Too much anti-ox, such a thing?

1. Too much anti-ox, such a thing?

As the title says, can you take too much anti oxidents? Is there a point of diminishing returns? I can't imagine there is just because of the high amount of free radicals, but I try to have 5 servings of fruit and another 3 or 4 of veggies a day, plus both super antioxident and ECGC (both from NOW foods). Am I wasting my time with the supplements, or the more varieties of anti-ox sources the merrier?

2. Hey bro i take a multi with a veggie/fruit anti-oxidents in it plus coQ-10 and tons of veggies in my diet. I don't think you can go overboard...unless you consume to much vitamin A or E..they are both powerful anti's but they store in your liver and fat cells so be careful on high doeses of these. Hope that helps.
    •   

3. Its probably not "too much antioxidants". However, variety is probably important. Even vitamin C can turn pro-oxidative when quantities are high enough.

So, switch it up. That should go for the fruits, veggies, and supplement sources.

4. im really intrested in this also , im ordering Super Antioxidant and/or Mangoni Concentrate.

5. I read somewhere that too many anti-oxidants are counter-productive to you.... I personally believe that this has merit to it, but probably refers to too much of one particular type of anti-oxidant. Ex. Too much vitamin E... free radicals can cause vitamin E to become free radicals by damaging it's structure....
    I take a crap-load of things that are considered anti-oxidants or to have anti-oxidant properties. Don't megadose one product, that's just dumb. I take:
    A good multi
    neurozyme
    mental clarity
    vinpocetine
    Rainbow Lightning *the bomb*
    chinese pine pollen
    Lean Green
    Holy Basil

I get a ton of anti-oxidants, but from different products and different compounds. It's not like I'm buying one particular anti-oxidant supplement and popping 4x the dose to become "superman" lol

6. Good thinking on forces part.

To add, I would even cycle the antis. So not a whole bunch of different kinds every day, but 2/3s of them (or something like that) at any given time, in a sort of random rotation.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Too Much Liver Support - such a thing?
    By jbonez in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-03-2012, 10:36 PM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-25-2011, 11:29 PM
  3. is there such a thing as too much vegetables?
    By getridofmytit in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-28-2009, 12:02 AM
  4. Is there such a thing as too much FIBER?
    By Highlanda01602 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-06-2008, 02:23 PM
  5. Is there such a thing as too much of a
    By freezito in forum Millennium Sport Technologies
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-25-2007, 06:06 PM