diarrhea... question lol

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.36%

diarrhea... question lol

Ok... well after my workout today I had my second whey shake, then waited an hour... had some eggs, another hour and had my 3rd protein shake... about 10mins after that third protein shake my stomach went funny and i went to the toilet and pretty much let out a big load of watery stuff out the back

im wondering (if any of u guys here know anything about this topic and how the stomach / digestive system works) if in that toilet session, would any of it have been my protein shake from 10mins ago or the eggs from an hour before etc just going to waste?

im really paranoid about my protein intake cause lately ive been eating properly getting in the required amount and its working beautifully and my gains are unlike ever before, so im sitting here wondering, would that shake i had 10mins before just have gone straight through the piping and out the other end all to waste? i havent had any problems like this taking my whey i think its a once off i dont even know if thats what caused it?

ive had ppl tell me "when u go toilet u poo out whatever u ate the day before or 8 hours before etc" but if i eat bad crap food like a really cheezy pizza im on the toilet in 15mins anyway, same goes for yoghurts etc so i guess its the milk, but i take my whey with water

what are ur opinions lol, just wondering whether all the important proteins went out the back or if even that whey did cause a reaction in my stomach, would it all have been just food from 8+ hours ago going out the back? there is long long piping of large and small intestines which ur food travels through so im hoping it was just older food which has already been digested and absorbed which was just waiting near the rear door anyway?

thanks.. lol

2. Idiot Savant
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.99%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

If this doesn't happen a lot then you really don't have anything to worry about, but yeah it's probably the way doing it. You have a pretty high amount taken in a small span of time. Try doing post wo shake, solid meal(chicken/oatmeal etc,), then your second shake. Should help the digestion a little bit. As for going to waste, no doubt some protein was malabsorbed, but not enough to effect you if it's not a common occurrence.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!

3. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.36%

yeah i usually try and do something like 40 grams of protein an hour, i gotta pace myself coz im hungry all the time now that im working out

ill have a shake before going gym then i go gy mand come back in 90-120mins and have a 2nd shake, ill wait an hour coz apparently whey takes 60mins to be taken in, then ill have another shake after that or a meal of like 4 full egs 4 whites (thats 40g of protein), then ill give that say an hour to 90mins to get taken in then id take my third final shake if i didnt have it already before the eggs

then ill wait say another 90mins for dinner (usually would end up being about 5pm by now) where ill get maybe 500-600grams of steak or something which is about 100 or so gramso f protein... a lot for one serving so im starting to split that up, ill eat like 250g of meat then wait 2hours and eat the rest later, coz 250g of meat is about 60g of protein so hopefully it doenst go to waste even tho its kidna a lot

each of my meals still leaves me hungry so yea im pacing it even tho im eating 2x more than i was a few weeks ago, im just going by what my body wants
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.74%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by soseg View Post
    yeah i usually try and do something like 40 grams of protein an hour, i gotta pace myself coz im hungry all the time now that im working out

ill have a shake before going gym then i go gy mand come back in 90-120mins and have a 2nd shake, ill wait an hour coz apparently whey takes 60mins to be taken in, then ill have another shake after that or a meal of like 4 full egs 4 whites (thats 40g of protein), then ill give that say an hour to 90mins to get taken in then id take my third final shake if i didnt have it already before the eggs

then ill wait say another 90mins for dinner (usually would end up being about 5pm by now) where ill get maybe 500-600grams of steak or something which is about 100 or so gramso f protein... a lot for one serving so im starting to split that up, ill eat like 250g of meat then wait 2hours and eat the rest later, coz 250g of meat is about 60g of protein so hopefully it doenst go to waste even tho its kidna a lot

each of my meals still leaves me hungry so yea im pacing it even tho im eating 2x more than i was a few weeks ago, im just going by what my body wants

I get that same deal too when I eat lots of protein and even moreso when I have whey since it is milk based. I'm not sure if your digestion rate is like mine (slower) so I can go slightly longer without eating protein (I eat protein every 3 hrs), but try incorporating some type of vegatable every meal. (I never did this, but I do now and it helps out a bit).
  5. Idiot Savant
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.99%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Keep your shake intake to just pre and post workout. Supplement the third with another whole food meal and you should be fine. Your taking in a relatively large amount of liquid meals in a short amount of time, which is probably contributing to the diarrhea.

6. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.36%

if i take my pre workout shake then go gym, by the time i take my first post workout shake its usually 2hrs passed, so thats safe... how long should i wait for my 3rd and should i eat anything before it?
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.74%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

I eat whole foods before the gym so they break down slower, then have a shake afterwards (post workout). The problem is whey protein breaks down so fast which can be a good thing or bad thing. Its just about planning it out.
  8. Idiot Savant
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.99%

if i take my pre workout shake then go gym, by the time i take my first post workout shake its usually 2hrs passed, so thats safe... how long should i wait for my 3rd and should i eat anything before it?
    Omitt the third shake and substitute it with another whole food meal. Basically just stick with two liquid meals(pre and post) a day and the rest from whole foods. Should help with the problem.

9. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.36%

i didnt have a problem with it today im just gona space my meals out by a further 30mins, try and limit my fluids too much ie my oates ill use less milk make it more chunky, take in more fibre with my protein meals ie some bread a toast or something
  10. Idiot Savant
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.99%

As long as your getting more bulk in the meals, it should help.

11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.71%

Yeah, its been shown that people eat by weight/bulk of food, rather than calories/macronutrients. Try eating a lot of vegetables with a moderate amount of meat.
  12. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.65%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Or add psyllium husks to the shakes, that will bulk them up like a mofo
  13. Primordial Performance Rep
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.52%

my protein shakes usually make me have to go as soon as i start drinkin them. never explosive tho
  14. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.18%

I cant take whey shakes any more as a result of this, also powdered creatine is destructive to plumbing if I take it. Everything is in pill form for me
  15. Primordial Performance Rep
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.52%

Quote Originally Posted by Totality View Post
    I cant take whey shakes any more as a result of this, also powdered creatine is destructive to plumbing if I take it. Everything is in pill form for me
    i always had powdered creatine in mine too. it was somewhat convinient just cuz then i could time my BMs
  16. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.18%

I know it was terrible. If you lit a match much of the NE USA would have been blown off the globe
  17. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.36%

yeah i think i can control mine ive only had it once but the thing is i got it again the other day but it wasnt after the shake it was after eggs, i just gotta space my meals out more correctly and mix it up with say veggies/fruit and some fibre etc
  18. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.43%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

lol i dont know a bodybuilder that doesnt have the ****s at some point. heres how to take care of it

1. LACTASE TABLETS
    2. od' on fiber supplements
    3. take a bacterial flora capsule
    4. vegetables as often as possible

Similar Forum Threads

1. got my natabolic stack,another stack question,lol
    By Dirty music in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-21-2010, 09:26 PM
  2. penis question - LOL
    By TheeBC in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7