pre workout shake; good or bad idea?

Missy25

Missy25

Awards
I've been reading a lot about it but i'm not sure which is a good idea to take, any suggestions?

at least what it is i am looking for in one, it would be really great.

Thanks

Missy

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I like to take a drink comprised of BCAAs and WMS starting ~30 minutes pre-WO and drink it throughout.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
I've been reading a lot about it but i'm not sure which is a good idea to take, any suggestions?

at least what it is i am looking for in one, it would be really great.

Thanks

Missy

Pre-workout nutrition is just as, if not more important than post workout nutrition:

Insulin stimulated by food intake, actually enhances blood flow and subsequent nutrient delivery to muscles (Coggins et al., 2001).

Applying this principle, liquid pre workout meal consumption dramatically increases muscle blood flow and protein synthesis (Tipton et al., 2001). This elevation in muscle growth is at least twice that observed with the same drink taken post workout (Tipton et al., 2001)! In fact, this effect even lasts for an hour after the workout, so it’s like having 2 drinks for the price of 1!

Fortunately, early resistance to this research is falling by the wayside, and people are finally starting to reap the benefits that this practice has to offer. While "pre workout nutrition" just doesn’t sound as sexy as "post workout nutrition," actually doubling our muscle growth should seem pretty damn sexy to everyone!

The above was snipped from this article:

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=659666

Specifically, Myth #2 and #3.

X