reintroducing crabs after keto

buffhunk29

buffhunk29

AI Sports Fitness Expert
Awards
  • Established
Hey all you Keto experts out there what is the best way to reintroduce carbs after being on a keto diet, I was working with Dave Palumbo so I was on his diet which is a keto high fat high protein no carb diet for the past 9 weeks and now its time to start the transition to the offseason but I want a good way to add the carbs back in with out screwing up insulin sensitivity or cause me to spill over and start to put on what I just took off.
He had me with no carb up meals for 7 weeks I just got to add them back in last weekend and this weekend, so I thought since I already carbed up might as well start the transition this week!

I though about it and read some things from different sites and I thought I would add 25- 30g of complex before workout which is my first meal of the day, then about 10g from a fruit source post workout, for the first week, then the second week boost it up to 50-60g complex and 15g fruit, then 3rd week I should be back on the road and normal again. Also should I keep my fats up?

Please let me know the best way guys I just want to do it the healthiest way and not put on anything I just lost!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I saw the threads title and it took me a sec to realize that you meant to say carbs instead of crabs.

buffhunk29

buffhunk29

AI Sports Fitness Expert
Awards
  • Established
HAHHA WOW!!! I have deff been in keto way too long hahha thats too funny!

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That special shampoo they make for your scalp will also work for your crotch. :lol:

Are these refeeds, or are you planning on having your diet with higher carbs?

I would lower the fat intake close to kcal for kcal if reintroducing carbs.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is there something else you need to tell us Freud?

I

Insidious1

Awards
  • Established
IF your reintroducing carbs, i agree with sinner.... lower your fat as you up your carbs....

I've done a VERY LOW carb diet before... dropped a good 20lbs and dropped a lot of body fat. Got the abs back... Since then, i've been trying to bulk up but do it VERY clean and keep thee abs.

I notice my carb sensitivity will go up and down based on my diet trends over the weeks. Try to keep the fat low, and gradually up the carbs back up to normal... that is your safest bet IMO.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yo Heath, what happened to the show plans brother??

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
not sure - crabs are high in protein arent' they?

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm also interested about this as I plan on doing CKD/anabolic diet this winter.

I would imagine fruit with a complex carb in the morning totaling about 25~30 and then the same post workout. Adding 5~10 gr every 2days for 2 weeks. That'll put you back around 50~60 in the morning and post workout. Those are my norms. Also tradeing cal vs. cal with fat.

This is the idea I was thinking abut useing when I had to come back. I have nothing to back this with....JMO

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Nutrition / Health 0
Jiigzz Supplements 145
hamper19 Weight Loss 6