Hypoglycemic?

  1. Registered User
    CryingEmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,081
    Rep Power
    1634

    Hypoglycemic?


    2 minutes before I was done with cardio, I started feeling weak and hungry. I came home and starting eating... man I could eat 1000 calories if I wanted, but I won't. Is this what Hypoglycemia feels like?

    I ate a banana, skim milk mixed with a scoop of whey, a cup of rice... shortly a chicken breast.... I'm starting to feel a little less weak.

    By the way I hadn't eaten in 4 hours prior to cardio. I know, bad, catabolic, but I'm on A.A.S. so I'm not that scared of going catabolic.

  2. Idiot Savant
    Board Sponsor
    prld2gr8ns's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Between Middle Earth and Narnia
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,502
    Rep Power
    61214

    Could be. Where you naseated and lightheaded as well?
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!


  3. Registered User
    CryingEmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,081
    Rep Power
    1634

    Quote Originally Posted by prld2gr8ns View Post
    Could be. Where you naseated and lightheaded as well?
    Slightly, yeah.
    •   
       

  4. Board Supporter
    wastedwhiteboy2's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    USA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,986
    Rep Power
    3010

    I get dizzy and light headed.
  5. Registered User
    ticktwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    44
    Rep Power
    108

    [QUOTE=CryingEmo;985511]Is this what Hypoglycemia feels like? QUOTE]

    It sounds pretty close! Symptoms of low blood sugar depend on the person. The classic examples are tremors or shakes in hands, excessive sweating, confusion, and deep hunger.

    For me it depends on how low I get.

    60-70 slight tremor, slight hunger,
    50-60 slight tremor, slight hunger, confusion
    40-50 excessive sweating, slight tremor, hunger, confusion
    30-40 excessive sweating, heavey tremor, big hunger, dazed
    20-30 sweat literally pours off of me in constant stream, shaking like I am doing the jive, ridiculous hunger, not dazed but completly out of it

    I have only been in the 20 range 3 times, two of which scared my wife to death.

    If it is hypo you were suffering keep an eye on it. you can always keep glucose tablets with you just in case.
  6. Registered User
    Sunder's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Age
    40
    Posts
    525
    Rep Power
    398

    [QUOTE=ticktwo;986756]
    Quote Originally Posted by CryingEmo View Post
    Is this what Hypoglycemia feels like? QUOTE]

    It sounds pretty close! Symptoms of low blood sugar depend on the person. The classic examples are tremors or shakes in hands, excessive sweating, confusion, and deep hunger.

    For me it depends on how low I get.

    60-70 slight tremor, slight hunger,
    50-60 slight tremor, slight hunger, confusion
    40-50 excessive sweating, slight tremor, hunger, confusion
    30-40 excessive sweating, heavey tremor, big hunger, dazed
    20-30 sweat literally pours off of me in constant stream, shaking like I am doing the jive, ridiculous hunger, not dazed but completly out of it

    I have only been in the 20 range 3 times, two of which scared my wife to death.

    If it is hypo you were suffering keep an eye on it. you can always keep glucose tablets with you just in case.
    Sounds a lot like me except for the whole actually knowing my blood sugar level by number part.
    Well that, and EXTREME irritability.

    In fact, the irritability comes first, then the cold hands, then the shakes, etc.
    Don't think I should have any blood sugar tests when I get in that state - I'm liable to just start stabbing the nearest person too, lol.

    Then I just pass out - but a controlled pass out, not an instant drop. My balance and co-ordination go all wonky - that's when I know I'm in trouble. Kinda like a drunk that knows they're going down in a few minutes, so I find the nearest bed, etc. You learn pretty quickly to keep food with you at all times once that happens.

    My ex kept a protein bar or two in her purse all the time, lol. (Kinda funny, kinda not. Most of our fights start when my blood sugar got low). Although it did get somewhat annoying that anytime I disagreed with her or something she'd ask me if I need something to eat - but I couldn't blame her either.
  7. Banned
    opfor101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    new york
    Age
    24
    Posts
    137
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by CryingEmo View Post
    2 minutes before I was done with cardio, I started feeling weak and hungry. I came home and starting eating... man I could eat 1000 calories if I wanted, but I won't. Is this what Hypoglycemia feels like?

    I ate a banana, skim milk mixed with a scoop of whey, a cup of rice... shortly a chicken breast.... I'm starting to feel a little less weak.

    By the way I hadn't eaten in 4 hours prior to cardio. I know, bad, catabolic, but I'm on A.A.S. so I'm not that scared of going catabolic.
    i originally did get hypoglycemic from Anabolic Pump however when i increased the carbs throughout the day, it was gone.

