I Need Some Help, Really

Shobe

Awards
Ok everyone I have been basically following this same diet to a T for almost 3 years now, no cheating, nothing at all and I've seem to stop losing body fat or add any muscle. I know you're probably thinking 3 years? Well I try to stay extremely dedicated and focused and not give up on something just becasue it didn't work right away. Anyway here's my stats;

Male, 5' 11", 24 yrs old, 175lbs- Trying to cut body fat

Diet-Sorry I do not have exact numbers but I can at least show you what I eat;

Breakfast- 1 scoop of whey, 4 eggs, bowl of shredded wheat, multi vitamin

Workout

Post workout- 1 scoop of whey in water

Lunch-sliced up boneless, skinless chicken breast meat= 52 grams of protein, with either a sweet potato or brown rice or a stone ground whole wheat tortilla & handfuul of almonds

Dinner-Now this varies from day to day. But mostly either 2 or 3 chicken breasts, boneless. Or 3 pork chops or chopped 93% ground beef with some seasoning. Now those would be my protein sources, of course not all of them. Different each day. And then I either have a romaine salad with it or some sort of green veggie, No carbs at dinner

Pre bed- 1 scoop of casein protein in water

Now as I said I'm not obese but I simply cannot shed any more body fat, particularly my gut and my "man boobs". I lift weights 3 days a week and run on the treadmill 3 days a week. Most of my exercises I have not been able to move up in weight at all, however my bench is getting stronger for some reason. I just been stuck for a long time now at 175 and I'm getting frustrated. I want to shed this body fat and be on my way to a bulking cycle. Help.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Have you had your body fat % checked? I ask because at your height and weight(175lb is about right for your height), you sound like your pretty svelt already.

Some problems a lot of people have with diet and getting "shredded" is that they forget about actually having to build a good foundation of muscle for it to actually be seen. I was at about your exact ht and wt a few years ago and didn't look lean at all, no tone, no defenition.... nothing. Had my body fat checked and found out it was in the upper single digits..... my conclusion, need to up the diet macros and start BUILDING the muscles so that eventually they could be seen.

Now to do that, I can see that your only have 3 sources of carbs in your diet. Try getting a carb source in at every meal except for the last one before bed. In the beginning stages try shooting for about a gram/lb of body weight. So if you weigh 175, try to get about 180gr or so of carbs a day and see how your body responds. Protein do the same. Shoot for 40/40/20 cal break down and give it time. Do this for a few weeks and see how things go.

http://www.fitday.com/