more reasons NOT to drink milk

  1. Registered User
    knox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    ass-crack of America
    Age
    32
    Posts
    290
    Rep Power
    269

    more reasons NOT to drink milk


    Found this argument from another board.. What's You Take?


    These are just some fact FYI..Only believe that which you choose to believe.
    But please, Don't Drink Your Milk!

    Processing Is the Problem The path that transforms healthy milk products into allergens and carcinogens begins with modern feeding methods that substitute high-protein, soy-based feeds for fresh green grass and breeding methods to produce cows with abnormally large pituitary glands so that they produce three times more milk than the old fashioned scrub cow. These cows need antibiotics to keep them well. Their milk is then pasteurized so that all valuable enzymes are destroyed (lactase for the assimilation of lactose; galactase for the assimilation of galactose; phosphatase for the assimilation of calcium).

    Literally dozens of other precious enzymes are destroyed in the pasteurization process. Without them, milk is very difficult to digest. The human pancreas is not always able to produce these enzymes; over-stress of the pancreas can lead to diabetes and other diseases.The butterfat of commercial milk is homogenized, subjecting it to rancidity.

    Even worse, butterfat may be removed altogether. Skim milk is sold as a health food, but the truth is that butter-fat is in milk for a reason. Without it the body cannot absorb and utilize the vitamins and minerals in the water fraction of the milk. Along with valuable trace minerals and short chain fatty acids, butterfat is America's best source of preformed vitamin A.

    Synthetic vitamin D, known to be toxic to the liver, is added to replace the natural vitamin D complex in butterfat. Butterfat also contains re-arranged acids which have strong anti-carcinogenic properties.Non-fat dried milk is added to 1% and 2% milk. Unlike the cholesterol in fresh milk, which plays a variety of health promoting roles, the cholesterol in non-fat dried milk is oxidized and it is this rancid cholesterol that promotes heart disease.

    Like all spray dried products, non-fat dried milk has a high nitrite content. Non-fat dried milk and sweetened condensed milk are the principle dairy products in third world countries; use of ultra high temperature pasteurized milk is widespread in Europe.Other Factors Regarding MilkMilk and refined sugar make two of the largest contributions to food induced ill health in our country. That may seem like an overly harsh statement, but when one examines the evidence, this is a reasonable conclusion.The recent approval by the FDA of the use of BGH (Bovine Growth Hormone) by dairy farmers to increase their milk production only worsens the already sad picture.
    BGH causes an increase in an insulin-like growth factor (IGF-1) in the milk of treated cows. IGF-1 survives milk pasteurization and human intestinal digestion. It can be directly absorbed into the human bloodstream, particularly in infants.It is highly likely that IGF-1 promotes the transformation of human breast cells to cancerous forms. IGF-1 is also a growth factor for already cancerous breast and colon cancer cells, promoting their progression and invasiveness.It is also possible for us to absorb the BGH directly from the milk. This will cause further IGF-1 production by our own cells.BGH will also decrease the body fat of cows. Unfortunately, the body fat of cows is already contaminated with a wide range of carcinogens, pesticides, dioxin, and antibiotic residues. When the cows have less body fat, these toxic substances are then transported into the cows' milk.

    BGH also causes the cows to have an increase in breast infections for which they must receive additional antibiotics. Prior to BGH, 38%of milk sampled nationally was already contaminated by illegal residues of antibiotics and animal drugs. This will only increase with the use of BGH. One can only wonder what the long term complications will be for drinking milk that has a 50% chance it is contaminated with antibiotics.

    There is also a problem with a protein enzyme called xanthine oxidase which is in cow's milk. Normally, proteins are broken down once you digest them. However, when milk is homogenized, small fat globules surround the xanthine oxidase and it is absorbed intact into your blood stream. There is some very compelling research demonstrating clear associations with this absorbed enzyme and increased risks of heart disease.Ear specialists frequently insert tubes into the ear drums of infants to treat recurrent ear infections. It has replaced the previously popular tonsillectomy to become the number one surgery in the country.

    Unfortunately, most of these specialists don't realize that over 50% of these children will improve and have no further ear infections if they just stop drinking their milk.This is a real tragedy. Not only is the $3,000 spent on the surgery wasted, but there are some recent articles supporting the likelihood that most children who have this procedure will have long term hearing losses.It is my strong recommendation that you discontinue your milk products.

    If you find this difficult, I would start for several weeks only, and reevaluate how you feel at that time. This would include ALL dairy, including skim milk and Lact-Aid milk, cheese, yogurt, and ice cream. If you feel better after several weeks you can attempt to rotate small amounts of one form of milk every four days.You probably are wondering what will happen to your bones and teeth if you stop milk. The majority of the world's population takes in less than half the calcium we are told we need and yet they have strong bones and healthy teeth. Cows' milk is rich in phosphorous which can combine with calcium -- and can prevent you from absorbing the calcium in milk.
    The milk protein also accelerates calcium excretion from the blood through the kidneys. This is also true when you eat large amount of meat and poultry products. Vegetarians will need about 50% less calcium than meat eaters because they lose much less calcium in their urine.It is possible to obtain all your calcium from dark green vegetables (where do you think the cow gets their's from?).

    The darker the better. Cooked collard greens and kale are especially good. If you or your child is unable to take in large amounts of green vegetables, you might want to supplement with calcium. If you can swallow pills, we have an excellent, inexpensive source called Calcium Citrate, which has a number of other minerals which your body requires to build up maximally healthy bone. It is much better than a simple calcium tablet. You can take about 1,000 mg a day. For those who already suffer from osteoporosis, the best calcium supplement is microcrystalline hydroxyapatite.

