thoughts on my new clean bulk diet (reps)

  1. New Member
    WEEZYFBABY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    23
    Posts
    277
    Rep Power
    233
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    81.96%

    Smile thoughts on my new clean bulk diet (reps)


    hey check out log to know more about me i am currently

    5'10'' 152lbs around 12-16% BF, i am basically pretty weak

    bench max: 155
    overhead press: 100
    squat: 275

    those are most recent maxs, but they were done while on low carb. diet so they are probably lower my goal is to get 210lbs bench, 135 overhead and 310lbs squat off this clean bulk here is diet


    meal 1: 8 egg whites 2 whole eggs, 2/3 cup oatmeal or oatmeal pancakes(1 cup oatmeal and 5 egg whites w/ sugar free syrup

    meal 2: 2 chicken breasts, some kind of veggie and brown rice

    meal 3: PWO 2 scoops ON 100% whey w/ 2 tablespoon honey

    meal 4: some kind of lean meal, serving of fruit, and some more veggies

    meal 5: protein shake (lean body carb. watch has 40g protein)

    meal 6: glass of milk with another meat and some more veggies

    meal 7: pre-bed cottage cheese w/ cinnamon

    (IF YOU HAVE A GOOD STRENGTH GAINING LIFT PLAN LET ME KNOW PLEASE REPS WILL BE GIVEN!)

  2. Idiot Savant
    prld2gr8ns's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    34
    Posts
    10,499
    Rep Power
    61216
    Level
    72
    Lv. Percent
    92.05%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Add in a pure carb source for meals 3,5, and 6. Some more oats for the shakes, or wheat cereal and perhaps a good starch for 6 something along the lines of wheat pasta or a sweet potato. Other then that it looks pretty good.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!


  3. New Member
    IainDaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    241
    Rep Power
    254
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    1.51%

    Cals/ Macros?

    What was your diet like prior to this?

    Add more EFA's
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    WEEZYFBABY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    23
    Posts
    277
    Rep Power
    233
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    81.96%

    Quote Originally Posted by prld2gr8ns View Post
    Add in a pure carb source for meals 3,5, and 6. Some more oats for the shakes, or wheat cereal and perhaps a good starch for 6 something along the lines of wheat pasta or a sweet potato. Other then that it looks pretty good.

    thanks man!

    hows this look?

    meal 1: 8 egg whites 3 whole eggs, 2/3 cup oatmeal w/ some type of berry (1/2 cup of berry)

    meal 2: 2 chicken breasts, some kind of veggie(1 cup) and brown rice(3/4 cup), 1 tablespoon natty pb

    meal 3: PWO 2 scoops ON 100% whey w/ 2 tablespoon honey, banana

    meal 4: some kind of lean meal, serving of fruit, and some more veggies

    meal 5: glass of 2% milk with another meat and some more veggies, with either sweet potato or brown rice with a handful of walnuts or peanuts or almonds some type of nut

    meal 6: protein , with 1/2 cup oats(lean body carb. watch has 40g protein)

    meal 7: pre-bed cottage cheese w/ cinnamon, another glass of 2% milk
  5. New Member
    WEEZYFBABY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    23
    Posts
    277
    Rep Power
    233
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    81.96%

    Quote Originally Posted by IainDaniel View Post
    Cals/ Macros?

    What was your diet like prior to this?

    Add more EFA's
    the cals macros are around 2600 and macros 40/34/26 around

    my diet prior to this was a low carb. KETO diet macros were
    55%fat+40%protein+5%carbs around 1900 cals


    what are EFA's? essential fatty acids?
  6. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,727
    Rep Power
    1317324
    Level
    94
    Lv. Percent
    28.84%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by WEEZYFBABY View Post
    the cals macros are around 2600 and macros 40/34/26 around

    my diet prior to this was a low carb. KETO diet macros were
    55%fat+40%protein+5%carbs around 1900 cals


    what are EFA's? essential fatty acids?
    Yes, EFA's are essential fatty acids. Throw in some avocados with your 2nd or 4th meal and some PB before you go to bed.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  7. New Member
    WEEZYFBABY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    23
    Posts
    277
    Rep Power
    233
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    81.96%

