Benefits of Tap Water

1. New Member
    Answers

Benefits of Tap Water

What studies have shown that bottled water outperforms tap water or tap water actually outperforms bottled water.

I've read stuff that says bottled water sucks and I've read stuff that says it doesn't matter.

What's the final verdict? Tap or bottled.

2. Registered User
    Answers

Quality bottled water, tap water and some bottled water are not ph balanced.
    Some examples of good bottled water are evian and panna although expensive.
    There is a very popular cheap bottled water in Australia which is very low in mineral content, which is bad because that means a low PH especially when exposed to air.

After a couple of blood test results which showed metabolic acidosis, I got some ph sticks and checked my urine ph after drinking diffrent brands of bottled water, panna came out the best and the cheap bottled water was just shocking.

3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Answers

Well, if you think about it for a sec: Bottle water is regulated by the FDA which we know runs less than stellar and tap water is regulated by the EPA which has more strict standards.

Sometimes some bottled water companies or water in jugs will cleverly put that it is from 'Kansas Municipal Water' or something to that degree which is essentially pulling a fast one.

The tap water should be pure enough granted you don't live near a steel mill, nuclear plant, etc.

•   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Impossible to compare given that there are tens of thousands of independent water companies in the US alone all pumping out different qualities of water.

Here in my small mountain town..our water rocks. When I lived in Phoenix..blah. I could hardly force myself to drink a half gallon per day.

FYI..studies show that populations drinking "hard water" live longer than populations drinking soft or nuetral water.

5. Advanced Member
    Answers

What's a good amount of minerals in the water? I've also read high mineral water is better for you. The bottled water I have now is 350ppm mineral salts.

6. Registered User
    Answers

dont go by ppm, that could be stuff you dont want too much of like sulphate or nitrate.

The water I drink(Panna) has
    bicarbonate 108mg/l
    calcium 33mg/l
    chloride 9mg/l
    magnesium 6.7mg/l

The thing I love about hard water is it goes good with food.

7. New Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    Impossible to compare given that there are tens of thousands of independent water companies in the US alone all pumping out different qualities of water.

Here in my small mountain town..our water rocks. When I lived in Phoenix..blah. I could hardly force myself to drink a half gallon per day.

FYI..studies show that populations drinking "hard water" live longer than populations drinking soft or nuetral water.
    It definatly depends on where you live, in my city, the tap water turns a new shower curtain orange in a few weeks,

And keep in mind, many communities add too much chlorine and flouride to the tap water, if your an average person, maybe drinking 8oz of water a day(the rest being pop or liquor), it probaly does not matter; if your drinking 1-2 gallons per day like a bodybuilder should, week after week, year after year, well, you get the idea.

I buy 15 gallons of good spring water per week, not expensive, no chemicals.

8. Ziv
    Carlos Hath****
    Answers

about buying water, i always buy water that the PH is higher than 7.0. Any ph less than that i won't buy it. PH7.0 is pure water and ph higher than that is alkaline water. Ph lower than 7.0 is acidic.

9. New Member
    Answers

a lot of stomach bugs come from drinking tap water in europe, it can also contain traces of lead depending on the type of pipes used

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. 1,4 andro - benefits of transdermal?
    By Project in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-25-2003, 12:24 PM
  2. The Benefits of Flax Seed
    By DarCSA in forum Supplements
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-01-2003, 02:47 AM
  3. What are the benefits of using the Sauna and/or the Steam Room?
    By JohnGafnea in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-05-2003, 04:32 AM
  4. Benefits of Fish Oil
    By YellowJacket in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-19-2003, 09:52 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-08-2003, 10:00 AM