Before Bed !!

  1. New Member
    sameerkhan51's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    139
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    69.53%

    My Deit Log... Need help


    Hey guys,

    I usually eat Cottage Cheese with PB and Raisin before going to bed...
    I was just curious that HOw long ago should i eat my last meal before sleeping??

    My diet and as following..

    Goal is to stay healthy and put more muscles on..
    Weight: 165 LB
    Height:6f
    body fat : 9%

    I train 4 days a week..

    1st meal: Oatmeal + cottage cheese + Natural PB + raisin

    2nd meal: Whey Protein shake+ 4 Egg whites + Green veggies + Banana ( banana only when i work out )
    after 2nd meal on the days of my work out i usually hit the gym..

    3rd meal: Chicken Breast + 2 whole wheat Bread + vegetables + some yoghurt

    4th meal: Whey Protein + 4 Egg whites + green veggies

    5th meal: Tuna on whole wheat bun+ mayo

    6th meal: Cottage cheese + peanut Butter + Raisin

    My protein intake is around 230 grams
    Carbs: 130 grams appx.

    Do i need to change anything??
    I like to do it with the whole food comparring to supplements..

    Is there any thing that i should change in my diet??
    please help out.. thx..

  2. Professional Member
    Cellardude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,348
    Rep Power
    32271
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    2.59%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    sure does look like you could use some more cals.
  3. New Member
    ManInTheBox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    239
    Rep Power
    211
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    87.18%

    what's been working best for me (for putting on size) is simply having proteins, carbs, and fats in every meal. I do usually between 40-60 carbs, 40-50 proteins, and 15-20 fats per meal. I feel better than ever after every single meal.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    sameerkhan51's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    139
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    69.53%

    Quote Originally Posted by ManInTheBox View Post
    what's been working best for me (for putting on size) is simply having proteins, carbs, and fats in every meal. I do usually between 40-60 carbs, 40-50 proteins, and 15-20 fats per meal. I feel better than ever after every single meal.
    Thx buddy.. but when do u take you last meal before bed?
  5. New Member
    sameerkhan51's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    139
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    69.53%

    Quote Originally Posted by Cellardude View Post
    sure does look like you could use some more cals.
    so i should be eating more ?
  6. Advanced Member
    bombBoogie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    32
    Posts
    649
    Rep Power
    419
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    76.89%

    My last meal is 5-10 minute before sleeping, shake + efa.
  7. Senior Member
    Xodus's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,902
    Rep Power
    1042
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    8.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by sameerkhan51 View Post
    Hey guys,

    I usually eat Cottage Cheese with PB and Raisin before going to bed...
    I was just curious that HOw long ago should i eat my last meal before sleeping??

    My diet and as following..

    Goal is to stay healthy and put more muscles on..
    Weight: 165 LB
    Height:6f
    body fat : 9%

    I train 4 days a week..

    1st meal: Oatmeal + cottage cheese + Natural PB + raisin

    2nd meal: Whey Protein shake+ 4 Egg whites + Green veggies + Banana ( banana only when i work out )
    after 2nd meal on the days of my work out i usually hit the gym..

    3rd meal: Chicken Breast + 2 whole wheat Bread + vegetables + some yoghurt

    4th meal: Whey Protein + 4 Egg whites + green veggies

    5th meal: Tuna on whole wheat bun+ mayo

    6th meal: Cottage cheese + peanut Butter + Raisin

    My protein intake is around 230 grams
    Carbs: 130 grams appx.

    Do i need to change anything??
    I like to do it with the whole food comparring to supplements..

    Is there any thing that i should change in my diet??
    please help out.. thx..


    Personally, I wouldn't mix fats and carbs, nor would I eat carbs just before bed, it'll get 'stored' as fat.

    I would ditch the raisins(carbs) from your last meal and just have it CC & PB (p+f).

    X
  8. New Member
    sameerkhan51's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    139
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    69.53%

    Quote Originally Posted by Xodus View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't mix fats and carbs, nor would I eat carbs just before bed, it'll get 'stored' as fat.

    I would ditch the raisins(carbs) from your last meal and just have it CC & PB (p+f).

    X
    Thx alot man.. that helps..
  9. Senior Member
    MakaveliThaDon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    2,781
    Rep Power
    5918
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    88.6%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Have you ever tried taking the natty PB, and putting it in a bowl of fat free cottage cheese, and stirring the two up together and eating it with a spoon.