    It is also important that you take vitamin D in the winter months from November to March. Normally your skin converts sunshine to vitamin D, but the sunshine levels in the winter are very low unless you visit Florida or Mexico type areas. Most people obtain their vitamin D from milk in the winter; so if you stop it, please make sure you are taking calcium with vitamin D or a multi vitamin with vitamin D to prevent bone thinning.Most people are not aware that the milk of most mammals varies considerably in its composition. For example, the milk of goats, elephants, cows, camels, wolves, and walruses show marked differences, in their content of fats, protein, sugar, and minerals.

    Each was designed to provide optimum nutrition to the young of the respective species. Each is different from human milk.In general, most animals are exclusively breast-fed until they have tripled their birth weight, which in human infants occurs around the age of one year. In no mammalian species, except for the human (and domestic cat) is milk consumption continued after the weaning period. Calves thrive on cow milk. Cow's milk is designed for calves.Cow's milk is the number one allergic food in this country. It has been well documented as a cause in diarrhea, cramps, bloating, gas, gastrointestinal bleeding, iron-deficiency anemia, skin rashes, atherosclerosis, and acne.

    It is the primary cause of recurrent ear infections in children. It has also been linked to insulin dependent diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, infertility, and leukemia.Hopefully, you will reconsider your position on using milk as a form of nourishment. Small amounts of milk or milk products taken infrequently, will likely cause little or no problems for most people. However, the American Dairy Board has done a very effective job of marketing this product. Most people believe they need to consume large, daily quantities of milk to achieve good health. NOTHING could be further from the truth.

    Public health officials and the National Dairy Council have worked together in this country to make it very difficult to obtain wholesome, fresh, raw dairy products. Nevertheless, they can be found with a little effort. In some states, you can buy raw milk directly from farmers. Whole, pasteurized, non-homogenized milk from cows raised on organic feed is now available in many gourmet shops and health food stores. It can be cultured to restore enzyme content, at least partially. Cultured buttermilk is often more easily digested than regular milk; it is an excellent product to use in baking.Many shops now carry whole cream that is merely pasteurized (not ultra pasteurized like most commercial cream); diluted with water, it is delicious on cereal and a good substitute for those allergic to milk. Traditionally made creme fraiche (European style sour cream), it also has a high enzyme content.

  2. Banned
    poopypants's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bikini Bottom
    Age
    30
    Posts
    9,208
    Rep Power
    0

    hmmm gonna go grab me a glass of skim right now....
  3. Registered User
    Boris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    69
    Rep Power
    130

    Quote Originally Posted by knox View Post
    Found this argument from another board.. What's You Take?
    Lots of assertions, absolutely no references to back them up.

    E.g.
    Quote Originally Posted by knox View Post
    It is the primary cause of recurrent ear infections in children. It has also been linked to insulin dependent diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, infertility, and leukemia.
    These statements require proof, I'm not going to believe them to be true just because a person on a forum tells me they're true, and neither should anyone else.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    Dagron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    221
    Rep Power
    201

    Are you going to stop drinking whey protein because, ultimately, it too comes from cows?
  5. Registered User
    Thudd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    93
    Rep Power
    142

    Quote Originally Posted by Dagron View Post
    Are you going to stop drinking whey protein because, ultimately, it too comes from cows?
    As does steak, of course.

    Hmmmm, might go have myself a steak milkshake. Just because.

    I bet that finding the original author of that article would make for interesting reading.
  6. Gold Member
    TheCrownedOne's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Enshrouded by a luciferous arbor
    Posts
    1,363
    Rep Power
    801

    Hogwash.
  7. Registered User
    SteelEntity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    595
    Rep Power
    386

    Gonna go get my self some milk right now. MMmmmmm
  8. Registered User
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,699
    Rep Power
    513131

    Some of those assertions might be true about processed milk but I seriously doubt they counteract all the good things about milk. Also, note how they try to steer you away from milk and onto vegetables....gotta watch out for the vegan agenda, they'll say or do anything to get people to leave all animals alone.
  9. Registered User
    hurdlemaker's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Southwest Florida
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,650
    Rep Power
    234597

    Quote Originally Posted by poopypants View Post
    hmmm gonna go grab me a glass of skim right now....
    me too buddy
  10. Gold Member
    TheCrownedOne's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Enshrouded by a luciferous arbor
    Posts
    1,363
    Rep Power
    801

  11. Registered User
    neoborn's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Planet Secksi Baby Yeah!
    Posts
    4,409
    Rep Power
    2360

    Quote Originally Posted by poopypants View Post
    hmmm gonna go grab me a glass of skim right now....
    Hahaha so funny :|, did you honestly come up with that one all by yourself? Sigh, I expect more from you poopy. By the way how's your health?

    Ok well from alot of your replies I can see that taking any advice from any of you guys would be dubious at best. Do you guys laugh at studies with proof given?

    Hahah cancer yeah right, hahaha heart attack yeah right........lol, you guys are lol, but please try and be creative when thinking up something original and funny!
    Last edited by neoborn; 06-25-2007 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Pathetic attempts at humour from "the gang"
  12. Registered User
    knox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    ass-crack of America
    Age
    32
    Posts
    290
    Rep Power
    269

    Yeah I used to drink a lot of milk. Almost a gallon a day. But presently, my stomach would explode.. Can't drink it at all. Cottage cheese, yogurt, cheese and whey are all fine. Anyway, here is another report. I'm not trying to create an anti-milk battle, just wanted to hear some, if any, arguements to why these claims regarding milk could be true or false. So many people are lactose intolerant (myself included) makes me wonder...
  13. Registered User
    knox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    ass-crack of America
    Age
    32
    Posts
    290
    Rep Power
    269

    Cow’s Milk is the Perfect Food for Baby Calves
    But Many Doctors Agree:
    It is Not Healthy for Humans

    by Michael Dye
    People who have been taught that cow's milk is the "perfect food" may be shocked to hear many prominent medical doctors are now saying dairy consumption is a contributing factor in nearly two dozen diseases of children and adults.

