extremely efficient metabolisms?

1. Registered User
    Answers

extremely efficient metabolisms?

I swore I seen a thread a few months back, maybe 6 months ago or so that had a discussion about how some people have really efficient metabolisms. Meaning they utilize the amount of food they eat far better than most people are able to utilize it.

And as I was comparing my diet and routine and what not to some of my buddies who do shows and are also serious about bb'ing it had me thinking. I'm bigger than both of my buddies are, both in size, and the amount of muscle, and strength. (not bragging, just stating because it's important to where I'm headed with this)

I'm just as lean as both of them however, we are all in the single digit bf's. I'm not around 6 percent anymore unfortunately, I'm at 8.5 now, but I'm ok with that. There around the same. They are both about 175-180lbs though. While I'm at 210-215.

Now this is what gets me. You would think that with me being larger than them, I would need to eat more than they do to maintain what I have, and to even grow on top of that. However the opposite is true. Even at 210-215, I can still keep putting on weight and size on only 3k cals a day. And that is the amount that they take in when they are actually cutting. Not even bulking or looking to put on weight, but actually dieting. Does that seem strange that they can diet on what I can gain with?

2. Registered User
    Answers

That just shows how everyone is different and unique. You simply don't burn as many calories as they do..even with more weight, size, mass. I wish I could gain on such low calories.....food gets expensive!!
  3. Registered User
    Answers

You're right about that, grocery bills tend to get pretty high. But I mean when you really think about it, what would you rather have as a problem. Not being able to eat very much, or having to eat too much?
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

Yea I like to eat! Even when dieting hard I dont get very hungry as my cals dont go real low....just tired more so than anything. When trying to gain though I have to eat quite a bit and sometimes it gets to be a pain to intake that much food....its fine on most days, but days that my schedule is busy it gets hard to find time to eat...but i manager one way or another.
  5. Registered User
    Answers

Yah, when I bulk I literally have to take appetite suppresants to keep me from eating TOO much, because it hardly takes any cals for me to gain size and mass.
  6. Registered User
    Answers

Is your training as intense as theirs? Do you do less cardio or anything? Those 2 might count for 500-1000 cals added to their daily needs.
  7. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

I wish I didn't have to clip to 1400 cal a day to cut
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  8. Registered User
    Answers

I'd rather have to eat more to gain. To the OP - Sounds as though your metabolism might be a bit slow - ever have it checked?
  9. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

I need to get thyroid levels checked next blood test. I turn 40 this year, so I should be able to talk my doctor into more in depth testing
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  10. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by eatingisfun View Post
    Is your training as intense as theirs? Do you do less cardio or anything? Those 2 might count for 500-1000 cals added to their daily needs.
    More intense, and more cardio. One of them actually has to not do cardio otherwise he'll lose too much too fast.

As far as having my metabolism tested, what does that consist of. I mean I'm sure mine is slower than the average person, everybody in my family is overweight, that's how my family tree is laid out, but even if it is slower than the average person, what are they gonna do for me about it? Just tell me "yah, it's slow, deal with it" basically probably. Which is true, it just means that I have a harder time dieting than a normal person would, it doesn't mean it's impossible, it just means I have to work harder at it than the average person does I guess

Yah, i'm a glass half full kind of person
  11. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MakaveliThaDon View Post
    You're right about that, grocery bills tend to get pretty high. But I mean when you really think about it, what would you rather have as a problem. Not being able to eat very much, or having to eat too much?
    I'd rather have neither.

The people who need to eat lots to gain tend to have digestive problems. It isn't fun. How about 3kcal/day to maintain 135 lbs. <10%BF at 5'11? Sound like fun? That's me. High Test, High Cortisol, depleted serotonin and neurotransmitters.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    I need to get thyroid levels checked next blood test. I turn 40 this year, so I should be able to talk my doctor into more in depth testing
    It isn't just thyroid. You should get a neuro-adrenal profile. Too many people and doctors ignore adrenal function. You can have a testing kit mailed to you.

https://www.neurorelief.com/
  12. Registered User
    Answers

3kcal and you gain at 210?? 3kcal is maintenance for me at 160lb, believe me its a pain...
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Metabolic Powder - extreme bloating, gas, constipation
    By bakerwil in forum Enhanced Body Formulations
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-31-2013, 08:13 PM
  2. Extreme Supplementation: UA
    By YellowJacket in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-18-2003, 11:52 PM
  3. Going with the extreme dose
    By Aneas in forum Anabolics