Before Bed !!

sameerkhan51

sameerkhan51

Awards
My Deit Log... Need help

Hey guys,

I usually eat Cottage Cheese with PB and Raisin before going to bed...
I was just curious that HOw long ago should i eat:food: my last meal before sleeping??

My diet and as following..

Goal is to stay healthy and put more muscles on..
Weight: 165 LB
Height:6f
body fat : 9%

I train 4 days a week..

1st meal: Oatmeal + cottage cheese + Natural PB + raisin

2nd meal: Whey Protein shake+ 4 Egg whites + Green veggies + Banana ( banana only when i work out )
after 2nd meal on the days of my work out i usually hit the gym..

3rd meal: Chicken Breast + 2 whole wheat Bread + vegetables + some yoghurt

4th meal: Whey Protein + 4 Egg whites + green veggies

5th meal: Tuna on whole wheat bun+ mayo

6th meal: Cottage cheese + peanut Butter + Raisin

My protein intake is around 230 grams
Carbs: 130 grams appx.

Do i need to change anything??
I like to do it with the whole food comparring to supplements..

Is there any thing that i should change in my diet??
please help out.. thx..

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
sure does look like you could use some more cals.

ManInTheBox

ManInTheBox

Awards
what's been working best for me (for putting on size) is simply having proteins, carbs, and fats in every meal. I do usually between 40-60 carbs, 40-50 proteins, and 15-20 fats per meal. I feel better than ever after every single meal.

sameerkhan51

sameerkhan51

Awards
what's been working best for me (for putting on size) is simply having proteins, carbs, and fats in every meal. I do usually between 40-60 carbs, 40-50 proteins, and 15-20 fats per meal. I feel better than ever after every single meal.
Thx buddy.. but when do u take you last meal before bed?

bombBoogie

bombBoogie

Awards
  • Established
My last meal is 5-10 minute before sleeping, shake + efa.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys,

I usually eat Cottage Cheese with PB and Raisin before going to bed...
I was just curious that HOw long ago should i eat:food: my last meal before sleeping??

My diet and as following..

Goal is to stay healthy and put more muscles on..
Weight: 165 LB
Height:6f
body fat : 9%

I train 4 days a week..

1st meal: Oatmeal + cottage cheese + Natural PB + raisin

2nd meal: Whey Protein shake+ 4 Egg whites + Green veggies + Banana ( banana only when i work out )
after 2nd meal on the days of my work out i usually hit the gym..

3rd meal: Chicken Breast + 2 whole wheat Bread + vegetables + some yoghurt

4th meal: Whey Protein + 4 Egg whites + green veggies

5th meal: Tuna on whole wheat bun+ mayo

6th meal: Cottage cheese + peanut Butter + Raisin

My protein intake is around 230 grams
Carbs: 130 grams appx.

Do i need to change anything??
I like to do it with the whole food comparring to supplements..

Is there any thing that i should change in my diet??
please help out.. thx..

Personally, I wouldn't mix fats and carbs, nor would I eat carbs just before bed, it'll get 'stored' as fat.

I would ditch the raisins(carbs) from your last meal and just have it CC & PB (p+f).

X

sameerkhan51

sameerkhan51

Awards
Personally, I wouldn't mix fats and carbs, nor would I eat carbs just before bed, it'll get 'stored' as fat.

I would ditch the raisins(carbs) from your last meal and just have it CC & PB (p+f).

X
Thx alot man.. that helps..:thumbsup:

M

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Have you ever tried taking the natty PB, and putting it in a bowl of fat free cottage cheese, and stirring the two up together and eating it with a spoon.

Cuz if you haven't, I don't recommend that you try it.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
Have you ever tried taking the natty PB, and putting it in a bowl of fat free cottage cheese, and stirring the two up together and eating it with a spoon.

That right there is the ****.

It is 2 of my 7 meals.

2 cups FF CC & 4 TB Nat. PB.

:thumbsup:

X

sameerkhan51

sameerkhan51

Awards

Why wouldn't you recommend it my friend?.. since i do it:blink:

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
That is a myth.
How so? If you don't use any calorie, it will get stored, carb or protein. Lots of people successfully carb cycle and/or taper them off throughout the day.

