Tell me about a quick-to-make snack that you like

Puzzle

Awards
I fancy a new snack idea. I'm sure most people go through phases of having a favourite snack. Sometimes we will try something new or go back to old favourites that we had forgotten. Something simple, minimal fuss.

I've eaten cheddar cheese, biscuit type crackers, and pickle almost everyday this week. Yum. But I'll probably be sick of it in a week's time. And that's where you come in. :)

IainDaniel

Awards
Simplest snack for me is a protein shake

Protein Powder
Cultured Yougurt
Oat Bran
Milled Flax seeds
Raspberries.
Skim Milk

Whip is together pretty quick.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't eat snacks per se. If I'm hungry, that's a sign that I need a full course meal. If on the go it's a turkey sammich or some tuna salad.

Puzzle

Awards
That's similar to my morning hotchpotch:

blueberries - usually frozen
stawberries - usually frozen
mango - always from frozen
pineapple juice
greek yoghurt
peanut butter
milk
water
milled flax
milled oats
milk protein concentrate

I don't usually do more than one a day, though.

bigdave

bigdave

Awards
ya the rice cakes with pb is prety much a staple snack for me as well, also i just started eating these hot pockets ultra they have like 180 cals and 28 grams of protein and they are on whole wheat, pretty good, 1 minute in the microwave and boom.. i luv shakes but they are not that quick to make considering i have to wash the blender afterwards lol

Smokey3957

Awards
Some things I like for a quick snack

-Almonds
-Beef jerkey (watch out for the sodium though)
-Turkey deli meat (again, sodium. i always ask for low-sodium)

Most of the tmie however, I usually open 3 cans of tuna, mix with some dill relish, and about 3-4 TBSP of lite mayo and I throw in a handful of almonds into the bunch. This makes two high-protein, high fat (good fat), low low carb meals and is about ~400-500 calories depending on how many almonds you thow in. You can also spice it up by throwing in some chicken or crab meat. Makes a great snack. I eat this 2-3/day if I can while I'm carb cycling.

jrm

jrm

Awards
ya the rice cakes with pb is prety much a staple snack for me as well, also i just started eating these hot pockets ultra they have like 180 cals and 28 grams of protein and they are on whole wheat, pretty good, 1 minute in the microwave and boom.. i luv shakes but they are not that quick to make considering i have to wash the blender afterwards lol
Have those Ultra Hot Pockets made their taste better? When they first came out they were horrible tasting, so bad I could barely get them down.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
I beef jerky the **** out of myself sometimes.. :lol:

gdbear65

gdbear65

Awards
  • Established
1/2 cup plain lf yogurt
1/2 cup cottage cheese
light maple syrup (to taste)
fresh berries

bombBoogie

bombBoogie

Awards
  • Established
Low fat milk (or with whey) + pb + oat cereal

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
My favorite snack is a some lean ground beef with blackened seasoning and some rosemary potatoes, or a tuna sub-sandwich with jalapeno peppers and banana peppers and lots of milk and fish oil.

In other words, You shouldn't have time for snacks. If you need a snack, eat more frequently. Don't eat for taste, eat for results!

If that fails, Cheetos.