you will need lots more good fats like olive oil(workds good in shakes), flax, ect. lower your carbs alittle and raise your protein and fats. Every one is different so you'll just have to go by trial and error for what kind of P/C/F ratio works for you, but the way I outlined works well for me.

srx600

srx600

Awards
  • Established
?

I have a hard time putting on quality mass when I bulk. I seem to easily gain fat and be a hardgainer musclewise (small frame+easy fat storage). I always though you only needed 1g per lb of protein...I am pushing 1.5g and I am not on any anabolics. Maybe fats could go up though, I save them for later in the day.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 10
dapack Powerlifting/Strongman 7
Anabolics 27
-MVP- Training Forum 5
Weight Loss 2