Pro and Cons of my new diet...

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by PumpingIron View Post
    Why? I'm getting enough fats from the olive oil, almonds and fish oil.

Why more veggies?
    You want to get more Omega 3 fatty acids. I didn't see the Fishoil in your original post.

Typical north american diets are abundant in n6 compared to n3.

Why not Veggies? They will help with digestion. Provide excellent antioxidants. Minimum I would think 4 servings of veggies a day. There is a wide array of benefits from veggies. This isn't about just packing down the cals, it is about providing a balanced nutrient intake.

2. Quote Originally Posted by IainDaniel View Post
    You want to get more Omega 3 fatty acids. I didn't see the Fishoil in your original post.

Typical north american diets are abundant in n6 compared to n3.

Why not Veggies? They will help with digestion. Provide excellent antioxidants. Minimum I would think 4 servings of veggies a day. There is a wide array of benefits from veggies. This isn't about just packing down the cals, it is about providing a balanced nutrient intake.
    True, but having them be portable is the problem in this intance. Macros are jsut about perfect, so don't think this is only about packing down cals...

I'm contemplating on adding a Green+ type of product to my morning shake as well, which has a probiotic element and i take psyllium husk as night (metamucil) which aids in digestion as well...
    •   

3. psyllium will just make you more constipated if you are getting your veggies

4. Quote Originally Posted by NicktheBeast View Post
    psyllium will just make you more constipated if you are getting your veggies
    how does that work?

5. Unless you have a serious love for tuna, which I can say that I don't. You might want to try switching it up with some canned salmon. The nutritional values are about the same as tuna except for an extra gram of fat but I think your diet could handle that and the taste is awesome. Plus if I remember right there was talk earlier about how wild salmon doesn't contain mercury.
    •   

6. I'm pretty sure most cold water fish contain some traces of mercury.

I think grabbing canned tuna, crab, salmon, chicken and whatever else they have in that isle of costco would be a good idea. Thanks for the idea.

7. sorry, I meant if you aren't getting your veggies.

Psyllium is a bulking fiber, soluble, not insoluble, so it creates bulk in the intestines. The veggies is what moves **** through.

8. Quote Originally Posted by NicktheBeast View Post
    sorry, I meant if you aren't getting your veggies.

Psyllium is a bulking fiber, soluble, not insoluble, so it creates bulk in the intestines. The veggies is what moves **** through.
    that makes more sense.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-02-2009, 11:25 AM
  2. The Pros and Cons of LEUKIC A Review
    By David Dunn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-27-2009, 07:25 PM
  3. pros and cons of a high protien low carb diet yearound
    By keater824 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 3