post post workout meal and diet -- HELP/THOUGHTS

beebab

beebab

Awards
  • Established
Hey all,

I'm restructuring my diet and am curious: how often do you eat again following your post workout meal?

Another question I have concerns macronutrient splits. I understand the concepts, but exactly how do you break down your foods according to percentage? This may come off as a stupid question, but for say a "40/40/20" split, does that imply that roughly 40 grams should derive from protein/ carbs, etc? This doesn't seem right to me... so how exactly do you partition nutrients based on %? How do you determine exactly how many grams to eat of each?

I try to eat every 2-3 hrs. 7 -8 times a day on training days, 6 on non training days
Breakfast includes 3-4 whole eggs w/another 1/4-1/2 a cup of egg whites for about 35 grams of protein, 1 cup either oatmeal or Quaker Oats Squares for 45 ish grams of carbs, and 1 cup of milk in addition.

The rest of the day I either have a chicken/ turkey sandwich (large 5/6 oz breast of chicken or 5-6 oz of roast turkey) on two slices whole wheat bread. OR chicken breast w 1 cup brown rice.

Pre workout nutrition includes either 2 bananas or 1 cup oatmeal w/ 40-50 g whey protein.
Post workout is 3-4 slices white bread w/ another 40-50 g protein.

Before bed I eat 1 cup cottage cheese and drink 2 cups of skim milk, which suits me fine. I don't wake up hungry.

.....Anyway, does this diet split seem okay? I'm not really happy with it. I'm not losing weight for sure, but my weight has remained pretty stagnant btw 195 AM and 200 PM.

I will appreciate any advice on how to change up my diet. General split at the end of a training day is about:

330 g protein/ 400 g carbs/ ~ 60 fat about (from omega 3 and fish oil). Non training days is slightly lower.

Thanks a lot to anyone who responds

*Note: I'm also about to run the Mass Fx/ Hx2/R2 stack alongside Incarnate for recovery and joint protection. So I'm looking to eat more when on this stack to bulk up as much as possible.

sdcmob

Awards
the 40/40/20 split your referring to is basically saying that should be the percentage that comes from your diet.... so if u consume lets say 4000 cals a day... 40% should come from protien, 40% from carbs, 20% fats. it could be varried according to if you're cutting or bulking. as far as your post wkout meal... i would say after wkout drink your shake, wait an hour then eat, wait 3 more hours the eat again. i hope this helps u out.