    Doctors say cow's milk can lead to iron deficiency anemia, allergies, diarrhea, heart disease, colic, cramps, gastrointestinal bleeding, sinusitis, skin rashes, acne, increased frequency of colds and flu, arthritis, diabetes, ear infections, osteoporosis, asthma, autoimmune diseases, and more, possibly even lung cancer, multiple sclerosis and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.

    In American society, one of the most sacred of all sacred cows is the milk of the cow itself. Cow's milk is more American than apple pie, but that's because apple pie doesn't have Congressional lobbyists and a multi-million dollar advertising budget. Most parents wouldn't think of raising their children without the benefit of cow's milk to help their little bones to grow big and strong. Its silky, white texture is the very epitome of our concept of wholesome purity.

    Our "nutritional education" in school (funded in part by the dairy industry) taught us that dairy products are one of the four basic food groups we all need for proper nutrition. And with more than 60 of the most powerful Congressional leaders in Washington receiving campaign contributions from the National Dairy Council, we can be assured that dairy products are well-entrenched as a major staple of our government-sponsored school lunch programs.

    Cow's milk is promoted as the "perfect food" for humans, and especially for our children. This advertising has put such a strong emphasis on the health of our children that some people view milk commercials as more of a public service announcement than an attempt to sell a product. These ads have told us "Milk is a Natural," "Everybody Needs Milk," "Milk is the Perfect Food," etc. This advertising has served its purpose well because the average American consumes 375 pounds of dairy products a year. One out of every seven dollars spent on groceries in the U.S. goes to buy dairy products.

    But to gauge the full impact of this promotion, we must consider more than just the dollar amount spent on dairy products. We must also consider the impact this massive advertising, promotion, lobbying, "nutritional education" and public relations effort has had by creating a widely-held perception of cow's milk as a very wholesome and healthy product. This promotion has been so effective that it is common for even people who give up meat to still feel that they should continue consuming dairy products to ensure they receive sufficient protein or calcium. People buy cow's milk for their families based on the premise that this product provides essential nutrition, helps to build a healthy body, and that indeed, their precious health may be in jeopardy if they do not drink milk.

    If this is the premise on which Americans spend an incredible chunk of their grocery bill to provide for the health and nutrition of their loved ones, we need to further examine this premise.

    Despite what the dairy industry has led us to believe, many medical doctors and nutritionists are now saying that cow's milk is not healthy for human consumption, and that it can lead to many serious diseases. When you look at the credentials of the doctors making these statements, it would be hard for the dairy industry to accuse these physicians of being on the lunatic fringe of the medical world.

    Frank Oski, M.D., author of Don't Drink Your Milk! is the Director of the Department of Pediatrics of Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and Physician-in-Chief of the Johns Hopkins Children's Center. He is the author, co-author, editor or co-editor of 19 medical textbooks and has written 290 medical manuscripts.

    In the first chapter of his book, Dr. Oski states, "The fact is: the drinking of cow milk has been linked to iron-deficiency anemia in infants and children; it has been named as the cause of cramps and diarrhea in much of the world's population, and the cause of multiple forms of allergy as well; and the possibility has been raised that it may play a central role in the origins of atherosclerosis and heart attacks."

    Dr. Oski comments, "Being against cow milk is equated with being un-American," but still he notes, "Among physicians, so much concern has been voiced about the potential hazards of cow milk that the Committee on Nutrition of the prestigious American Academy of Pediatrics, the institutional voice of practicing pediatricians, released a report entitled, 'Should Milk Drinking by Children Be Discouraged?' Although the Academy's answer to this question has (as of this writing) been a qualified 'maybe,' the fact that the question was raised at all is testimony to the growing concern about this product, which for so long was viewed as sacred as the proverbial goodness of mother and apple pie."


    Another outspoken critic of cow's milk is Dr. William Ellis, a retired osteopathic physician and surgeon in Arlington, Texas, who has researched the effects of dairy products for 42 years. Dr. Ellis is listed in Marquis' Who's Who in the East, Leaders of American Science, the Dictionary of International Biography and Two Thousand Men of Achievement. Dr. Ellis says dairy products are "simply no good for humans... There is overwhelming evidence that milk and milk products are harmful to many people, both adults and infants. Milk is a contributing factor in constipation, chronic fatigue, arthritis, headaches, muscle cramps, obesity, allergies and heart problems."

    When Washington D.C.-based pediatrician Dr. Russell Bunai was asked what single change in the American diet would produce the greatest health benefit, his answer was, "Eliminating dairy products."

    Dr. Christiane Northrup, a gynecologist in Yarmouth, Maine, states, "Dairy is a tremendous mucus producer and a burden on the respiratory, digestive and immune systems." Dr. Northrup says when patients "eliminate dairy products for an extended period and eat a balanced diet, they suffer less from colds and sinus infections."

    Dr. Oski's book includes a letter written by Dr. J. Dan Baggett, a pediatrician in Alabama who describes his experience after six years of recommending that all his patients eliminate cow's milk from their diets. He writes, "In general, they cooperate much better than I had earlier anticipated except for the pre-teenagers and teenagers." Dr. Baggett's letter, states in part:

    "During the years 1963 through 1967, I referred an average of four appendectomy cases per year. During the past five and a half years, I have referred only two patients for appendectomy, the last one being three years ago. Both of these children were professed milk guzzlers.

    "I do not have a single patient with active asthma. In fact, I have nearly forgotten how to prescribe for them.

    "Perhaps the most significant thing I have learned is that Group A beta-hemolytic streptococcus germ will not, under ordinary circumstances, establish an infection in a child kept on an absolutely no-milk-protein dietary regimen. I have been aware of this for the past two and a half years and, so far, there have been no exceptions. Any time a patient of mine is found to have streptococcal pharyngitis or pyoderma, we can establish by history that he has ingested milk protein within five days prior to onset of symptoms or signs bringing him to the office.

