10 Day Neera Super Cleanse Detox - Mind & Body

U of R Man

Awards
Alright guys, its been a while since I started a thread, but here it goes. I couldn't find anything else on AM of people who have used any detox program, so I figured I would post my log and results. Here we go:

I will be doing a ten day detox using the Neera Super Cleanse System. (Magic Cleanse, Lemon Detox Diet, all are similar names if you want to google them). These cleansings all involve more or less the same ideas, so for arguments sake, I will reference the Neera System. This idea of maple syrup, lemon juice, and cayenne has been around and used for over 50 years, so it's hardly a "fad". It has been popularized as a crash hollywood diet recently, but this is not my intended use of the program.

Some Background about me:
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 205 lbs.
BF %: 13.5 as of September 1st

Training History: I have been lifting since I was 16, and I have been training seriously (focus on nutrition, supps, etc.) since I was 18. I have had some setbacks along the way including a shredded knee and torn rotator cuff in the past years.

Also, it should be noted, I have used both PH's and AAS in the past, and my goal is to "restore" balance to my body and mind. (Improved kidney, liver, and circulatory function are all documented benefits of this detox, a good thing for those of us who have used Oral PH's and AAS)

Other Reasons for Detox:

So pretty much, for the last several years, I have really begun to feel wear and tear on my body caused by 15 years of contact sports (football) and a half decade of serious lifting. Both my body and mind feel a bit worn down at the moment (I have a tendency to get seasonal depression as is, so this time of year is usually a tough time for me anyway). This detox is going to be done for MENTAL cleansing just as much as PHYSICAL. I can not stress this enough, I AM NOT using this as a crash diet or means of weight loss. Make no mistake, weight loss will occur, but that is not my intended goal, nor do I believe this system to be a viable means for long term weight loss.

This is going to be designed as a "spring cleaning" of my mind and body. I hope my results are as good as others I have read.

What Is in It?

This detox involves drinking a mixture of maple syrup, fresh lemon juice, cayenne pepper, and water. Nothing else is to be consumed during this fast. You can find more about the drink here. No coffee, juice, fruit, vegetables, nothing is to be consumed. The lone exception is unsweetened green tea or peppermint tea (these help with the removal of toxins) as well as an herbal laxative tea to be drank at bedtime (there is no fiber or anything else to assist in bowel movements, so the laxative is used to help...more on this later).

The other part of this detox consists of drinking a "Salt Water Shake" first thing in the morning as a sort of natural enema flush to assist in cleansing the system of the newly released toxins. All of the removed toxins sitting in your small intestine and colon are supposedly washed with the salt water flush, leaving your insides clean and uncontaminated. (Note: I am using fine sea salt, about 2 teaspoons in a quart of warm water first thing in the morning)

Implementation:

I will be mixing about 32 ounces of the drink in a water bottle to bring with me to work.

Another 32 ounces will be consumed around workout time (start drinking it before the workout, then sip all the way through, finishing it at some point at the end of the workout).

A more dilluted solution will be consumed post workout and into the evening.

The herbal laxative tea will be consumed aproximately 30 minutes before bed.

Again, the salt water flush will be first thing in the morning.

Goals:

I hope people here find this log interesting if nothing else. I have never done a detox before, but a very good friend recently did this for 5 days and said he felt rejuvinated from it. The more I read about the cleanse, the more I realized that the biggest benefits usually happen b/w days 7 and 10. Therefore, this will be b/w 9 and 10 days depending on how I feel.

Also, I will not be taking any other supplements, vitamins, etc. throughout this cleansing. My training will obviously be much less intense, but I will still try to maintain my workout regimen to the best of my ability.

Please feel free to add your own ideas, suggestions to this thread if you have any experience. Hope it goes well guys, and thanks if you read this whole thing, I know it's long winded :thumbsup: .

U of R Man

Awards
Day 1

I wanted to add, the willpower involved in doing this is also something of a goal of mine. I want to prove to myself that I still have the dedication to my body and wellbeing (especially now with a 9 to 5). So anyway, onto day 1:

I mixed 5 tablespoons of grade b (darker the better) maple syrup, along with the juice from 1 1/2 fresh squeezed lemons, a pinch of cayenne, and 32 oz. of water (room temperature) in a bottle and brought it to work with me.