    Cuz if you haven't, I don't recommend that you try it.
  10. Senior Member
    Xodus's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,902
    Rep Power
    1042
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    8.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Thumbs up


    Quote Originally Posted by MakaveliThaDon View Post
    Have you ever tried taking the natty PB, and putting it in a bowl of fat free cottage cheese, and stirring the two up together and eating it with a spoon.

    Cuz if you haven't, I don't recommend that you try it.


    That right there is the ****.


    It is 2 of my 7 meals.

    2 cups FF CC & 4 TB Nat. PB.







    X
  11. New Member
    sameerkhan51's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    139
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    69.53%

    Quote Originally Posted by MakaveliThaDon View Post
    Have you ever tried taking the natty PB, and putting it in a bowl of fat free cottage cheese, and stirring the two up together and eating it with a spoon.

    Cuz if you haven't, I don't recommend that you try it.
    Why wouldn't you recommend it my friend?.. since i do it
  12. Board Supporter
    Nitrox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,303
    Rep Power
    803
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    11.22%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Xodus View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't mix fats and carbs, nor would I eat carbs just before bed, it'll get 'stored' as fat.
    That is a myth.
  13. Senior Member
    Xodus's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,902
    Rep Power
    1042
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    8.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrox View Post
    That is a myth.
    How so? If you don't use any calorie, it will get stored, carb or protein. Lots of people successfully carb cycle and/or taper them off throughout the day.



    X
  14. Professional Member
    nycste's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,174
    Rep Power
    1690
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    72.16%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Xodus View Post
    How so? If you don't use any calorie, it will get stored, carb or protein. Lots of people successfully carb cycle and/or taper them off throughout the day.



    X
    you do realize how hard your body works while you sleep right?

    have you ever wondered why you sweat at night and sometimes not so much during the day. even though your body naturally lowered its temps 1-2 degrees so it can work harder.

    you do realize your body is always burning calories. whether you do nothing or something. clearly if you do more you burn more.
  15. Senior Member
    Xodus's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,902
    Rep Power
    1042
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    8.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by nycste View Post
    you do realize how hard your body works while you sleep right?

    have you ever wondered why you sweat at night and sometimes not so much during the day. even though your body naturally lowered its temps 1-2 degrees so it can work harder.

    you do realize your body is always burning calories. whether you do nothing or something. clearly if you do more you burn more.


    Yeah, I understand that, its just that carbs are more easily 'stored' than proteins. I guess I would just rather have it utilizing Cottage Cheese for 8 hrs vs. eating big bowl of pasta or oatmeal before bed.


    X
  16. Board Supporter
    Nitrox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,303
    Rep Power
    803
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    11.22%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Xodus View Post
    How so? If you don't use any calorie, it will get stored, carb or protein. Lots of people successfully carb cycle and/or taper them off throughout the day.



    X
    Because of basic metabolic needs your body uses energy 24/7, even while sleeping. If you are resitance training this energy requirement will be even higher because of needs for muscle adaptation. If you don't exceed that level, very little will be put into fat storage assuming a relatively balanced macro nutrient ratio or one that is at least sufficient in protein.

    Just because people get satisfactory results carb cycling does not itself imply that failure to do so will result in unsatisfactory results.

    High carb/low fat meals produce higher peak insulin levels but are shorter in duration. However carbs are less likely to be stored as fat because it requires conversion and the higher insulin levels also promote protein synthesis. Low carb/high fat meals on the other hand produce less peak insulin levels but the duration is longer. Fat calories on the other hand are more likely than carbs to be stored as fat because no conversion is required.

    Think of it as sports car that accelerates quickly to the speed limit and then coasts to the next stop versus an econobox that accelerates more slowly and stays under power longer. Which is better is hard to say; the end results can be very similar.

    IMO discussing macronutrient ratio effects on bodyweight management in the absence of calorie consumption and expenditure considerations is way too broad but is often done. Hence all the rhetoric on insulin management via carb cycling and carb + fat exclusion.
  17. Board Supporter
    Nitrox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,303
    Rep Power
    803
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    11.22%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Xodus View Post
    Yeah, I understand that, its just that carbs are more easily 'stored' than proteins. I guess I would just rather have it utilizing Cottage Cheese for 8 hrs vs. eating big bowl of pasta or oatmeal before bed.


    X
    Who said you had to eat a BIG bowl of pasta? Eat a quantity that is appropriate for your needs.

