pwo and cutting?

tl77

Awards
i was wondering when taking my pwo shake should i b taking any carbs with it. i am on a low carbs cut and didnt kno how taking carbs post work out would effect it. i kno there is a lot out there about taking carbs pwo but would whey+water or milk be sufficient?

SteelEntity

SteelEntity

Awards
  • Established
For cutting you could do without carbs for pwo shake. Or if you are really burning it at the gym just take maybe 20-30g of carbs. It will get you out of the weak state after intense training.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Water always PWO. Milk slows absorbtion.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
When cutting I mix my isolate strictly in water (its hard becuase I love me my skim milk while bulking) however I dont stray away from carbs. I feel even if your on a low carb plan its a good idea to take in a slow digesting carb source post workout. Depending on your daily goal for carbs try to keep them around your workout as that is when your bodily will utalize them the best.

If your cutting and incorporating your cardio correctly dont be afraid of taking in carbs post workout.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
I used to cut them out of my PWO shake when cutting, but felt much much better, and saw better results when i added a small amount back in.

SMALL amount, not the usual 2:1 protein to carb ratio I normally do while bulking, just about 30 or so grams

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
When cutting I mix my isolate strictly in water (its hard becuase I love me my skim milk while bulking) however I dont stray away from carbs. I feel even if your on a low carb plan its a good idea to take in a slow digesting carb source post workout. Depending on your daily goal for carbs try to keep them around your workout as that is when your bodily will utalize them the best.

If your cutting and incorporating your cardio correctly dont be afraid of taking in carbs post workout.

This sounds perfect...
Bulking and/or cutting i use 1c Old Fashioned Oats... Does the trick for me but i have never seen any better results from lower carb diets. IMO, if you are low carbing you should get the carbs that you do ingest immediately upon waking and/or post workout...

Good Luck buddy