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Yes, EFA's are essential fatty acids. Throw in some avocados with your 2nd or 4th meal and some PB before you go to bed.
    its good to have EFA's before bed?
  8. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,727
    Rep Power
    1317324
    Level
    94
    Lv. Percent
    28.84%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by WEEZYFBABY View Post
    its good to have EFA's before bed?
    Yes, they help to slow down protein digestion and supply the body with protein throughout sleep. If your kcal consumption is good, then EFAs before bed will help with recovery and hormonal support.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  9. Professional Member
    Cellardude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,348
    Rep Power
    32273
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    2.95%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    throw in some PB like someone said for your last meal. looks alright to me tho!
  10. New Member
    drewh10987's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    479
    Rep Power
    30340
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    18.05%

    Make sure its natty peanut butter. I'm sure you already knew that, but just wanted to make sure.
  11. New Member
    WEEZYFBABY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    23
    Posts
    277
    Rep Power
    233
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    81.96%

    outa rep power guys sorry will rep last few of you when i get it



    THINKING OF STOPPING BULKING I JUST FEEL FAT!
    two days ago i weighed in at 152 tonight although it was on low carb and i weighed in during the morning i now weigh 161!!!!!!!!
  12. Professional Member
    Cellardude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,348
    Rep Power
    32273
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    2.95%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    lol probably water weight. and you most likely weighed yourself in the morning when you weighed in at 152 and at night with the 161. trust me you dont gain that much lean weight in one day. if you give up now it means that you were never determined to change up your diet in the first place.
  13. New Member
    WEEZYFBABY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    23
    Posts
    277
    Rep Power
    233
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    81.96%

    Quote Originally Posted by Cellardude View Post
    lol probably water weight. and you most likely weighed yourself in the morning when you weighed in at 152 and at night with the 161. trust me you dont gain that much lean weight in one day. if you give up now it means that you were never determined to change up your diet in the first place.
    ok thanks guys i wont give up this easily thanks for opening my eyes and cellardude i already said i weighed 152 in morning and on low carb. and now its after meal and with carbs. i will weigh in tom. morning thanks!
  14. Professional Member
    Cellardude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,348
    Rep Power
    32273
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    2.95%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    haha. no problem brutha. I had the same problem when i first started. I was ready to quit when I saw myself get fat. It was getting close to prom (3 weeks away) and i saw myself gain a lot of excess weight. I didnt stop my bulk but i cut down on some cal by a lil and it went out smoothly. Im back to my regular bulk now and im not so picky about gaining fat. after all bulking will result in fat. it just depends on how clean your diet is. keep it up brutha.
  15. New Member
    WEEZYFBABY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    23
    Posts
    277
    Rep Power
    233
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    81.96%

    ^thanks here is what i ate today and cals / macros
    meal 1: 2/3 cup oatmeal 5 egg whites
    meal 2: two scoops ON 100%whey 3 tablespoons honey
    meal 3: 2 chicken breasts
    meal 4: tuna sandwich and a FEW chips 2 glasses of milk
    meal 5: 2 normal size bagels and 1 small on and on one normal was cream cheese other was egg whites
    meal 6: mixed veggies and a slow digesting protein shake and a tablespoon natty pb

    ok here it is 2434 cals macros are 41%protein 37%carb.21%fat
  16. Professional Member
    Cellardude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,348
    Rep Power
    32273
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    2.95%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    moree protein!! i think meal one could be a lil heavier. I eat 3 egg whites 2 whole eggs 8 ounces of cut chicken and a slice of wheat bread with PB. but that's just me :P looks like meal one could use a lil more protien imo.
  17. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,727
    Rep Power
    1317324
    Level
    94
    Lv. Percent
    28.84%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Cellardude View Post
    moree protein!! i think meal one could be a lil heavier. I eat 3 egg whites 2 whole eggs 8 ounces of cut chicken and a slice of wheat bread with PB. but that's just me :P looks like meal one could use a lil more protien imo.
    He weighs about 150ish and he consumed about 250g of protein. If anything, he should increase his carbohydrate consumption by about 50 grams.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  18. New Member
    WEEZYFBABY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    23
    Posts
    277
    Rep Power
    233
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    81.96%