Since I normally eat oatmeal and some lean protein every morning, by 10:00 a.m. serious hunger had set in. I started drinking some of the "lemonade" and to my surprise, much of my hunger diminished.

11:00 a.m. I was seriously hungry again. I drank 2 large 16 oz. glasses of water as well as ~ 8 oz. of the lemonade. Again, hunger squashed for now.

12:30 p.m. It's normally lunch time for me right now, so instead of hanging out at the office watching people get lunch I went for a walk around Wall Street (where I work) for about 20 minutes and brought the water bottle with me.

1:00 p.m. I'm back at my desk feeling some strange senses of what can only be described as euphoria and calm mixed with a lack of energy. I drank some peppermint tea for lunch and it was extremely soothing and helped cut some of the hunger.

3:00 p.m. I finished the last of the water bottle (all 32 oz.) as well as more water and some green tea.

Right now it's 4:15 and I feel very good. I am tired, with a bit of a very light headache (feels like the last 30 minutes of a hangover), but I am as calm and relaxed as I've been in a very long time (probably a combination of being tired and drinking tea). The hunger that was there this morning has definitely diminished, and I'm excited to get home to make some more of the drink.

I was most concerned with having to be at work while doing this, but it wasn't too bad for day 1. I've heard that day 2 and 3 are the toughest, so tomorrow will be a new challenge. I'll be leaving here soon, hopefully at the gym by 6:00 p.m.

I'll update tonight before bed...

RockyD

Awards
Good Luck!

I did the "Lemonade Cleanse" about 3 months ago. Good choice.

Just a little warning..the first (2) days are going to be bad on you.
But by the third day you will start to feel better and actually forget about food. Just remember to do the morning sea salt flush when you know a bathroom is nearby! I did one before I left for work and got stuck in traffic! :blink: I just made it.

Hint: You might want to use cayenne pepper capsules with the drink instead of mixing it in.
Also..I drank a 16 oz. glass every 1 1/2 hours. 32 oz. for the workday is not enough.
Let us know how it goes.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
cool

U of R Man

Awards
Summary of Day 1

A recap of last night:

I trained from 7:00 p.m. until 8:15 p.m. last evening. It was back day. The beginning of my workout was awful, no energy, no motivation, no desire to be in the gym, etc. It pretty much felt like a real bad PC crash.

Midway through my workout though, a strange sense of calm and happiness came over me, and I was enjoying my workout. I was able to lower the weights and really concentrate on form and posture throughout the lifts. My training session felt like a mix between lifting and meditation, pretty cool stuff.

I kept weights about 25 % lighter on lat pulldown (and most other exercises) and got an amazing pump (all things considered) at about the 12 - 15 rep range for most exercises. I ended up doing about 12 working sets (less than the 15 - 18 I would normally do on back day). I also biked for about 10 minutes before my knee started firing up.

I went home with a real sense of happiness and accomplishment. No hunger really, and I drank another 32 oz. of the drink before ---> during the workout, followed up with another 32 oz. of plain water after that.

Upon arriving home, I mixed up one more batch of the drink and sipped it for about an hour. At about 10:30, I made some herbal laxative tea (actually tasted good and soothing) and drank it for about 30 minutes.

The worst part of the day, as far as hunger goes, was definitely mid morning (when I would have normally eaten some breakfast), as well as immediately before working out (usual protein shake time).

All in all, the end of day 1 wasn't too bad. I was happy, not very hungry, and no real headaches or anything else to report as of yet. One point to note, I wasn't sweating as much at the gym as I normally would, but that could be attributed to a lot of things (i.e. lower intensity, more focused breathing, as well as probably not being hydrated enough).

I ended up peeing like a racehorse for the hour before bed, from a mix of the water, drink, and laxative tea. Didn't go number 2 before bed though.

11:00 p.m. I am in bed and loving it.

