• 1 1/2 gallons

Votes: 82 62.6%
  • more than 2 gallons a day

Votes: 25 19.1%

• Total voters
Thaiclinch

Thaiclinch

Awards
I generally drink 12 liters per day some times as high as 15 though, I almost feel like its too much sometimes but I cant stop drinking it lol.
How much do you drink a day?

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
On a normal day I put down between 3/4gallon and 1 1/4 gallons. On a hot ass day I would say as much as 2 depending on what I have to do at work. I am never really inside much so the temp. does have a large roll.:cheers:

ManInTheBox

ManInTheBox

Awards
Depends on what I'm doing. If it's a busy day at work, I won't be able to get as much, especially if I am doing something a little labor intensive which means I will be losing water as well. Most of the time I am at least at a gallon though, easily. Last night in the movie theatre I drank about 64 oz of water in a two hour period, easily lol.

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i cut my weight in half and thats how many ounces of water i drink per day

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I used to drink 1-1.5 gals per day but I've come to discover it was making me feel fatigued. Most days I keep it at about 3/4 to 1 gal unless it's very hot.

Poseidon helps either way.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've been at about 2 gallons or more every day for the past 5 years. It's the only thing I drink except for coffee.

IainDaniel

Awards
I generally drink 12 liters per day some times as high as 15 though, I almost feel like its too much sometimes but I cant stop drinking it lol.
How much do you drink a day?
Are you sure. That is a **** load.

How do you Monitor your elecrolytes and body salts?

You can't stop drinking? Constant thirst is that not a sign of diabetes? Just a thought.

Thaiclinch

Thaiclinch

Awards
Are you sure. That is a **** load.

How do you Monitor your elecrolytes and body salts?

You can't stop drinking? Constant thirst is that not a sign of diabetes? Just a thought.
Yeah its a sign of Diabetes, but I am not diabetic, I think that I just run out of **** to do when I drive my truck so I drink H2O, I also cycle in a big gatorade to add electrolytes every 6 liters or so.

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I prefer to stack my pedialyte with my gatorade and have 100cc intravenous injection of Saline solution stacked on 2 gallons of water.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I forgot to add..I up the intake on WO days to flush out the cellular waste.

motive

motive

Awards
  • Established
with an average temperature of 125.... i have to drink atleast 2 gallons

Forster

Forster

Board Supporter
Awards
Normal Days 1 thru 1.5.

Long Training days 2+

Link24

Awards
  • Established
I read somewhere that for every 100 grams of protein you need to drink a 1/2 gallon of protein......Anyone have any feedback on this?

Thaiclinch

Thaiclinch

Awards
I read somewhere that for every 100 grams of protein you need to drink a 1/2 gallon of protein......Anyone have any feedback on this?
Thats alot of protein :trout: lol

Link24

Awards
  • Established
Hahahaha i meant 1/2 gallon of water for every 100 grams protein ...lol

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
1 to 1.5 gallons per day, plus about 3-6 small cups of coffee, plus what ever I drink at the gym, plus at least one 8oz glass with dinner, and usually another before bed.

On rest days I don't drink as much, and when I'm supplementing with things that might raise my blood pressure I cut back a little.
you cut back on water when you take things that raise your bloodpressure? why is that

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im thinking 1.5-2 gallons. sometimes I dont know I drink a lot of freaking water and dont really count. Tghats a guesstimate. The higher end of the scale.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I also take in more water on creatine days. I load creatine 30-40 grams three days strait than take four days off than repeat. Generally I try taking in a good amount of water. I guess it might be benifical to actually monitor and count water intake.

aragorn1500

aragorn1500

Awards
I drink at least two gallons, but I'm paying for it at night.
I piss like an old man with a prostate problem.

fitnecise

Awards
The body has many thirst regulation mechanisms - forcing a set amount of water in your body every day is just a dumb idea. Drink when you start to get thirsty, it knows when you need it.

IainDaniel

Awards
The body has many thirst regulation mechanisms - forcing a set amount of water in your body every day is just a dumb idea. Drink when you start to get thirsty, it knows when you need it.
Problem is the majority of the people don't know how to recognize this, and many acknowledge it as hunger.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Truthfully, I have no idea how much I take in, but it's definitely less on off days. I drink lots of milk with meals. At least 24oz with each whole-food meal. Usually about a gallon of milk ED. I tend to drink the water in between my meals. I'm guessing it's around 3/4-1.25 gallons.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Usually 3 gallons.
Thats a lot of water. I think Ill bump mine up. Might do some good. Im taking one-one and a half gallons maybe two.

There are very rare cases of people drownign there brain. i doint know how much water it takes to do this

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thats a lot of water. I think Ill bump mine up. Might do some good. Im taking one-one and a half gallons maybe two.

There are very rare cases of people drownign there brain. i doint know how much water it takes to do this
It's all about electrolyte balance. Too much water can dilute the solutes in your body leading to Hyponatremia if you're not replacing the sodium.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's all about electrolyte balance. Too much water can dilute the solutes in your body leading to Hyponatremia if you're not replacing the sodium.
how do you monitor this>?

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
how do you monitor this>?
I don't have a way. Not everybody needs that much water, I just feel like my body handles it well. I can't recommend that for anybody else, that's just the way I do it.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't have a way. Not everybody needs that much water, I just feel like my body handles it well. I can't recommend that for anybody else, that's just the way I do it.
Thanks Ill try increasing and see how it feels to my body(objectively)

KingMeso

KingMeso

Awards
  • Established
Interesting, is that a recognized formula to determine acurate H2O consumption??
As far as a formula, I've always heard take your bodyweight and multiply that x .6 and drink that many ounces a day (ex. 200 lbs. x .6 = 120 ounces).

I don't do this, but as far as a formula, that's what I've heard.

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
When I supplement with creatine or PH's its around 2gal/ed. Off of those 2 supplements its .5-1gal/d on days I work out.

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
take your body weight and / by 2.2 then X by 30. that will give you daily intake of fluid. and it will very on how much work,exercise,or the temp outside.

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
one would have to drink about 90oz at one sitting to drown the brain.

drguitar78

drguitar78

Awards
I also take in more water on creatine days. I load creatine 30-40 grams three days strait than take four days off than repeat. Generally I try taking in a good amount of water. I guess it might be benifical to actually monitor and count water intake.
how can you be "all natural" if you take creatine?

IINadsII

IINadsII

Awards
1-1.5 a day.. i sit at a desk for 8 hrs a day so its not to hard..

nelix

Awards
  • Established
Right now about 6lt... I blame BA and my whole egg diet... And having water always visible (which motivates me to drink it)

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
2 gallons a day folks easy carry a gallon always refill or buy as needed!

terracotta

terracotta

Awards
1 gallon including the milk I drink but I only take creatine on workout days now. When I used to take it every day I was constantly thirsty and drank about half a gallon more.

Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

Awards
I've got no idea about how much, in terms of gallons. But I'd say i drink between 2-2.5liters a day. Since i'm short (164cm) that's a pretty good effort!

i've heard of physique / fitness girls that drink 9 liters a day....crazy! It's a great way tho, drinking a lot of water, it helps with losing water weight.....yeah?

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
1 gallon, which for me is roughly 1oz per pound bodyweight

Donny1985

Awards
but the thirst suggests that your body is already dehydrated, you should anticipate your thirst and prevent it not react to it once it's already set in.

there's a fine line between forcing unneccessary amounts of water into your body and properly loading your body with enough h2o to last the day.