    Quote Originally Posted by Cellardude View Post
    moree protein!! i think meal one could be a lil heavier. I eat 3 egg whites 2 whole eggs 8 ounces of cut chicken and a slice of wheat bread with PB. but that's just me :P looks like meal one could use a lil more protien imo.
    i usually have 6 whites 2 whole and 1/2 cup oatmeal, but today i made oatmeal pancakes and thats what recipe called for they are amazin if you want recipe lemme kno ill dig it up
  19. Professional Member
    Cellardude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,348
    Rep Power
    32273
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    2.95%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    awesome. lol whats the recipe called for? ive been dying to try some new food. reg eggs are getting boring. i gotta spread a crapload of hotsauce on mine.
  20. New Member
    WEEZYFBABY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    23
    Posts
    277
    Rep Power
    233
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    81.96%

    Quote Originally Posted by Cellardude View Post
    awesome. lol whats the recipe called for? ive been dying to try some new food. reg eggs are getting
    boring. i gotta spread a crapload of hotsauce on mine.
    your in for a treat then here it is

    PROTEIN OATMEAL PANCAKES!
    ingrediants: 2/3 cup oatmeal
    5 egg whites
    2 packets splenda
    cinamin
    blender

    step 1: put oatmeal and egg whites and 1 pack splenda into blender and blend to it becomes slightly liquidy
    step 2: pour on skillet/ frying pan like a normal pancake
    step 3: after done cookin the pancake sprinkle the other packet on top along with the cinamin and if you want add some sugar free syrup!

    TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK AFTER YOU HAVE THEM TOM.
  21. Idiot Savant
    prld2gr8ns's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    34
    Posts
    10,499
    Rep Power
    61216
    Level
    72
    Lv. Percent
    92.05%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    He weighs about 150ish and he consumed about 250g of protein. If anything, he should increase his carbohydrate consumption by about 50 grams.
    agreed, at 150 and those kcals gains should come if patient enough. Anything else, just throw some oats in meal 2.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!


  22. Professional Member
    Cellardude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,348
    Rep Power
    32273
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    2.95%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    ah ill try it tomorrow. I just made some french toast today. It tasted awesome.
  23. New Member
    WEEZYFBABY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    23
    Posts
    277
    Rep Power
    233
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    81.96%

    Quote Originally Posted by prld2gr8ns View Post
    agreed, at 150 and those kcals gains should come if patient enough. Anything else, just throw some oats in meal 2.
    aight thanks man!
  24. New Member
    WEEZYFBABY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    23
    Posts
    277
    Rep Power
    233
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    81.96%

    Quote Originally Posted by Cellardude View Post
    ah ill try it tomorrow. I just made some french toast today. It tasted awesome.
    yeh french toast is hard to beat, but make sure u use sugar free syrup this stuff is good for you and tastes great!
  25. Professional Member
    Cellardude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,348
    Rep Power
    32273
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    2.95%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    yeah. I finished all my maple syrup. I got it like last year when i went to canada. Stuff was awesome. I ate the french toast plain. sorta needed the extra zing of sweetners but it was still alright.
  26. New Member
    WEEZYFBABY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    23
    Posts
    277
    Rep Power
    233
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    81.96%

    ok today's diet sucked but wuteva

    meal 1: 6 egg whites 2 whole eggs 1 cup oatmeal
    meal 2: double hamburger
    meal 3: PWO 2 scoops ON 100% whey, 2 tablespoons honey
    meal 4: two huge steaks!
    meal 5: a little spaghetti and a plain bagel
    meal 6: tablespoon natty pb, quesadilla w/ whey tortialla (small)

    2473 34p/33c/31f
  27. New Member
    WEEZYFBABY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    23
    Posts
    277
    Rep Power
    233
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    81.96%

    Quote Originally Posted by Cellardude View Post
    yeah. I finished all my maple syrup. I got it like last year when i went to canada. Stuff was awesome. I ate the french toast plain. sorta needed the extra zing of sweetners but it was still alright.
    try da pancakes yet???


    me after my protein oatmeal pancakes!
  28. New Member
    drewh10987's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    479
    Rep Power
    30340
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    18.05%

    I just realized you were 16. It's impressive that you even care enough to count calories and watch your diet at that age.
  29. New Member
    WEEZYFBABY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    23
    Posts
    277
    Rep Power
    233
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    81.96%

