Allergic to alcohol. Serious Q inside.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Ok, so my GF is allergic to alcohol apparently. She drinks liquor and gets a slight outbreak of hives i guess? face get a lil blotchy and red. She knows it too. I was just curious as to if there were any long term effects in relation to "activating" the reaction of time? Not the effects of alcohol. IF hard to understand i can try to explain more clearly...

Thanks guys.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
...haha yea? WOW...i take it that is common?

also bishop, i appreciate any serious response, but don't turn my thread into a flame fest please...be kind to me and i will to you.

bishop17

Banned
Awards
Yeah there missing an enzyme that can brake down alcohol effectively...Its actulally poisonious at that point I believe,.....

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
It's pretty common my ex was half asian and had the same reaction to alcohol.

bishop17

Banned
Awards
not sure about the long term effects though......I 'm pretty sure alcohol does more damage to them then other people.......

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
oh ok. Wow that's crazy. Appreciate the kind response guys. Bishop i'll rep you for being curtious. you too Rivet just becasue you're here. haha

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'd assume its never a good idea to put something into your body that its allergic to. My mom is a cilliac(sp?) so she can't have wheat products. It will actually do damage to the organs.

bishop17

Banned
Awards
I'm not a 100% sure but I think they now have a supplement that you can take before you drink that will actually help metabolize the alcohol faster...........

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
I'm not a 100% sure but I think they now have a supplement that you can take before you drink that will actually help metabolize the alcohol faster...........

IF you could try to link me or direct me i would appreciate it greatly. If not no biggie.

texxlnghorn

Awards
Most asians have this. It's no big deal. You can just tell when they have been drinking.