    "I now admit an average of 12-14 patients per year to the hospital. Their average hospital stay is three days. Between 1963 and 1967, I admitted an average of 100+ patients to the hospital per year. Their average stay was five days."

    So how can all these medical statements be explained in light of what we have been taught all of our life about milk? Remember "Milk is the Perfect Food"... "Milk is a Natural"... "Everybody Needs Milk." Are we talking about the same food here?

    Perhaps we are not. It would appear that promoters of cow's milk are creating advertising statements that are meant to appeal on a subconscious level to our positive feelings and experiences with human breast milk. All mammals, including humans, are intended to be nourished during infancy by milk from their mother. Part of the very definition of a mammal is that the female of the species has milk-producing glands in her breasts which provide nourishment for her young. Each species of mammal produces its unique type of milk designed specifically to strengthen the immune system and provide nourishment for their babies, which are weaned after their birth weight has approximately tripled.

    So, absolutely yes, "milk is a natural"... in the proper context. It is perfectly natural for infant mammals, including humans, to be nourished exclusively by milk from their mother's breasts. So if we are talking about human breast milk for babies, yes, "milk is the perfect food." And yes, during infancy when we have no teeth for eating solid food, and as we need to strengthen our immune system, "everybody needs milk."

    I have just quoted three of the most popular advertising slogans of the dairy industry and they are indisputably as true as any words that could be spoken on the subject of nutrition... if they are applied to a baby's need for human breast milk. In fact, not one of the doctors I have quoted in describing the terrible problems caused by cow's milk would disagree that milk is a natural, milk is the perfect food or that everybody needs milk, in this context.

    But whoa.

    The dairy industry has begun with these three statements that we all know are true about a baby's need for human breast milk, and twisted them out of context to apply them to a completely different product they are selling. And the sad result is that most Americans still think these noble statements about our babies needing to suckle their mother's breast milk are true when applied to the advertising claim that humans of all ages need to buy and drink cow's milk.

    So, in an effort to undo the damage caused by this manipulation, let us consider the differences in human breast milk versus cow's milk, and further examine the physical problems caused by humans trying to subsist on the milk of another species well past the age when any mammal should be drinking any milk.
  14. Registered User
    knox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    ass-crack of America
    Age
    32
    Posts
    290
    Rep Power
    269

    A good place to start in analyzing the distinction between milk of different species is to begin to understand how nature works. As Dr. Oski explains in Don't Drink Your Milk!, "The milk of each species appears to have been specifically designed to protect the young of that species. Cross-feeding does not work. Heating, sterilization, or modification of the milk in any way destroys the protection."

    So, how much of a difference is there between a human baby drinking the milk of its mother versus drinking the milk of a cow? Dr. Oski cites a "study of over twenty thousand infants conducted in Chicago as far back as the 1930s... The overall death rate for the babies raised on human milk was 1.5 deaths per 1,000 infants while the death rate in the babies fed cow milk was 84.7 per 1,000 during the first nine months of life. The death rate from gastrointestinal infections was forty times higher in the non-breast-fed infants, while the death rate from respiratory infections was 120 times higher. An earlier analysis involving infants in eight American cities showed similar results. Infants fed on cow milk had a twenty times greater chance of dying during the first six months of life."

    Dr. Michael Taylor, a Chiropractic Physician, doctoral candidate to become a Doctor of Nutrition and fellow of the American Academy of Orthomolecular Medicine, agrees, stating, "It is a dietary error to cross species to get milk from another animal." He notes there is a tremendous difference between human babies and baby calves, and a corresponding difference between the milk that is intended to nourish human babies and baby calves. In an interview on "Let's Eat," a Seventh-day Adventist television program, Dr. Taylor notes that human infants take about 180 days to double their birth weight, and that human milk is 5 to 7 percent protein. Calves require only 45 days to double their birth weight and cow's milk is 15 percent protein.

    In addition to the difference in the amount of protein in these two different types of milk, there are also major differences in the composition of this protein. The primary type of protein in cow's milk is casein. Cow's milk has 20 times as much casein as human milk, which makes the protein from cow's milk difficult or impossible for humans to assimilate, according to Dr. John R. Christopher, N.D., M.H.

    Protein composes 15 percent of the human body and when this protein cannot be properly broken down, it weakens the immune system, causing allergies and many other problems. Allergies caused by cow's milk are extremely common. In fact, Dr. Taylor states that when a single food can be isolated as the cause of an allergy, 60 percent of the time, that food is cow's milk. Dr. Ellis notes that symptoms of this allergic reaction to cow's milk in infants can include asthma, nasal congestion, skin rash, chest infections, irritability and fatigue.

    Dr. Oski's book cites evidence from Dr. Joyce Gryboski, director of the Pediatric Gastrointestinal Clinic at Yale University School of Medicine, who states "they see at least one child a week who is referred for evaluation of chronic diarrhea and proves to have nothing more than an allergy to cow milk."

    Another reason many people suffer various symptoms of disease from drinking milk is that, according to Dr. Oski, the majority of the world's adult population is "lactose intolerant," meaning they cannot digest lactose, the sugar in milk (cow's milk and human milk). An enzyme known as lactase is required to digest lactose, and Dr. Oski states that "between the age of one and a half and four years most individuals gradually lose the lactase activity in their small intestine. This appears to be a normal process that accompanies maturation.... Most people do it. All animals do it. It reflects the fact that nature never intended lactose-containing foods, such as milk, to be consumed after the normal weaning period."

