Too LITTLE estrogen

Arzi75

Awards
Hey anyone know how to get your estrogen up? I had my labs done two weeks ago and had the results back today - my estrogen (estradiol) is way too low - any way to naturally fix that?

I was actually thinking that my estrogen was too high, because I have had some gyno issues, so I have been using some ATDs and other AIs quite extensively during the last year and a half, but kind of started suspecting something like this might be up some time ago as my joints have been aching real bad for the last 3 or 4 months with no signs of stopping.

I took JW about a month ago, but had to stop taking it as my knees became so sore I had trouble walking. After that I have not been taking any AIs, but before that took some aromatase inhibitors like for 4 months in a row with no break which looking back was not so smart. I thought my estrogen levels should have recovered already by now, but according to the test results, they have not.

Any advice on how to jumpstart my estrogen back on track?

Thanks, guys!

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
DHEA might be worth looking into @ 25-50/day. Also some of the herbal based test boosters not only raise test but estrogen also.

Arzi75

Awards
I live in Finland and the supplement and drugs laws are similar to the restrictions they have in Canada, so no DHEA is available OTC, prescription only, but I think my GP could prescribe me either DHEA or pregnenolone, I suppose, to get my DHEA/estrogen going.

Hmmm, what do you recommend oral or transdermal, I suppose both DHEA and pregnenolone come in both forms?

Thanks again.

Arzi75

Awards
What about SERMs like Nolva? If your estrogen is too low from taking too many AIs, can a SERM serve to correct the situation or just make it worse by further lowering your estrogen?

I think I saw a post somewhere that you should take a SERM with your AIs to counter the sides associated with AIs, but not sure if it is of any use once your estrogen is already too low?

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
Oral is fine but before noon is optimal with DHEA.

SwolE Mammoth

SwolE Mammoth

Awards
duuuuuddeeee. how was your sex drive during all of this? mannnn. estrogen is important just like test. It will take the same amount of time that you supressed it to get back to normal. how was your mind and body feeling during this time? I ask, because I ran Nolva for 3 months to get rid of gyno and my mind/sex drive was all ****ed up.

Arzi75

Awards
I ask, because I ran Nolva for 3 months to get rid of gyno and my mind/sex drive was all ****ed up.
Well, I'm talking about around 6 months of non-stop ATD and/or 3-OHAT. Just stopped about two months ago and tried to run a cycle of JW - did not work out. Have not touched any AIs for a month now and had my blood work just back, but things are not looking so good.

My knees and other joints to some extent, have gotten to so bad a shape it's getting ridiculous, sex drive - U kidding!

Also have my blood lipid (HDL/LDL) profile all skewed - I basically have zero mmols/l of HDL left!

It will take the same amount of time that you supressed it to get back to normal
So it took you 3 months to recover? So, it will take me 6 months? Great!

Truth be told I'm so desperate, that I'm willing to wait that 6 months to recover from this as now I feel like my estro/HDL etc. will not ever get back to normal. Hope they do, though, as you are right - estrogen is just as needed as test.

If my estro levels are this low one month after stopping the ATD, I wonder if I had any during the 6 or so months. If a product says "eradicates estrogen", does your estrogen really drop to zero?

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dhea!!!!!!!!

Arzi75

Awards
I'm curious
what was your testosterone level ?
Not sure if if tells you anything but it was a little low - around 12 nmol/l. That's on a scale of 10-38 nmol/l to give you a clue.

A couple of notches lower, and the doc would have prescibed me TRT, I guess.

Arzi75

Awards
Hey TripDog, we are not talking about elevating T - I think for lifting up my estrogen levels, it might actually work?

Not sure though, never tried. It's a shame I had only T, E and cortisol levels along with the basic blood panel and lipids checked, would have been curious to know my DHEA and SHBG, too.

Al Shades

Al Shades

Awards
Hey TripDog, we are not talking about elevating T - I think for lifting up my estrogen levels, it might actually work?

Not sure though, never tried. It's a shame I had only T, E and cortisol levels along with the basic blood panel and lipids checked, would have been curious to know my DHEA and SHBG, too.
Could you please post those stats? It would be extremely useful to have some point of reference.

I'm sitting here looking at my own results and don't fully know what to make of them.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
dhea aromatizes more than it reduces(once and if it does actually make the conversion to test)im pretty shure...yea post your bloodwork!!