Melatonin Causing Depression?

1. Registered User
    Answers

Melatonin Causing Depression?

I have been on an EC stack for about two weeks now, and I've already built a nice tolerance, but I haven't been ramping doses because I don't feel the need to. Sometimes I take melatonin to go to sleep at night, especially if my mind is still going strong. Usually just one pill, 2.5 mg, sometimes 5. I have been having severe mood swings and depression lately, and I have a lot of irritability towards others. I assume all this is connected but I just wanted to make sure.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by amicold View Post
    I have been on an EC stack for about two weeks now, and I've already built a nice tolerance, but I haven't been ramping doses because I don't feel the need to. Sometimes I take melatonin to go to sleep at night, especially if my mind is still going strong. Usually just one pill, 2.5 mg, sometimes 5. I have been having severe mood swings and depression lately, and I have a lot of irritability towards others. I assume all this is connected but I just wanted to make sure.

I've had the exact opposite effect from Melatonin, I've been on it now for the past 3 weeks or so. Hell, people at work have even commented on how much more relaxed I am recently. Normally I am pretty short fused.

I do find if I go above 3mg I have trouble sleeping.

Have you tried eliminating just the melatonin to see if your depression subsides?

Anything else going on in your life that could be causing/adding to it depression/sleeplessness/irritability?

Also, are you sure you are actually 'sleeping' on melatonin? Are you waking up refreshed? or just as tired as when you went to bed?

EDIT: Just found this link:
    Melatonin & Depression

X
  3. Registered User
    Answers

Well, I'm not the happiest of people but I wouldn't say I'm depressed either, normally. I didn't take melatonin or EC today, and I feel like my mood is more stable, I'm not irritable, but I'm still kinda bumming.
    •   

4. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Melatonin (600mcg) 2 ZMT caps and a benedryl=THE best sleep I have had in years....no hangover.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  242 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by amicold View Post

it sounds like the ephedrine that causing u to bottom out dude
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. NMDA cause of depression?
    By chedapalooza in forum Supplements
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-24-2013, 08:59 AM
  2. Melatonin can cause a test decrease?
    By jjohn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-24-2008, 06:08 PM
  3. Fuzion cause depression?