Farting HEAPS / Eating b4 bed

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
2 questions: How long before bed should i have my last meal as a minimum ie to be safe so i dont gain too much fat? i am bulking and sometimes to get my daily intake ill eat like a few eggs say at 10pm, so ill stay up till like 1am give my body 3 hours awake to disgest it while the metabolism is running faster

also,

i try to aim for like aprox 1.5grams of protein per lb of bodyweight coz im bulking atm and my diets changed, on days i workout i have 3 protein shakes (1 brekkie and 2 after working out), im eating more meat, eggs, fish etc and its causing me to fart like crazy and making my poo feel like fire on some occasions, im guessing it could be due to a smaller ratio of fibre? i had some extra fibre last night its helped but im wondering - to all u other guys out there bulking who eat a lot, do u get the gas problem and how much do u eat a day?

my parents recon im crazy coz ill eat something like 400grams of beef OR salmon, ill have 4 full egss 4 whites, my 3 shakes(on days i workout), 1 shake on other days, and just generally am eating more food all together, trying to get 1.2-1.4 or so grams per lb of bodyweight...am i overloading or is this about right?

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Before bed you want a slower realesing protein so that your body has something to take in through the majority of the night. Good options for this would be either a caesin protein shake or some cottage cheese (and a healthy fat choice like natural peanut butter or flax oil.) Eating before bed is to prepare you for the 7-10 or however long you sleep fast so its very important.

Yes with high protein diets you are going to want to up your fiber intake (oats, and veggies~ dont forget those vegetables!)

1.5 grams of protein per pound is fine, just access your gains and critique the diet if it needs to be but high protein is your friend.

bitterplacebo

bitterplacebo

Awards
  • Established
I'd say go ahead an eat just before you start getting ready to sleep. As long as it's a sensible meal, you don't have to worry about getting fat from how close it is to your sleeping time.

For my last meal, I usually do green beans + cottage cheese + tuna/chicken. Maybe a little peanut butter sometimes. I also am waking up more frequently in the night recently, so when that happens I usually just get up and have a scoop of cottage cheese, peanut butter, or whey, then go back to sleep.

FitModel

FitModel

Awards
  • Established
you should eat RIGHT BEFORE you go to bed, so your body stays anabolic when it sleeps...eat a slow digesting protein and maybe some fat...

a lot of bodybuilders and people like that actually wake up in the middle of the night and eat a full meal and then go right back to sleep...I try and wake up and have a protein shake (half whey, half casein or egg white) and sometimes I spoon full of natural PB

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
yeah i see where ur coming from i think though i couldnt be stuffed waking up at night but maybe taking a no fat protein shake such as this caesine which is slow releasing protein with some cottage cheese would be good... but im really paranoid it will go to my gut which i dont want getting any bigger really

i dont think ide be buying caesine atm im low on money with wheys atm and im looking into creatine but... how much cottage cheese should i eat before bed roughly which should do me good while im asleep (in weight)?

FitModel

FitModel

Awards
  • Established
yeah i see where ur coming from i think though i couldnt be stuffed waking up at night but maybe taking a no fat protein shake such as this caesine which is slow releasing protein with some cottage cheese would be good... but im really paranoid it will go to my gut which i dont want getting any bigger really

i dont think ide be buying caesine atm im low on money with wheys atm and im looking into creatine but... how much cottage cheese should i eat before bed roughly which should do me good while im asleep (in weight)?
not sure about the cottage cheese, I don't like it so I never eat it, lol...

however if your doing high intensity workouts and low intensity cardio a couple times a week you shouldn't be putting on much, if any, fat...

bitterplacebo

bitterplacebo

Awards
  • Established
If you are just eating cottage cheese you might want to go for a whole cup. I don't recommend the low fat kind, though, the taste just isn't there for me. Get the 2%, it will be fine.

Right now for my last meal, it's 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1 cup green beans, and a can of tuna. But I also don't sleep well lately and wake at least 3 times during the night. When that happens I go and get a scoop of peanut butter, cottage cheese, or whey powder.

Don't worry so much about night time feeding turning to fat. It's my experience that you don't get fat from the timing of meals, but rather the portions and overall amount food you eat through the day. If your body can't handle the amount you eat in a sitting, you'll be putting some in fat. Otherwise, if you're training well, your body is going to be using the food for your benefit.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
I don't have a solution for you but I know one thing

Do NOT have a serving of Wendy's Chilli then go straight to sleep.....phewwwwwwww eeeee stinky stinky all the next day

bitterplacebo

bitterplacebo

Awards
  • Established
I don't have a solution for you but I know one thing

Do NOT have a serving of Wendy's Chilli then go straight to sleep.....phewwwwwwww eeeee stinky stinky all the next day
Seriously.

Also, too much fiber has caused problems for me before.
Too little might have also been causing a problem for you before because you're food would have been going too slow through your digestive system.

Other than this you might try taking a probiotic or digestive enzyme supplements. I've used MRM Digest-All and never had gas issues with any of my meals except when they were heavy in fiber.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Yes digestive enzymes will help Gut health etc ( cheaper brands from health food stores )

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Probably not advisable to wake up in the middle of the night solely for protein. More worthwhile for your body to just sleep through the night.

Now - if you are an NPC competitor - maybe.

bitterplacebo

bitterplacebo

Awards
  • Established
Probably not advisable to wake up in the middle of the night solely for protein. More worthwhile for your body to just sleep through the night.

Now - if you are an NPC competitor - maybe.
I agree. I would rather sleep, but it's just not working out that way for me these days. So I make the sleep interruptions enjoyable by getting something to eat.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
General Chat 16
Supplements 11
boricuarage Nutrition / Health 7
ABNRanger General Chat 25
Supplements 17