Shin Splint & this is what the Doc gave me

Ziv

Ziv

Carlos Hath****
Awards
I got shin splint prob, but i keep running for another week and the pain at my ankle start to come up. I feel the pain even when i walk, whole lot of ice didnt help my problem as well. Now i totally stop my cardio session and i went to the doc. He gave me Voren(diclofenac sodium) and Magnesium Trisilicate(contain aluminium hydroxide). I can understand he gave me the Voren, but i cant figure out why he gave me the Magnesium Trisilicate. Anyone knows about this? As far as i understand, this stuff is for indigestion.:welcome:

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
bump.

I get shin splints bad too. I just have to cut down on running and subsitute other cardio.

KSMA

KSMA

Awards
best way to fix the problem is find a shoe store that uses a foot scanner. most new balance stores have them. anyways they scan your foot and give you a running shoe that is designed to support your foot type, either a stability, motion control, or standard i believe are the options. I used to get shin splints real bad, used braces and all sorts of stuff for em and nothing worked. I went to basic training and they used the foot scanning thing to get us PT shoes, been running in them since and i havent had a single shin splint problem since then. The shoes run about 70-100 bucks depending on style,size, etc. but it is def. worth the money.

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
its also a treatment for calf muscle cramps. however, when associated with pregnancy.

lazerss9

Awards
I got shin splint prob, but i keep running for another week and the pain at my ankle start to come up. I feel the pain even when i walk, whole lot of ice didnt help my problem as well. Now i totally stop my cardio session and i went to the doc. He gave me Voren(diclofenac sodium) and Magnesium Trisilicate(contain aluminium hydroxide). I can understand he gave me the Voren, but i cant figure out why he gave me the Magnesium Trisilicate. Anyone knows about this? As far as i understand, this stuff is for indigestion.:welcome:
i dont no if u got an xray and/or mri, but i had shin splints, kept running(was doin x-country) and it turned into a stress fracture. my general practitioner told me that this isnt possible, but i went and got an mri, and sure enough, there was a hair line crack. the foot doc told me that if i would have kept running it could have completed and actually broken my leg.

besides the shoe thing, the foot doc said to run on grass or other soft surfaces and build up your mileage really, really slow. i think he said something like add 2 miles/week. just my 2 cents

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
i get pretty intense shin pain as soon as i start to run to. i find the elliptical machine is great because there is no impact like there is during normal running.

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
I am also prone to shin splints from running (treadmill and outdoors). Learnt to love the elliptical and the bike, but it doesn't quite give the same euphoric feeling as a nice run does.

Motox

Awards
  • Established
I tape the arches of my feet and go a bit past my ankle and that helps a lot. whenever I take mass fx I get the worst shin splints

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
they do suck..i get them about 2 inches up from my ankle..i run pretty much everyday....i do both sprints,and distance....i put an extra insole in my running kicks/dogs and that really helped.....i also will not run in anything but nike shox.....even tho most people advise against nike...whatever....i had to take some time off from splints......it sucks...i did mega reasearch on the subject,yet there is little data to offer any assistance..

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I tape the arches of my feet and go a bit past my ankle and that helps a lot. whenever I take mass fx I get the worst shin splints
mass fx???? that is just a natty test booster...seriously doubt it is effecting your splints!!!!!!!!!!...test will not do that?

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
ok.....ugggghhhhh asian babe is a dude...:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:...dude your sad to post as a chick,and talk like one........and be a guy...wtf..or at least your myspace says your a guy.....

Motox

Awards
  • Established
lol. Maybe its not mass fx but ive used it three times and i have gotten shin splints in the same spot maybe its coincidence. I just cant get that EUPHORIC running feeling when I have them lol

Ziv

Ziv

Carlos Hath****
Awards
i like running, bike and other cardio machine doesnt give me the same feeling. But i guess in the mean time i need to take a week off the running. Anybody knows about the magnesium trisilicate stuff?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
KingAnt Injury / Rehab 0
KingAnt Injury / Rehab 18
KingAnt Injury / Rehab 0
KingAnt Injury / Rehab 2
KingAnt Injury / Rehab 0