- 08-14-2007, 11:17 PM
Hey guys, I'm scared,
I just got blood work done, annual type of thing, never touched gear,
test was normal at 495
creatine kinase, average range around 50-190
mine = 1396.
I'm seeing a lot of things online like kidney failure, brain tumor, muscular disease, scary scary things, so i am not feeling good about 1396.
Oh and I have about 1g protein per pound of body, (185) so its not overdoing it. And i dont beat myself up at the gym, and i drink at least a gal of water a day,
Any feedback would be EXTREMELY greatful,
- 08-15-2007, 01:05 PM
Creatine kinase is simply an enzyme that converts creatine to phosphocreatine with the simultaneous production of ADP from ATP. High blood levels indicate muscle breakdown since this enzyme is found primarily in skeletal muscle. It could mean that you are not recovering from workouts, which could be the result of many things. To rule out kidney problems, have some test done specifically for the kidneys, such as those that determine glomerular filtration rate. GFR will determine how well your kidneys are functioning. You also may need to up your protein depending on the intensity and frequency of your workouts. I could go on and on, but I won't.
Similar Forum Threads
- By tnubs in forum Training ForumReplies: 5Last Post: 10-29-2012, 09:42 PM
- By ralph4u2c in forum SupplementsReplies: 3Last Post: 08-08-2012, 07:11 PM
- By ChaseRoy in forum SupplementsReplies: 11Last Post: 07-18-2008, 06:16 PM
- By spinn in forum Male Anti-Aging MedicineReplies: 10Last Post: 05-18-2007, 10:06 AM
- By scotty2 in forum SupplementsReplies: 10Last Post: 11-25-2002, 09:44 AM