Shin Splint & this is what the Doc gave me

1. Carlos Hath****
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.48%

Smile Shin Splint & this is what the Doc gave me

I got shin splint prob, but i keep running for another week and the pain at my ankle start to come up. I feel the pain even when i walk, whole lot of ice didnt help my problem as well. Now i totally stop my cardio session and i went to the doc. He gave me Voren(diclofenac sodium) and Magnesium Trisilicate(contain aluminium hydroxide). I can understand he gave me the Voren, but i cant figure out why he gave me the Magnesium Trisilicate. Anyone knows about this? As far as i understand, this stuff is for indigestion.

2. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.17%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

bump.

I get shin splints bad too. I just have to cut down on running and subsitute other cardio.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  216 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.18%

best way to fix the problem is find a shoe store that uses a foot scanner. most new balance stores have them. anyways they scan your foot and give you a running shoe that is designed to support your foot type, either a stability, motion control, or standard i believe are the options. I used to get shin splints real bad, used braces and all sorts of stuff for em and nothing worked. I went to basic training and they used the foot scanning thing to get us PT shoes, been running in them since and i havent had a single shin splint problem since then. The shoes run about 70-100 bucks depending on style,size, etc. but it is def. worth the money.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  256 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.19%
    Achievements Posting Pro

its also a treatment for calf muscle cramps. however, when associated with pregnancy.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.56%

Quote Originally Posted by Ziv View Post
    I got shin splint prob, but i keep running for another week and the pain at my ankle start to come up. I feel the pain even when i walk, whole lot of ice didnt help my problem as well. Now i totally stop my cardio session and i went to the doc. He gave me Voren(diclofenac sodium) and Magnesium Trisilicate(contain aluminium hydroxide). I can understand he gave me the Voren, but i cant figure out why he gave me the Magnesium Trisilicate. Anyone knows about this? As far as i understand, this stuff is for indigestion.
    i dont no if u got an xray and/or mri, but i had shin splints, kept running(was doin x-country) and it turned into a stress fracture. my general practitioner told me that this isnt possible, but i went and got an mri, and sure enough, there was a hair line crack. the foot doc told me that if i would have kept running it could have completed and actually broken my leg.

besides the shoe thing, the foot doc said to run on grass or other soft surfaces and build up your mileage really, really slow. i think he said something like add 2 miles/week. just my 2 cents
  6. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.44%
    Achievements Posting Pro

i get pretty intense shin pain as soon as i start to run to. i find the elliptical machine is great because there is no impact like there is during normal running.
  7. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.44%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I am also prone to shin splints from running (treadmill and outdoors). Learnt to love the elliptical and the bike, but it doesn't quite give the same euphoric feeling as a nice run does.
  8. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.5%

I tape the arches of my feet and go a bit past my ankle and that helps a lot. whenever I take mass fx I get the worst shin splints
  9. Bananas
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.72%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

they do suck..i get them about 2 inches up from my ankle..i run pretty much everyday....i do both sprints,and distance....i put an extra insole in my running kicks/dogs and that really helped.....i also will not run in anything but nike shox.....even tho most people advise against nike...whatever....i had to take some time off from splints......it sucks...i did mega reasearch on the subject,yet there is little data to offer any assistance..
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  10. Bananas
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.72%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Motox View Post
    I tape the arches of my feet and go a bit past my ankle and that helps a lot. whenever I take mass fx I get the worst shin splints
    mass fx???? that is just a natty test booster...seriously doubt it is effecting your splints!!!!!!!!!!...test will not do that?
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  11. Bananas
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.72%

ok.....ugggghhhhh asian babe is a dude... ...dude your sad to post as a chick,and talk like one........and be a guy...wtf..or at least your myspace says your a guy.....
  12. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.5%

lol. Maybe its not mass fx but ive used it three times and i have gotten shin splints in the same spot maybe its coincidence. I just cant get that EUPHORIC running feeling when I have them lol
  13. Carlos Hath****
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.48%

i like running, bike and other cardio machine doesnt give me the same feeling. But i guess in the mean time i need to take a week off the running. Anybody knows about the magnesium trisilicate stuff?

Similar Forum Threads

1. This is what makes the stuff dangerous!!!
    By A_I_Sports_Nutrition in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-12-2007, 11:30 AM
  2. This Is What's Wrong With The World !!!
    By anabolicrhino in forum Politics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-23-2007, 12:05 PM
  3. Yes , this is whats wrong with the world!!!
    By anabolicrhino in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-28-2007, 02:20 PM
  4. this is what happens you don't rotate
    By glenihan in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 01-03-2006, 06:15 PM
  5. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-07-2002, 05:02 AM