    I did feel like throwing up and sometimes my memory sucked ass.

    oats help alot.
  8. Registered User
    ticktwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    44
    Rep Power
    108

    Sunder

    You definately sound like you have had hypoglycemic episodes.

    The only reason I know my sugar level is because I am a diabetic and have been for over 20 years. I have 5 meters and try to keep one with me at all times.

    Part of the problem with being able to diagnose hypo/hyper based solely on symptoms is that symptoms differ between people. For instance, you said you get pretty argumentative. For me that is when my sugar is high. When I get low I become a babbling 4 year old. Two instances scared the crap out of my wife. The first one I was in the kitchen with a jar of PB and Jelly and a loaf of bread just babbling away, with sweat dripping off of me making a pool on the floor, stuffing half sandwhiches in my mouth. I ate about 12 in 5 minutes. The second my wife woke up in the middle of the night because she heard me crying. Yes, crying. I was locked in the closet and could not find my way out, I walked in trying to leave the bedroom to head to the kitchen to get food but I did not have enough brain power to figure it out.

    I am a big fan of glucose tablets being kept in a gym bag for anyone that has suffered an episode of hypo or thinks they have.
  9. Registered User
    Sunder's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Age
    40
    Posts
    525
    Rep Power
    398

    Quote Originally Posted by ticktwo View Post
    For instance, you said you get pretty argumentative. For me that is when my sugar is high. When I get low I become a babbling 4 year old. Two instances scared the crap out of my wife. The first one I was in the kitchen with a jar of PB and Jelly and a loaf of bread just babbling away, with sweat dripping off of me making a pool on the floor, stuffing half sandwhiches in my mouth. I ate about 12 in 5 minutes. The second my wife woke up in the middle of the night because she heard me crying. Yes, crying. I was locked in the closet and could not find my way out, I walked in trying to leave the bedroom to head to the kitchen to get food but I did not have enough brain power to figure it out.

    I am a big fan of glucose tablets being kept in a gym bag for anyone that has suffered an episode of hypo or thinks they have.
    Argumentative implies that I have given it more thought and logic than I usually do, lol. They're also very short "arguments" because I don't want to hear what they have to say, because they're wrong. I get a little more emotional than I usually do - but I'm a very emotional guy in my "normal" state anyways, lol.

    I don't think I've ever had it as bad as you. I do get very stupid though - every thought is fuzzy and it's so hard to think. At least I was smart enough to let the ex drive whenever I felt like that. It's like a dumbed down version of my ID takes over - but it primarily wants food and almost feels like my life is being threatened without it.

    The worst thing I can remember that she used to bring up often was when a mosquito bit me. For some reason, I got it in my mind that she was watching the mosquito bite me and didn't bother to tell me - so I got mad at her for that for the next half hour or so. Then when my blood sugar was back to normal, the memory of that incident was like the memory of a movie you saw 3 years ago. You know it happened...but it seems so distant. Or maybe a fading dream is a better analogy. It's like they have to remind you that it happened, then you sort of remember it a bit...maybe...

    I watch my carb intake now - especially simple carbs. I love pancakes with syrup and used to eat them all the time. But if I eat that now, I know it can cause problems for me in a few hours if I don't do anything about it. (Sadly, eating fat seems to help even though some ppl say it spikes insulin when the 2 are combined).
    But I like to eat fat with protein primarily, and then easy on the simple carbs.

    My mother is diabetic, and her mother was diabetic too. So whether or not the theory that diabetes skips a generation...the only thing on my side is that I'm a guy maybe? LoL.

    The only real problem I have now is when I'm doing stuff with other people - people that can go without food for long periods of time. Sometimes on a movie set, you go for long hours and food breaks get pushed further and further back - and it's not like you can just leave the set whenever you want. I'm not lazy and I'm not a "diva" that whines about food - I just let them know ahead of time I just need a quick snack of something inbetween. But sometimes you're in an unexpected isolated location when this happens and don't have easy access to food. Beef jerky helps me a lot in those situations.
  10. Registered User
    chainsaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,212
    Rep Power
    3817

    I am hypoglycemic and also and ecto morph, it is hard to find a diet that works. I have to eat upwards of 5000 cals a day just to gain weight, wish it was easier. I do stay pretty lean though. I used to get headaches and light headed when I workout out but I take a pre workout shake and I sip on a malt/dex/bcaa combo throughout my workout.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Hypoglycemic, what supplements not to take?
    By 28540MC in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-30-2007, 08:07 AM
  2. IGF-1 Hypoglycemic concern. HELP
    By pudzian2 in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-26-2007, 09:31 PM
  3. Hypoglycemic person and weight loss
    By KSMA in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-29-2007, 12:33 PM
  4. kwick karb for the hypoglycemic
    By Flaw in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-05-2007, 01:48 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-15-2006, 03:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in