    In fact, so many people have bad reactions to drinking cow's milk that in 1974 the Federal Trade Commission felt compelled to take legal action against advertising claims made by the California Milk Producers. The ads claimed "Everybody Needs Milk." The FTC prosecuted the milk producers for "false, misleading and deceptive" advertising. The FTC complaint cited the high incidence of lactose intolerance, allergies caused by cow's milk and the increased risk of heart disease. The FTC won and the milk producers had to come up with a new slogan for their ads: "Milk Has Something for Everybody."

    One medical researcher, Dr. Kevin McGrady, commented, "Milk has something for everybody all right -- higher blood cholesterol, and increased risk of heart disease and stroke."

    Three reasons cited by medical researchers that dairy products contribute to heart disease are their high content of cholesterol and fat, along with an enzyme in cow's milk called xanthine oxidase (XO). This enzyme, which creates problems only when milk is homogenized, causes heart disease by damaging arteries. Explaining the significance of XO, Dr. Ellis cites research by Dr. Kurt Oster, Chief of Cardiology at Park City Hospital in Bridgeport, Connecticut:

    "From 1971 to 1974, we studied 75 patients with angina pectoris (chest pain due to heart disease) and arteriosclerosis (hardening of the arteries). All the patients were taken off milk and given folic acid (a B-vitamin) and ascorbic acid (vitamin C), both of which combat the action of XO. The results were dramatic. Chest pains decreased, symptoms lessened, and each of those patients is doing great today."

    Dr. Oster's article states that Dr. Kurt Esselbacher, Chairman of the Department of the Harvard Medical School, was in full agreement. Dr. Esselbacher writes: "Homogenized milk, because of its XO content, is one of the major causes of heart disease in the U.S."

    Dr. Oski warns, "The consumption of cow milk from an early age may have life-long consequences... One pathologist has reviewed the heart vessels of over 1,500 children and adolescents who had died as a result of accidents.... These children and adolescents had not died as a result of disease, yet many of them showed signs of diseased arteries in the heart.... The majority of children with normal blood vessels had been breast-fed; the majority of children with diseased vessels had been fed cow milk or cow milk based formulas. It is therefore reasonable to conclude that the differences between human milk and cow milk were responsible for the early changes in the coronary arteries."

    But don't we need to drink milk to get calcium? No. The best way to add calcium to your diet is to eat more fresh green vegetables. Cow's milk is high in calcium, but Dr. Ellis explains, the problem is that it is in a form that cannot be assimilated very well by humans. Dr. Ellis states, "Thousands and thousands of blood tests I've conducted show that people who drink 3 or 4 glasses of milk a day invariably had the lowest levels of blood calcium."

    Dr. Ellis adds, "Low levels of blood calcium correspond with irritability and headaches. In addition, the low calcium level in milk-drinkers also explains why milk-drinkers are prone to have muscle spasms and cramps. Since calcium is necessary for muscles to relax, a lack of calcium causes muscle cramps, etc."

    One of the most serious problems caused by a calcium deficiency is osteoporosis, a condition characterized by the loss of 50 to 75 percent of the person's original bone material. In the U.S., 25 percent of 65-year-old women suffer from osteoporosis. Their bones become brittle and easily broken. They can crack a rib from something as minor as a sneeze.

    Our pervasive dairy advertising has led to one of the most commonly held, and solidly disproved, fallacies about bones, which is that the best way to build strong bones is to increase calcium consumption by drinking plenty of milk. Actually, the consensus among leading medical researchers is that the best way for most people to increase their calcium level and strengthen their bones is to reduce their protein intake, and specifically to reduce consumption of animal products. Research has conclusively shown we can do more to increase the calcium level in our bones by reducing protein intake than by increasing calcium intake. The reason is that animal products and other sources of high protein are very acidic, and the blood stream must balance this acidic condition by absorbing alkaline minerals such as calcium from the bone structure. Thus, numerous studies, including those published in the Aug. 22, 1984 Medical Tribune and the March 1983 Journal of Clinical Nutrition, have found that vegetarians have much stronger bones than meat-eaters. Indeed, the Journal of Clinical Nutrition article found that by age 65, meat-eaters had five to six times as much measurable bone loss as vegetarians.

    Speaking of minerals, another serious problem caused by consumption of cow's milk is iron-deficiency anemia. Dr. Oski notes that 15 to 20 percent of children under age 2 in the U.S. suffer from iron-deficiency anemia. Cow's milk contributes to this condition in two ways.

    First, he notes that cow's milk is extremely low in iron, containing less than 1 milligram of iron per quart. Because of this, he writes that it is estimated that a 1-year-old would need to drink 24 quarts of cow's milk a day to meet his iron requirements, which would be impossible. He states many infants may drink from one to two quarts of cow's milk a day, which satisfies their hunger to the point that they do no have the appetite to consume enough of other foods that do have a high iron content.

    The second way that cow's milk leads to iron-deficiency anemia in many infants is a form of gastrointestinal bleeding caused by increased mucus and diarrhea associated with dairy consumption. "It is estimated that half the iron-deficiency in infants in the United States is primarily the result of this form of cow milk induced gastrointestinal bleeding," Dr. Oski writes. "Mucus is frequent and some stools contain obvious traces of bright red blood... The diarrhea impairs the infant's ability to retain nutrients from his feedings. In addition, the changes produced in the gastrointestinal tract by the allergic reaction result in seepage of the child's own blood into the gut. This loss of plasma and red cells leads to a lowering of the infant's blood protein level and to the development of anemia."

    (back to The Hallelujah Diet)

    The mucus created by dairy products causes other problems as well. It is well-known that dairy products cause excessive mucus in the lungs, sinuses and intestines. Dr. Ellis notes this excess mucus in the breathing passages contributes to many respiratory problems and that mucus hardens to form a coating on the inner wall of the intestines that leads to poor absorption of nutrients, which can cause chronic fatigue. This mucus also causes constipation, which can lead to many other problems.