X

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
How so? If you don't use any calorie, it will get stored, carb or protein. Lots of people successfully carb cycle and/or taper them off throughout the day.

X
you do realize how hard your body works while you sleep right?

have you ever wondered why you sweat at night and sometimes not so much during the day. even though your body naturally lowered its temps 1-2 degrees so it can work harder.

you do realize your body is always burning calories. whether you do nothing or something. clearly if you do more you burn more.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
you do realize how hard your body works while you sleep right?

have you ever wondered why you sweat at night and sometimes not so much during the day. even though your body naturally lowered its temps 1-2 degrees so it can work harder.

you do realize your body is always burning calories. whether you do nothing or something. clearly if you do more you burn more.

Yeah, I understand that, its just that carbs are more easily 'stored' than proteins. I guess I would just rather have it utilizing Cottage Cheese for 8 hrs vs. eating big bowl of pasta or oatmeal before bed.

X

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

X
Because of basic metabolic needs your body uses energy 24/7, even while sleeping. If you are resitance training this energy requirement will be even higher because of needs for muscle adaptation. If you don't exceed that level, very little will be put into fat storage assuming a relatively balanced macro nutrient ratio or one that is at least sufficient in protein.

Just because people get satisfactory results carb cycling does not itself imply that failure to do so will result in unsatisfactory results.

High carb/low fat meals produce higher peak insulin levels but are shorter in duration. However carbs are less likely to be stored as fat because it requires conversion and the higher insulin levels also promote protein synthesis. Low carb/high fat meals on the other hand produce less peak insulin levels but the duration is longer. Fat calories on the other hand are more likely than carbs to be stored as fat because no conversion is required.

Think of it as sports car that accelerates quickly to the speed limit and then coasts to the next stop versus an econobox that accelerates more slowly and stays under power longer. Which is better is hard to say; the end results can be very similar.

IMO discussing macronutrient ratio effects on bodyweight management in the absence of calorie consumption and expenditure considerations is way too broad but is often done. Hence all the rhetoric on insulin management via carb cycling and carb + fat exclusion.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I understand that, its just that carbs are more easily 'stored' than proteins. I guess I would just rather have it utilizing Cottage Cheese for 8 hrs vs. eating big bowl of pasta or oatmeal before bed.

X
Who said you had to eat a BIG bowl of pasta? Eat a quantity that is appropriate for your needs.

Comparing fat storage from 250 calories of cottage cheese versus 500 from some starch source is not fair.

Fireproof

Fireproof

Awards

X

Good ol' Berardi "food combining" nonsense, right there. ;)

Fireproof

Fireproof

Awards

X
Optimizing nutrient timing is one thing. To say that you will store more fat because carbs are combined with protein and fat is just mistaken. Same with consuming carbs at night.

In fact, many competitive bodybuilders get shredded by consuming carbs at night. My carb loads in pre-contest dieting were the last meal of the day, just before bed.

sameerkhan51

sameerkhan51

Awards
Guys anything else to add or take off from my diet??
so far it seems to be all good..

M

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Why wouldn't you recommend it my friend?.. since i do it:blink:

No no, it's a great combo. I used to do it too, but I ate both separately :) Mixing them together in one big bowl is just disgusting, lol.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
No no, it's a great combo. I used to do it too, but I ate both separately :) Mixing them together in one big bowl is just disgusting, lol.

Disgusting? I think its delicious! Try cashew or almond butter too!

X

R-Mac

R-Mac

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

I do this all the time...and I throw a scoop of chocolate protein in it...delicious...and for a real treat add some freshly cut strawberries

R-Mac

R-Mac

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thx buddy.. but when do u take you last meal before bed?
mix together cottage cheese/natty Pb/ and 1/2 or 1 scoop of choc whey

or a chicken breast

or some hard boiled eggs

or muscle milk packet

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established

Were you using fat free cottage cheese?

I always use the FF stuff and its good. Safeway had a deal on 1% CC so I bought a few tubs. I will agree, mixing PB with this stuff is completely different. I can't place it, maybe too salty or something, but nowhere near as good as the FF stuff.

Just curious...

X