Soft Stool......thats right poop

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
This topic may not be the most appealling to talk about however i believe that to some it could be helpful. Anyway here it goes. I hardly ever seem to have a solid log anymore when i take a dump. Its been going on for so long i seem to have just accepted it. It not like i have watery poop or anything, it just is so soft it is unable to take the shape of a log. Not only that i end up taking like 4 dumps a day or something. Does anyone know what could possibly cause this?

My typical daily intake usually consists of hamburgers(i grill myself), protein shakes(whey, milk, oats, olive oil, creatine), turkey sandwiches. things like this. is it possible the creatine is doing this? Has anyone had success with any type of stool hardeners? I want to get this resolved cuz i feel like i may not be absorbing all the nutrients i eat. any input is greatly appreciated and i am sorry for anyone that read this and is not gagging lol.

dlew308

dlew308

Awards
  • Established
How many times do you eat a day? I eat 5-6 times a day so I go a few times a day as well. That's normal. Soft sounds better then having bricks.

bitterplacebo

bitterplacebo

Awards
  • Established
Possibly a lack of dietary fiber?

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
How many times do you eat a day? I eat 5-6 times a day so I go a few times a day as well. That's normal. Soft sounds better then having bricks.
maybe it sounds better but when you are wipin your ass 100 times a day it doesnt really sound that cool after all.

i eat about 6 times a day.

i thought maybe i should try some fiber. but doesnt fiber make you go more like a laxative? if thats the case i got no problem going at all. i would rather go less often

dlew308

dlew308

Awards
  • Established
you don't sound like you need more fiber, you're already pooping a lot and it's not hard and constipated, this is a good mystery

bitterplacebo

bitterplacebo

Awards
  • Established
maybe it sounds better but when you are wipin your ass 100 times a day it doesnt really sound that cool after all.

i eat about 6 times a day.

i thought maybe i should try some fiber. but doesnt fiber make you go more like a laxative? if thats the case i got no problem going at all. i would rather go less often
Fiber is supposed to shorten intestinal transit time. All I know is that I supplement with hemp protein/fiber twice a day and eat vegetables with every meal, and my "movements" are few, but definitely clockwork in regularity.

Have you changed or made some recent addition to the diet?

Chicken

Chicken

Awards
If you are supplimenting ground flax and such its possible its too much fiber for you. This happens to me when using ground flax.

bitterplacebo

bitterplacebo

Awards
  • Established
you don't sound like you need more fiber, you're already pooping a lot and it's not hard and constipated, this is a good mystery
Indeed, it would make a good book.
"The mystery of the soft stool"

bitterplacebo

bitterplacebo

Awards
  • Established
I've only found one instance of a random person commenting on an online journal that a side effect of creatine was soft stool.

But also more common diarrhea from high doses.
Most likely speaking of monohydrate creatine, which can break down quickly to creatinine, a waste product and cause some problems.

How are you taking the creatine?

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i havent changed my diet recently really. i have always eaten the same way. i have had this problem for quite soem time now. i think about a year.

i am taking micronized creatine with my protein shakes. i am thinking of a product called fibercon

bitterplacebo

bitterplacebo

Awards
  • Established
i havent changed my diet recently really. i have always eaten the same way. i have had this problem for quite soem time now. i think about a year.

i am taking micronized creatine with my protein shakes. i am thinking of a product called fibercon
Maybe for now try smaller dosages of the creatine, and take it alone. The protein shake could be causing it to sit in the gut for longer than it's supposed to and cause more breakdown to creatinine than normal. I've heard conflicting views about how fast creatine monohydrate can break down once mixed with liquid, but just to be sure, you might want to try to take it immediately once mixed.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I also too have been having that issue from time to time. I eat high amounts of cottage cheese for my protein and protein shakes (whey isolate). What is a good amount of fiber to be taking in b/c my stool is extremely soft and from time to time watery ?

Chicken

Chicken

Awards
Call me wrong, but if you have to little fiber in your diet your stools would be bricks. At least this is what the doc basically told me when I went to see him.

PhilABowl

PhilABowl

Awards
  • Established
eat a bunch of swiss cheese... i get the liquid sh!ts from having a lot of protein powder and creatine, and other typical bodybuilding stuff. Have a little bit "too much" swiss cheese, and some good old fashion red meat, and it will bind you right up.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Call me wrong, but if you have to little fiber in your diet your stools would be bricks. At least this is what the doc basically told me when I went to see him.