    ^ya im only 16, and counting calories is hard, but easiest way to see what i need or dont need to eat, which equals me getting bigger!
  30. New Member
    WEEZYFBABY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    23
    Posts
    277
    Rep Power
    233
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    81.96%

    im thinking bout getting a eliptical and a bench or jus an eliptical thoughts?
  31. New Member
    WEEZYFBABY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    23
    Posts
    277
    Rep Power
    233
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    81.96%

    thoughts on a subway 6 inch double meat sweet onion chicken teryoki


    macros 480 cals, 7g fat, 65g carb., 43g protein


    sounds good to me?
  32. New Member
    Thaiclinch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    99
    Rep Power
    145
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    14.59%

    I have an elliptical and a tredamill at my house and I love it, but Im sort of a cardio freak, I also have some free weights there. One thing when considering an elliptical is that the lower price range ones will put your legs and hips into an un natural position that is not at all similiar to the way a person actually runs/walks. Of course there are some out there under the $1000 range that will feel okay but in my 4years of experince in selling fitness equipment you need to be able to try the piece out before you buy it and hopefully the company you get it from will grant you a 30-60 day inhome trial so you can actually get some use and decide if thats whats right for you. Now ellipticals put your body into a "fixed" position and thats not a good thing because everyone doensnt walk/run the same first of all make sure that the istance BETWEEN the pedals is less than 3" apart this is called the "Q" factor. If you go out and run in the sand and than go back and look at your foot prints you will see that you run almost foot over foot with a 1-3" gap between your feet, especially at your age you dont want to go any wider than 3". Also make sure that the stride feels comfortable it shouldnt feel like a choppy walk but more like your running.
    IMO A treadmill is the best way to go unless money is no object than I would go with Octane ellipticals there the only generation 3 ellips on the market. Having a wide/long running surface accomidates users of all sizes and running patterns.
    Hope this helps and sorry I was so long winded, any questions feel free to ask.
  33. New Member
    WEEZYFBABY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    23
    Posts
    277
    Rep Power
    233
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    81.96%

    Quote Originally Posted by Thaiclinch View Post
    I have an elliptical and a tredamill at my house and I love it, but Im sort of a cardio freak, I also have some free weights there. One thing when considering an elliptical is that the lower price range ones will put your legs and hips into an un natural position that is not at all similiar to the way a person actually runs/walks. Of course there are some out there under the $1000 range that will feel okay but in my 4years of experince in selling fitness equipment you need to be able to try the piece out before you buy it and hopefully the company you get it from will grant you a 30-60 day inhome trial so you can actually get some use and decide if thats whats right for you. Now ellipticals put your body into a "fixed" position and thats not a good thing because everyone doensnt walk/run the same first of all make sure that the istance BETWEEN the pedals is less than 3" apart this is called the "Q" factor. If you go out and run in the sand and than go back and look at your foot prints you will see that you run almost foot over foot with a 1-3" gap between your feet, especially at your age you dont want to go any wider than 3". Also make sure that the stride feels comfortable it shouldnt feel like a choppy walk but more like your running.
    IMO A treadmill is the best way to go unless money is no object than I would go with Octane ellipticals there the only generation 3 ellips on the market. Having a wide/long running surface accomidates users of all sizes and running patterns.
    Hope this helps and sorry I was so long winded, any questions feel free to ask.
    thanks man thats awesome feedback, im looking for an eliptical b/c that what i do at the gym and i like it better than tredmill, but what your saying is making me think twice, im thinking bout getting one used i am only 16 lol kind of poor and parents just bought me a brand new car so they wont buy it....
  34. New Member
    WEEZYFBABY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    23
    Posts
    277
    Rep Power
    233
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    81.96%

    Pics!!!!!!!


    here are some current pics from tonight 2 weeks into bulk and no i wasnt "skinny" before da bulk so i didnt screw up. But i was around 14%BF and still weighed 153 at 5'10'' so i did and pretty much still do have hardly any muscle mass thoughts on pics????
    Attached Images Attached Images       
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. thoughts on my bulking diet
    By mkretz in forum Bulking
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-14-2010, 05:01 AM
  2. Thoughts on my New stack ASAP! im ordering it today
    By brownstown89 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-22-2009, 09:26 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-11-2008, 02:15 PM
  4. thoughts on my new clean bulk diet (reps)
    By WEEZYFBABY in forum Bulking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-14-2007, 04:57 AM
  5. My new Lean/Bulk Diet**Ideas/advice plz
    By ssor1005 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-14-2006, 10:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in