    Two very common problems with infants are colic and ear infections, both of which can be caused by cow's milk. Medical studies have found cow's milk can contribute to these problems either directly, when the infant drinks cow's milk, or indirectly, when the infant breast feeds from a mother who has been consuming dairy products.

    Colic, suffered by one out of every five infants in the U.S., is characterized by severe stomach cramps. The July/August 1994 issue of Natural Health reports, "When a mother eats dairy products, milk proteins pass into her breast milk and end up in the baby's blood; some studies have found that cow's milk proteins (from milk drunk by the mother) might trigger colic-like symptoms in infants fed only human milk and no cow's milk."

    Concerning ear infections, Dr. Northrup states, "You just don't see this painful condition among infants and children who aren't getting cow's milk into their systems."

    The Natural Health article also notes, "Removing dairy from the diet has been shown to shrink enlarged tonsils and adenoids, indicating relief for the immune system. Similarly, doctors experimenting with dairy-free diets often report a marked reduction in colds, flu, sinusitis and ear infections."

    Another common problem for children is the bellyache. Dr. Oski states in his book that up to 10 percent of all children in this country suffer from a syndrome known as "recurrent abdominal pain of childhood." He says studies performed in Boston and San Francisco each concluded "that about one-third of such children had their symptoms on the basis of lactose intolerance. The simple solution was to remove all milk and milk-containing foods from the diet and watch for signs of improvement."

    The Natural Health article also notes that antigens in cow's milk may contribute to arthritis and osteoarthritis. "When antibody-antigen complexes (resulting from an immune response) are deposited in the joints, pain, swelling, redness and stiffness result; these complexes increase in arthritic people who eat dairy products, and the pain fades rapidly after patients eliminate dairy products from their diets. In a study published in Scandinavian Journal of Rheumatology, when people with rheumatoid arthritis fasted on water, fruit and vegetable juices, and tea for seven to ten days, their joint pain and stiffness were greatly reduced. When they ate a lacto-ovo-vegetarian diet (including only milk and eggs as animal foods), the symptoms became aggravated and they remained ill."

    A 1992 report in The New England Journal of Medicine also notes that cow's milk can contribute to juvenile diabetes and autoimmune diseases by impairing the ability of the pancreas to produce insulin.

    The Natural Health article also states a 1989 study published in Nutrition and Cancer found a link between consumption of cow's milk and butter with the risk of developing non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, a cancer of the immune system. The article adds, "High levels of the cow's milk protein beta-lactoglobulin have also been found in the blood of lung cancer patients, suggesting a link with this cancer as well."

    Dr. Oski's book also cites studies by two scientists from the University of Michigan who have conducted extensive research on factors associated with multiple sclerosis. There is an unusual geographic distribution of MS victims in the U.S. and throughout the world, which has baffled medical researchers for decades. This distribution of MS victims has no correlation to wealth, education or quality of medical care. Dr. Oski notes the Michigan scientists found in this pattern in the U.S. and 21 other countries, "the only significant link was between multiple sclerosis and average milk consumption."

    Dr. Oski's book even cites a possible link between excessive consumption of cow's milk and juvenile delinquency, based on a study conducted in Tacoma, Wash. Dr. Oski writes, "When the diets of young criminals were contrasted with those of adolescents from a similar background, it was found that the juvenile delinquents consumed almost ten times the amount of milk that was drunk by the control group. The juvenile offenders ate less fruit, nuts and vegetables."

    When a reasonable person considers all this evidence, it would be difficult to still believe cow's milk is healthy for human consumption. So, what do we drink instead? Dr. Oski partly answers this question by writing, "For the newborn infant, there are two obvious alternatives -- the right and left breast of the healthy mother."

    After a child is weaned, there is no reason to drink any milk. We shouldn't drink any liquid with our meals because this dilutes our digestive fluids. When we are thirsty, we should drink distilled water. Or, if you want to drink something nutritional between meals, the best choice is freshly-extracted vegetable juice.
    __________________
  15. Registered User
    AnonyMoose's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  256 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    1,337
    Rep Power
    767

    i only drink organic milk
  16. Gold Member
    TheCrownedOne's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Enshrouded by a luciferous arbor
    Posts
    1,363
    Rep Power
    801

    Quote Originally Posted by AnonyMoose View Post
    i only drink organic milk
    P. Diddy: "All right, you guys ain't working as a team. I'm gonna have to shut down the studio. The only way I'll reopen the studio is if you go up to the Bronx, and get me some breastmilks from a Cambodian immigrant. I only drink the finest breastmilks."
  17. Registered User
    neoborn's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Planet Secksi Baby Yeah!
    Posts
    4,409
    Rep Power
    2360

    Here's my little cliff notes with milk experience:

    1. Born drink milk alot.

    2. At 13yrs old etc drinking about 2-3 pints a day (Chants " Engalunnndddddddd")

    3. Get to 34, start working out again, I"m fat, bloated and gassy as hell.

    4. Mother is over from England and says " did you know lil neoborn that I cannot have milk as I cannot digest it", and I say "why no ma mah, I didn't know that", she says " oh yes lil neoborn, you should try just making your protein shakes with water", I say "ok ma mah I shall consider that immediately.