Ah, I'm not sure if this is correct. Fiber is essentially indigestible food that passes through the digestive tract and out the back end. If the cheese and protein is extremely soluble and digestible, what would create the 'hardness' of stool ? There is a lot of bile still coming out, but there would be no explanation of any type of solid material that is 'indigestible'.

PhoebeusFenix

Awards
Possibly the fat from the burgers? I notice when im on a meat binge i have softer 'stool'

SatireWolf

SatireWolf

Awards
  • Established
It could be a combination of too much water, creatine, and not enough bio-active stuff in your lower GI. I normally get soft poops for weeks right before I go into the green goo arena. The same thing you get when drinking highly chlorinated or iodined water from stream water drinking hiking.

It could be that your GI bacteria is overly innert. You might try something in Dan Active or something else that is biologically active enough to restart your lower GI. I have a feeling your poops aren't being 'processed' properly.

You might have a talking to with your waste management supervisor, he might have gone union.

triggerman

Awards
If your using milk in your protein shakes there is a chance you may be lactose intolerant........I am lactose intolerant and have soft stools all the time when I drink alot of milk or eat alot of dairy.........RYR causes it sometimes too and AP was by far the worst.............

blankwell

Awards
I know what it's like to have to wipe 100 times after each "session", I had this exact same problem. It lasted for a year after I started eating clean and I thought there was nothing I could do about it... that it was due to my new "healthy" diet.

Here's the solution: You are probably drinking too much water. Cut back on the amount of water you are drinking and your stool will likely firm up.

Let me know if that works for you, that's what worked for me.

will dot blank at gmail dot com

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
I have messy shits, too. I just plan my shits around my showers so I can hop in the shower right away. Detachable shower head ftw

rcaz01

Awards
Possibly a lack of dietary fiber?

My guess would be lack of fiber as well. Remember fiber not only makes you regular but also acts as a bulking agent. From your diet it looks like you need fiber.

Also, high fat intake can cause loose stool as well.

Youc an easily add a tbsp of fiber to each of your shakes and probably be back to normal by the end of the week.

Metamucil (Psyllium husk)
Innulin
True Protien has bulk psyllium husk for cheap and you can add any flavor to it to match your shakes.

sizzzle9

Awards
ya know i had the same problem as u. I started a new diet though and i incorporate a fiber bar and possibly a fiber yogurt every meal i can. I have gotten good "stuff after starting this new addition. i would give it a try. they also taste really good. u can find these in any store

http://www.fiberone.com/

wontdie

wontdie

Awards
  • Established
-too much magnsium? It gives me liquid shits.

-are you taking An*lolic Dump? Gave me the mega-shits. You might want to list down all the supps you are taking, and see if we can spot which supps could be causing you problems

-lactose intolerant? I swear, I became lactose intolerant almost overnight. I was downing 3 glasses of full cream milk a day, and then suddenly had the liquid farts. No fun at all. Try cutting all lactose (milk, cheese, whey protein, etc) from your diet for one day and see how you feel.

:)

Valeyard

Awards
I've got the same problem, and I've been told that soft stool might also be a sign of colon cancer. I'm really hesitant to go for a colonoscopy cuz it's way too invasive. Any thoughts on this?

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
holy cow. I started this thread over 2 years ago and it just gets bumped today lol.

poop

gibsonj4

gibsonj4

Awards
  • Established
\Are you taking any pre-workout supplement? Could be IBS?

Chubbinmuffin

Chubbinmuffin

Awards
  • Established
So, Dynomite... its been 2 years. How are the stools now?

roids1

roids1

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Try eating a coupla 45lb plates. That should firm things up a bit.

GICH!

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
psyllium every 2 days en mass is the answer.

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So, Dynomite... its been 2 years. How are the stools now?

Its been 2 years and 6,500 posts later and my poop still isnt solid like a log. I go through phases though. Like right now I am in Iraq so I am eating chowhall food with usually results in irregular ****s. I miss the satisfaction of looking in the bowl and seeing a massive solid log in there.

Richard321

Awards
Try eating bananas, it will help you. Also, the fruit will also provide vitamin c and potassium which are good to you body. You can also consult your health care provider to get an accurate treatment for your condition.