Carbs after emty stomach HIIT cardio ?
- 07-12-2007, 02:50 PM
- 07-17-2007, 11:28 PM
Me personally i always go with low GI carbs after my morning cardio because i dont want a huge insulin spike. My understanding is that the low GI carbs will help keep you burning fat longer.
07-18-2007, 12:23 AM
I asked this afew days ago aswell.
Your metabolism would be raised after cardio so anything you eat would be more likely burned for energy rather than stored compared to eating it at another time of the day but why not take advantage of your body being in a state of fat burning and continue to starve it of carbs.
07-18-2007, 02:42 AM
Unless your goal is muscle loss I think you would be foolish not to have some carbs after high intensity exercise.
07-18-2007, 06:29 AM
07-18-2007, 02:52 PM
I don't know about doing HIIT on an empty stomache. I usually just do light cardio on an empty stomache and HIIT later in the day. Because of the intensity I'd think you would lose some muscle doing it on an empty stomache even if you eat something afterward. HIIT works based on a metabolism spike, not what you burn during the excercise. Maybe it works if you have a slow metabolism, but I can't imagine doing HIIT on an empty stomache and not losing muscle.
Similar Forum Threads
- By Distilled Water in forum Weight LossReplies: 7Last Post: 09-26-2012, 12:14 PM
- By jon1026 in forum Weight LossReplies: 1Last Post: 04-02-2008, 09:18 PM
- By I am Weasel in forum Weight LossReplies: 18Last Post: 11-11-2007, 01:08 AM
- By Rock Lee in forum Weight LossReplies: 3Last Post: 07-19-2004, 10:16 AM
- By CosmosM3 in forum Training ForumReplies: 9Last Post: 04-25-2003, 02:18 PM