Melatonin Causing Depression?

amicold

Awards
I have been on an EC stack for about two weeks now, and I've already built a nice tolerance, but I haven't been ramping doses because I don't feel the need to. Sometimes I take melatonin to go to sleep at night, especially if my mind is still going strong. Usually just one pill, 2.5 mg, sometimes 5. I have been having severe mood swings and depression lately, and I have a lot of irritability towards others. I assume all this is connected but I just wanted to make sure.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
I have been on an EC stack for about two weeks now, and I've already built a nice tolerance, but I haven't been ramping doses because I don't feel the need to. Sometimes I take melatonin to go to sleep at night, especially if my mind is still going strong. Usually just one pill, 2.5 mg, sometimes 5. I have been having severe mood swings and depression lately, and I have a lot of irritability towards others. I assume all this is connected but I just wanted to make sure.

I've had the exact opposite effect from Melatonin, I've been on it now for the past 3 weeks or so. Hell, people at work have even commented on how much more relaxed I am recently. Normally I am pretty short fused.

I do find if I go above 3mg I have trouble sleeping.

Have you tried eliminating just the melatonin to see if your depression subsides?

Anything else going on in your life that could be causing/adding to it depression/sleeplessness/irritability?

Also, are you sure you are actually 'sleeping' on melatonin? Are you waking up refreshed? or just as tired as when you went to bed?

EDIT: Just found this link:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/21341-melatonin-depression.html

X

amicold

Awards
Well, I'm not the happiest of people but I wouldn't say I'm depressed either, normally. I didn't take melatonin or EC today, and I feel like my mood is more stable, I'm not irritable, but I'm still kinda bumming.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Melatonin (600mcg) 2 ZMT caps and a benedryl=THE best sleep I have had in years....no hangover.

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established

it sounds like the ephedrine that causing u to bottom out dude