    5. Lil ole neoborn starts making his two protein shakes a day with fruit / banana's / water

    6. Guess what?? that's right no more bloating, decrease in gas by 90%, no more acid indigestion.

    Hallelujah and Amen, I am heaaaaaaaled!
  18. Registered User
    Thrall's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    PA
    Age
    30
    Posts
    260
    Rep Power
    220

    This thread has made me think, and I think that considering the possibility that alot of this might be true is a GOOD idea.
  19. Registered User
    Minus83's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  275 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Trenton, Ontario, Canada
    Age
    29
    Posts
    169
    Rep Power
    194

    does the "too much of anything is a bad thing" apply to milk too? im pretty sure it applies to everything...

    and yeah, ive read this or something similar to it on a different board, where it seems like it is pointing out the faults of consuming milk and then talks about not eating meat, and the benefits of an all veggie diet.

    show me someone who is on an all veggie diet, making huge gains (in mass and strength) and ill drink their blood to gain their powers.

    i only have milk with my cereal, and i never feel bloated or anything, so i will continue to do so.
  20. Registered User
    Thrall's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    PA
    Age
    30
    Posts
    260
    Rep Power
    220

    Quote Originally Posted by Minus83 View Post
    does the "too much of anything is a bad thing" apply to milk too? im pretty sure it applies to everything...

    and yeah, ive read this or something similar to it on a different board, where it seems like it is pointing out the faults of consuming milk and then talks about not eating meat, and the benefits of an all veggie diet.

    show me someone who is on an all veggie diet, making huge gains (in mass and strength) and ill drink their blood to gain their powers.

    i only have milk with my cereal, and i never feel bloated or anything, so i will continue to do so.

    Well, though I am not a vegetarian myself, I think you are writing them off as weaklings very quickly. Bill Pearl, a former Mr. Universe, is a lacto-ovo vegetarian. So, while he does not eat meat, he still consumes milk and eggs (or at least, the last time I read anything by him he was). He mainly eats vegetables and meat alternatives.
  21. Primordial Performance Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Jimbo15's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    30
    Posts
    810
    Rep Power
    493

    Quote Originally Posted by Thudd View Post
    As does steak, of course.

    Hmmmm, might go have myself a steak milkshake. Just because.

    I bet that finding the original author of that article would make for interesting reading.
    Have you ever had a steak milkshake? Raw steak blended up? I have. You have to freeze it in pre-cut cubes, otherwise the blender strings it out too much. MMmmmmm good
  22. Primordial Performance Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Jimbo15's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    30
    Posts
    810
    Rep Power
    493

    and milk is good for you, dont believe the bull****. calcium helps reduce body fat, specifically around the midsection. and yes, too much of anything is bad for you, even milk. so the whole gallon a day thing is a little much, shoot for like three servings.
  23. Registered User
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,699
    Rep Power
    513131

    I see it as part of a trend in alt medicine and various other alternative living communities where there is a tendency to pin all the blame for the rising rates of cancer, heart disease etc etc on just one thing.

    In this case, I highly doubt that milk consumption rates are up all that much on a per capita basis. Non-milk drinkers get cancer and have heart attacks too.
  24. Banned
    jomi822's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,419
    Rep Power
    0

    i drink 2 gallons of milk a day. i have no autoimmune diseases, no asthma, no susceptibility to infection, no acne, and am generally healthy across the board.

    seems like a bunch of hippy vegan propaganda to me.

    i am polishing off my second gallon of milk for the day as we speak. skim. you pink commies
  25. Registered User
    Thudd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    93
    Rep Power
    142

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo15 View Post
    Have you ever had a steak milkshake? Raw steak blended up? I have. You have to freeze it in pre-cut cubes, otherwise the blender strings it out too much. MMmmmmm good
    I love that someone has not only actually tried this but has developed techniques to do it better.

    You da man
  26. Registered User
    gdbear65's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    48
    Posts
    251
    Rep Power
    238

    I think I'm going back to drinking goat milk. Not that I believe everything in this thread, but I don't think pasteurized and homogenized cow's milk is the panacea that the industry would have you believe. I just wish I had a source for raw milk, but the gov't won't allow it, due to "health concerns" LOL and I just don't have the space in my backyard for a cow.
  27. Registered User
    Thrall's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    PA
    Age
    30
    Posts
    260
    Rep Power
    220

    Quote Originally Posted by jomi822 View Post
    i drink 2 gallons of milk a day. i have no autoimmune diseases, no asthma, no susceptibility to infection, no acne, and am generally healthy across the board.

    seems like a bunch of hippy vegan propaganda to me.

    i am polishing off my second gallon of milk for the day as we speak. skim. you pink commies

    Two things here:

    1.) I have also done a heavy milk dosed diet, and generally had no issues. I understand your point here. But...

    2.) You failed to really add anything to the conversation by simply insulting someones opinion and/or information. I'm not really sure why vegans would have "propaganda", as I don't really see anyone profiting from you drinking less milk.

    Keep in mind, again, that I am not a vegetarian. I'm sure you were joking, as I have seen you post before and you always seem to take a very strong stance, no matter in which direction you are arguing. I find it mentally weak of you, however, to disregard information simply because it does not concern you at the moment, and to furthermore be insulting about it, even if in jest.
  28. Registered User
    zues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    111

    As far as I know there are only 2 things that have the sole purpose of being food. Honey and milk. Egg yolks are consumed by the chick before it hatches so I suppose yolks would also fit. All fruits and vegetables have the primary role of reproduction and sustaining the plant species. I don't know if milk is the number one food allergin, It could very well be. But I bet if everyone ate a couple of walnuts 3 times a week that we would see the total amount of people allergic to walnuts dramatically increase. Always scrutinize statistics. They are very easily manipulated to fit any opinion or agenda. After I stop laughing at the article posted that has no real content or proof to back it up, I'm going to milk the cows.
  29. Registered User
    Thrall's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    PA
    Age
    30
    Posts
    260
    Rep Power
    220

    Quote Originally Posted by zues View Post
    As far as I know there are only 2 things that have the sole purpose of being food. Honey and milk. Egg yolks are consumed by the chick before it hatches so I suppose yolks would also fit. All fruits and vegetables have the primary role of reproduction and sustaining the plant species. I don't know if milk is the number one food allergin, It could very well be. But I bet if everyone ate a couple of walnuts 3 times a week that we would see the total amount of people allergic to walnuts dramatically increase. Always scrutinize statistics. They are very easily manipulated to fit any opinion or agenda. After I stop laughing at the article posted that has no real content or proof to back it up, I'm going to milk the cows.

