Help with rehabbing shoulder (been out 2 months, it sucks!!

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So my shoulder are ****ED! Havnt been able to do ANY pushing movements for almost 2 months

First i injured my right shoulder, was out 2 weeks, started to come back and messed up my LEFT shoulder!! Waited a couple more weeks came back and hurt my RIGHT shoulder AGAIN :(

So i havnt even touched it for 5 weeks and just started doing loight lifting this month.

Any tips/exercises i can do to streangthen it? Right now all im doing some light (10 lbs :eek: ) shoulder raises (front, side, rear) and machine shoulder press (40 lbs :eek: )

ive been doing some "rotator cuff" training (im a dumb ass, never even researched it, just think im doing it right) where i get a cable and just rotate my shoulder by brining my arm from 0 degress to 90 degrees.

Suggestions/Tips would be really helpfull!!!

My bench and military press were my best lifts and i was really proud of em and it REALLY sucks not being able to do em any more.

bulls**t

bulls**t

Awards
  • Established
You need to see a doctor homeboy. Maybe get an MRI.
Hard as hell to fix an undiagnosed problem.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Shoulders are the most tricky joint to fix. IGF-1 and cissus are the only supps that would really help.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Shoulders are the most tricky joint to fix. IGF-1 and cissus are the only supps that would really help.
eh, i think ill pass on the IGF-1 :D

I am on cissus tho, just happened that after i got off Incarnate (cissus) all these shenanigans happened :(

You need to see a doctor homeboy. Maybe get an MRI.
Hard as hell to fix an undiagnosed problem.
yeah, i was planning on going to a sports doctor then my left shoulder healed and i fcked up my right one so i was like wtf?!

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
So my shoulder are ****ED! Havnt been able to do ANY pushing movements for almost 2 months

First i injured my right shoulder, was out 2 weeks, started to come back and messed up my LEFT shoulder!! Waited a couple more weeks came back and hurt my RIGHT shoulder AGAIN :(

So i havnt even touched it for 5 weeks and just started doing loight lifting this month.

Any tips/exercises i can do to streangthen it? Right now all im doing some light (10 lbs :eek: ) shoulder raises (front, side, rear) and machine shoulder press (40 lbs :eek: )

ive been doing some "rotator cuff" training (im a dumb ass, never even researched it, just think im doing it right) where i get a cable and just rotate my shoulder by brining my arm from 0 degress to 90 degrees.

Suggestions/Tips would be really helpfull!!!

My bench and military press were my best lifts and i was really proud of em and it REALLY sucks not being able to do em any more.
ive done the same exact thing. but my case was more worse

rest really. and try to just do light bodyweight or 5lb db movements.

i know there are many threads on here with pictures for that stuff im too lazy to find it right now.

took me a year to get back to decent shape

and now my left collarbone is acting up again cuz i did incline bench

Dagron

Dagron

Awards
You need to define your shoulder problems before we can begin to try to help you with rehab.... is it a rotator cuff, dislocation (anterior or posterior?), etc.... I've had these shoulder problems and more in my short athletic career and rehabbed them all with no surgery, but I can't begin to give advice if I'm not sure what specifically the problem is.

Maybe it would be easier if you start by telling us whether it's a JOINT problem (popping, grinding) or a sharp muscular pinching pain.

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
:goodpost:

I'm finishing up my Masters in PT as we speak - In order to correctly prescribe any sort of conditioning/exercises for the shoulder (non-weight) is to have a very detailed assesment of you problem - Shoulders are the only joint that does not "connect" to another joint/bone, but rather is by way of tendons, etc...

Try this - start with your hand by your side and rotate it in a 360 angle (kinda like throwing an object) and tell me what you fell. Then do it backwards. How are your internal/external rotations? Does it seem to "lock" in the AC joint area? How does your neck feel?

A Doctors visit should be planned.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You need to define your shoulder problems before we can begin to try to help you with rehab.... is it a rotator cuff, dislocation (anterior or posterior?), etc.... I've had these shoulder problems and more in my short athletic career and rehabbed them all with no surgery, but I can't begin to give advice if I'm not sure what specifically the problem is.

Maybe it would be easier if you start by telling us whether it's a JOINT problem (popping, grinding) or a sharp muscular pinching pain.
ok, just got back from my workout so i think i can give a pretty good description

When i do bench and at the bottom of my lift the soulder has a slight tweaking pain. WHen i do db raises my right shoulder kind of burns, like i have done 50 reps, but i have only done like 10. I can do decline bench with no pain

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Decline with no pain - indicates that your problem lies when your scapula is forced forward, straining your superior lateral anterior ligament (SLAP) and/or rotator cuff. An MRI is the only option to pin-point the problem - and the more your scapula is forced forward, the more of a problem it will
become. The burning sensation is due to the ligament (more than likely) being drawn away from the bone and capsule resulting in a “non-form” shape in the muscle.

Check with a Doctor bro.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
:goodpost:

I'm finishing up my Masters in PT as we speak - In order to correctly prescribe any sort of conditioning/exercises for the shoulder (non-weight) is to have a very detailed assesment of you problem - Shoulders are the only joint that does not "connect" to another joint/bone, but rather is by way of tendons, etc...

Try this - start with your hand by your side and rotate it in a 360 angle (kinda like throwing an object) and tell me what you fell. Then do it backwards. How are your internal/external rotations? Does it seem to "lock" in the AC joint area? How does your neck feel?

A Doctors visit should be planned.
so i did that rotating thing

When i rotating it forwards at the top it kinda clicks, but no pain.

WHen rotating backwards a little behind the top (like at 1 o'clock) it gives a sharp little pain, but not much

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Got an appointment with a sports doctor for this Tuesday, woot!