U of R Man

Awards
Day 2

Wow, I just have to say, last night was the best night of sleep I have had in a very long time. I laid down at 11:00 and I must have been out by 11:05 at the latest. I slept straight through until about 5:00 a.m. (normally I'm up at 7:00), and woke up more refreshed than I can remember being. Basically, I slept 2 LESS hours than normal, and I woke up feeling better rested...pretty interesting stuff for the first night.

About 6:45 a.m. I mixed 2 teaspoons of fine sea salt with 32 oz. of warm water and I drank it down. This stuff was the worst part for me so far. It pretty much tastes like salty hose water, kinda gross. I slammed it though, so it went down better than some other supplements I've taken. (I remember tripping, and accidentally biting into an old Xenedrine capsule a few years ago...now that was nasty).

7:15 until 7:30 was pretty much spent on the toilet...not too much going on yet, but it was darker and more liquidy than normal (sorry, but you are going to hear a lot about my movements in this thread...turn back now if it grosses you out).

I walked out of my apartment at 8:00 a.m. feeling really really good. I don't know how to explain it, but I feel much lighter, both physically and mentally. I hope today goes as well as yesterday.

Right now it's 9:30 and I'm at my desk drinking the liquid, I'll update again later.

U of R Man

Awards
Day 2 Update

I got a little restless just before lunch. I made some peppermint tea, drank it, then went for a walk.

I don't feel hungry, but it's difficult to break free mentally when most of your job revolves around lunch and dinner meetings with clients. Luckily everyone has been fairly understanding thus far.

I think my mid day walk is going to be standard for the rest of the week. It takes my mind off the fact that everyone is eating in the office, and it feels good getting outside in the sunshine.

Energy seems to be much better than yesterday at this point, no yawning like yesterday. Starting to get a bit of a headache now, nothing terrible, but I can tell it's there. Hopefully it passes soon.

U of R Man

Awards
Day 2 into Day 3

The end of Day 2 was definitely the worst part thus far. I felt pretty exhausted and faint around 8:00 p.m. Unfortunately, I didn't even have the motivation to train last night, so I went to be early, around 9:30 p.m. Not a terrible thing though as I got about 10 hours of sleep.

Also, I bumped up the amount of maple syrup to 8 tablespoons per 32 ounces of water. I'm hoping this helps with the tiredness and dizzy/faint feelings. So now each 32 oz. bottle has 400 calories in it from the syrup, a pinch of cayenne, and 1 large juiced lemon. Going to see if I can stomach a fourth right before bed so that I can get in 1600 cals. This taste of this stuff is getting old quickly though.

I've definitely dropped some weight around the waste as my pants are now hanging off of me, and all of my belts are on their last notches! The weight was down to 201 at the end of day 1, so I'll check it again tonight (day 3). I've got a feeling it's lower than I went it to be (hence bumping up the cals).

Morning of Day 3:

I woke up at 7:00 and drank the saltwater mix. To my surprise I wasn't running to the bathroom like the first time I drank the stuff. I didn't have to be to work until late, so I had some extra time which helped. I went to the bathroom around 8:00 and it was what you would expect. Pretty much water, not much else to report (some black stuff floating around, but nothing I would consider a breathrough as of yet). My movements definitely smelled worse than normal and had a dark green color to them, however.

Since I had some extra time to kill, I drank a bottle of the stuff before work and brought another bottle with me to sip throughout the day. The hunger is not there nearly as bad as yesterday, if at all. I will have another bottle of the mix when I get home, and hopefully I will have the energy to train tonight.

It's difficult to tell what is making today easier than yesterday. I'm going to attribute it to a combination of a great nights sleep (10+ hours) as well as the bumped up cals. Hopefully I will still have some energy to hit the gym tonight. Bi's and forearms so I'll let you guys know how it goes.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
sub

quigley

Awards
  • Established
i wouldn't recommend any weight training while doing a detox! detoxes are meant to give the CNS and body a break to recover and eliminate acid. weight training puts pressure on CNS AND creates acids in the muscle!! gentle exercise for lymph movement and circulation is all that is suggested for a detox