    Point well taken. I have no particular reason to defend these "facts", it just seems like everyone wanted to automatically jump on this one because we all use milk. That is a clear path to absolute ignorance, no matter what the topic.
  30. Banned
    jomi822's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,419
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
    Two things here:

    1.) I have also done a heavy milk dosed diet, and generally had no issues. I understand your point here. But...

    2.) You failed to really add anything to the conversation by simply insulting someones opinion and/or information. I'm not really sure why vegans would have "propaganda", as I don't really see anyone profiting from you drinking less milk.

    Keep in mind, again, that I am not a vegetarian. I'm sure you were joking, as I have seen you post before and you always seem to take a very strong stance, no matter in which direction you are arguing. I find it mentally weak of you, however, to disregard information simply because it does not concern you at the moment, and to furthermore be insulting about it, even if in jest.
    vegans and vegetarians have plenty of propaganda to support their stance. i believe that is what this article is, especially due to the references to vegetarians excreting less calcium (in a positive manner).

    they have plenty to gain from people drinking less milk. part of the reason for their lifestyle (vegan especially) is that they are purposely trying to lower the demand for dairy and meat products. they believe it is wrong to raise animals simply to feed humans. less people (or no people) drinking milk means less dairy cows. mission accomplished.
  31. Registered User
    jlowsho's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    73
    Rep Power
    124

    Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    Lots of assertions, absolutely no references to back them up.

    E.g.

    These statements require proof, I'm not going to believe them to be true just because a person on a forum tells me they're true, and neither should anyone else.
    I'm gonna jump in here guys - because Boris hit the nail on the head right here.

    Without any references there are wild-ass speculations at best.

    In there it states that synthetic Vit. D has been found to be toxic to the liver...... Since when? In what doses? You can buy synthetic vitamins at any vitamin store. They actually obsorb better than naturally derived vitamins.

    He also states that milk is some how not able to be digested to be utilized by the body The only things you eat that can't be utilized by the body for SOMETHING are called unedible.

    This comes from the same FLAWED logic that when you put food in a microwave the body can no longer utilize it and doesn't recognize it as food. (Which a guy told me in the grocery store once)

    If a food can't be utilized by the body then two questions of logic arise A. How come if you eat too much of it (too much as it pertains to daily requirement of kcals and macros) you gain bf??? B. How come if you use it in a diet regemin and you stay under maintenance kcals you LOSE body fat?? Both questions can't be answered correctly without admiting that your body utilizes milk - along with everything else classified as FOOD - as an intake of calories.

    You intestines don't go - "OMG this is Schenkel's SKIM milk - holy jesus, WTF am I gonna do with THIS!?!?"

    if this were true you could eat as much diary as you wanted without gaining a thing. Which is obviously untrue.... OH or of coarse till you died of synthetic vitamin D poisoning, right?

    This is another example of how someone can take a piss-poor understanding of science and use it to make everyone else think like them because they're opinionated and obnoxious. - not saying knox is, I'm saying that's what I think of the literature presented.

    J
  32. Registered User
    Thrall's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    PA
    Age
    30
    Posts
    260
    Rep Power
    220

    I agree. I think perhaps I like this post because frankly, I simply never even considered the thought that milk MIGHT be bad for me. The thought never crossed my mind. Am I convinced it is bad for me? Everything in moderation. Most queries on nutrition can be answered with that simple statement, as has already been covered in this conversation.
  33. Registered User
    jlowsho's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    73
    Rep Power
    124

    well stated.
  34. Registered User
    neoborn's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Planet Secksi Baby Yeah!
    Posts
    4,409
    Rep Power
    2360

    Quote Originally Posted by jlowsho View Post
    Proof needed blah blah blah

    J
    Ok so just for the record, the only proof I have is living proof. The gas and bloat I lived with daily, which now I might add is gone thanks to not consuming milk on a daily basis.

    It's one of those things where , no I don't have a study from some unknown university by some dr. that no one has ever heard of. I only have live, realtime in living color proof of A) what was happening with consuming milk then B) what is not happening anymore after cutting out milk from my diet.

    I don't feel strongly about this but I have all the proof I need..this is truly a case of "if it works for me then good" not "everyone should do this" fo sho.

    Have fun and love life

    much love

    <3 Neoborn <3
  35. Registered User
    jlowsho's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    73
    Rep Power
    124

    Ok, your right. And some people are lactose intolerant or allergic to it more than other. My mom being one of them.

    These are conditions that have studies and treatment for them.

    So..... in actuality you DO have studies from unknown docs at universities that explain WHY - YOU - yes you - feel this way when you consume them.

    Also the article I read at the begining of the thread was stating that it's best for EVERY ONE not to drink milk. Not just YOU, with the upset tum tum.

    So I agree, some people would benefit from NOT drinking it. But saying so is kind of spliting hairs with a knife named Common Sense.

    I'd say peanuts or peanut butter has it's place in most diets, but if someone's allergic to them I PROBABLY wouln't suggest they kill themselves by eating some.
    Last edited by jlowsho; 07-05-2007 at 09:02 AM. Reason: crappy analogy
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. More reasons NOT to post sources of any kind
    By dumbhick3 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-05-2009, 01:12 PM
  2. Reasons NOT to Cheat on your GF/WIFE LOL
    By z06 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-02-2008, 09:20 PM
  3. Switching to CKD Jan 1, 2008....any reason not to????
    By Distilled Water in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-16-2007, 01:44 PM
  4. Another Reason not to smoke!!!!
    By rms80 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-29-2007, 02:49 PM
  5. why not to drink
    By ICantRunFast in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-05-2007, 09:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in