    Comparing fat storage from 250 calories of cottage cheese versus 500 from some starch source is not fair.
  18. New Member
    Fireproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    45
    Posts
    137
    Rep Power
    183
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    35.51%

    Quote Originally Posted by Xodus View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't mix fats and carbs, nor would I eat carbs just before bed, it'll get 'stored' as fat.

    I would ditch the raisins(carbs) from your last meal and just have it CC & PB (p+f).

    X

    Good ol' Berardi "food combining" nonsense, right there.
  19. Board Supporter
    Nitrox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,303
    Rep Power
    803
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    11.22%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Fireproof View Post
    Good ol' Berardi "food combining" nonsense, right there.
    Reps for calling it like it is
  20. New Member
    Fireproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    45
    Posts
    137
    Rep Power
    183
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    35.51%

    Quote Originally Posted by Xodus View Post
    How so? If you don't use any calorie, it will get stored, carb or protein. Lots of people successfully carb cycle and/or taper them off throughout the day.


    X
    Optimizing nutrient timing is one thing. To say that you will store more fat because carbs are combined with protein and fat is just mistaken. Same with consuming carbs at night.

    In fact, many competitive bodybuilders get shredded by consuming carbs at night. My carb loads in pre-contest dieting were the last meal of the day, just before bed.
  21. New Member
    sameerkhan51's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    139
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    69.53%

    Guys anything else to add or take off from my diet??
    so far it seems to be all good..
  22. Senior Member
    MakaveliThaDon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    2,781
    Rep Power
    5918
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    88.6%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by sameerkhan51 View Post
    Why wouldn't you recommend it my friend?.. since i do it


    No no, it's a great combo. I used to do it too, but I ate both separately Mixing them together in one big bowl is just disgusting, lol.
  23. Senior Member
    Xodus's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,902
    Rep Power
    1042
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    8.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by MakaveliThaDon View Post
    No no, it's a great combo. I used to do it too, but I ate both separately Mixing them together in one big bowl is just disgusting, lol.


    Disgusting? I think its delicious! Try cashew or almond butter too!

    X
  24. New Member
    sameerkhan51's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    139
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    69.53%

    Quote Originally Posted by Xodus View Post
    Disgusting? I think its delicious! Try cashew or almond butter too!

    X
    yeah i love it too.
  25. Board Supporter
    R-Mac's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    904
    Rep Power
    9766
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    51.99%

    Quote Originally Posted by MakaveliThaDon View Post
    Have you ever tried taking the natty PB, and putting it in a bowl of fat free cottage cheese, and stirring the two up together and eating it with a spoon.

    Cuz if you haven't, I don't recommend that you try it.

    I do this all the time...and I throw a scoop of chocolate protein in it...delicious...and for a real treat add some freshly cut strawberries
  26. Board Supporter
    R-Mac's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    904
    Rep Power
    9766
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    51.99%

    Quote Originally Posted by sameerkhan51 View Post
    Thx buddy.. but when do u take you last meal before bed?
    mix together cottage cheese/natty Pb/ and 1/2 or 1 scoop of choc whey

    or a chicken breast

    or some hard boiled eggs

    or muscle milk packet
  27. Board Supporter
    R-Mac's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    904
    Rep Power
    9766
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    51.99%

    Quote Originally Posted by sameerkhan51 View Post
    Guys anything else to add or take off from my diet??
    so far it seems to be all good..
    If I were you I would experiment with more complex carbs in the 2-3 meals pwo...
  28. Senior Member
    Xodus's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,902
    Rep Power
    1042
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    8.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by MakaveliThaDon View Post
    No no, it's a great combo. I used to do it too, but I ate both separately Mixing them together in one big bowl is just disgusting, lol.

    Were you using fat free cottage cheese?

    I always use the FF stuff and its good. Safeway had a deal on 1% CC so I bought a few tubs. I will agree, mixing PB with this stuff is completely different. I can't place it, maybe too salty or something, but nowhere near as good as the FF stuff.


    Just curious...

    X
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Before bed: Casein only or a mix of Whey/Casein/Egg
    By Gaf Knee in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-09-2003, 10:08 PM
  2. Is fat before bed just as bad as carbs?
    By Gaf Knee in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-19-2003, 09:23 PM
  3. best protein before bed?
    By JBlaze in forum Supplements
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-18-2003, 09:33 PM
  4. Best food for before bed
    By Inzah Dude in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 01-27-2003, 08:16 PM
  5. Takeing 1 test before bed???
    By noob in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-02-2003, 01:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in