Substitute for Cottage Cheese

dazilla

dazilla

Awards
  • Established
Looking for a good substitute for cottage cheese. I'm not a very big fan of it. When I do it its only like 2 or 3 days then I can stomach it anymore... My new diet plan calls for but I can't do it everyday.

lilanimal

Awards
Looking for a good substitute for cottage cheese. I'm not a very big fan of it. When I do it its only like 2 or 3 days then I can stomach it anymore... My new diet plan calls for but I can't do it everyday.
try adding jello mix, flavor packs and or pb. i think it taste great

dazilla

dazilla

Awards
  • Established
I will try adding jello mix to it... I know how good it is for you and a awsome snack... trying to find what works for me

haroldjg

haroldjg

Awards
  • Established
I will try adding jello mix to it... I know how good it is for you and a awsome snack... trying to find what works for me
You know I what I find tastes the best with cottage cheese? Just straight up pineapple. I know its really high GI, but it's just so good. I can stomach cottage cheese plain, but having it with pineapple is like my treat for the day. if I really feel like spoiling myself I add in some vanilla yogurt. mmmmmmm.... I am drooling. But seriously Cottage Cheese is perfect to eat before you go to bed, and I dont mind the extra 200 high GI cals from the pineapple.... besides you willl be fasting for the next 8-9 hours.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You know I what I find tastes the best with cottage cheese? Just straight up pineapple. I know its really high GI, but it's just so good. I can stomach cottage cheese plain, but having it with pineapple is like my treat for the day. if I really feel like spoiling myself I add in some vanilla yogurt. mmmmmmm.... I am drooling. But seriously Cottage Cheese is perfect to eat before you go to bed, and I dont mind the extra 200 high GI cals from the pineapple.... besides you willl be fasting for the next 8-9 hours.
Pineapple has a moderate GI actually and will help you to digest the protein more efficiently.

haroldjg

haroldjg

Awards
  • Established
Pineapple has a moderate GI actually and will help you to digest the protein more efficiently.
I actually never knew that. I thought cause of all the sugar it was high. I guess you learn something new every day.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I actually never knew that. I thought cause of all the sugar it was high. I guess you learn something new every day.
The GI of most fruits is actually on the low or moderate side. I think that the GI for pineapple is in the high 50's or low 60's.

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
Rodja...the defender of pineapple and cottage cheese!!!

Brother, by the time you are done EVERYBODY will be eating that combo! ;)

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rodja...the defender of pineapple and cottage cheese!!!

Brother, by the time you are done EVERYBODY will be eating that combo! ;)
Thats the first step in my master plan...muahahhahahahahahaha.

dlew308

dlew308

Awards
  • Established
i tried cottage cheese and pb, i almost gagged :(

mcneely011

Awards
try sugar-free jam/jelly. my favorite is strawberry. just a little bit of this helps me put down the curds like nothing.

DougMan

Awards
I eat cottage cheese with a bagel that I heat up in the microwave. Use the cottage cheese as sort of a dip. The difference in temperatures between the cold cottage cheese and the warm bagel is nice. Also try adding Mrs. Dash to the cottage cheese when using it this way. Tastes good, plus it will give you some variety as there 10+ types of Mrs. Dash and similar products if you look hard enough.

haroldjg

haroldjg

Awards
  • Established
I eat cottage cheese with a bagel that I heat up in the microwave. Use the cottage cheese as sort of a dip. The difference in temperatures between the cold cottage cheese and the warm bagel is nice. Also try adding Mrs. Dash to the cottage cheese when using it this way. Tastes good, plus it will give you some variety as there 10+ types of Mrs. Dash and similar products if you look hard enough.
That actually sounds like it would be really good!

dazilla

dazilla

Awards
  • Established
I'm learning a lot.. did not know it about the pineapple. Tried pineapple today.. and it was great.. I had cup of cottage cheese and 1/4 of pineapple. One thing I found out was, for me to eat the cottage cheese I must keep it ice cold...

DougMan

Awards
One thing I found out was, for me to eat the cottage cheese I must keep it ice cold...
Be sure you try different brands, and the more expensive brands are not always better. Some kinds are sort of dry and clumply, others are sort of like a chili soup in terms of viscosity. I prefer the more moist kinds of cottage cheese. I have personally tried Kroger Brand (midwest), Stop and Shop Brand (northeast) and Hood cottage cheese (national, I believe) and they are all of this variety. I also prefer 1 or 2% fat to the fat free. Cheeses are one of the cases where fat-free is just nasty in most situations. I say just build that type of fat into your diet and enjoy your food versus punishing yourself by eating it and not really cutting all that much fat.

BLANE

Awards
  • Established
i go with the brookshires brand ff cottage cheese and natty pb mixed together......keeps me full ALL NIGHT LONG!

Khyron

Awards
I hate plain cottage cheese, but put it in blender with some ice, crystal light ,and some splenda, and it makes an awesome soothie.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
How's everyone else's cottage cheese for sodium content? I was blown away by how much salt the big local dairy puts in its cottage cheese.

dsw222

dsw222

Awards
Rodja, speaking of this... my friend recently told me to start eating 6 strawberries with my PM shake... do you have an opinion on this?

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Try low/non fat Greek Yogurt. Very high protein, only carbs.

dazilla

dazilla

Awards
  • Established
Greek Yogurt never heard of it. I may try the smoothie... Thx...

Markio

Markio

Awards
was going to suggest Fromage Frais, 25-30% protein and carbs around 8%. With Yogs/Fromage frais you gotta watch the sugar content i.e. Carbs 8g but 6g sugars etc.

SMOKEPALADIN

SMOKEPALADIN

Awards
  • Established
Food Lion fat free cottage cheese tastes great, the best i have found, it is 14 g prot, 7 g carb, 470 sodium and 5 g sugar

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yep, Bromeline is a very prominent enzym in Pineapple, great for digestion and immunity.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Try mixing in 1 scoop of chocolate ON whey powder(or chocolate protein of choice) and 1 packet of Splenda. Mix and enjoy. Mmmm, mmmm good.

natiels

natiels

Board Supporter
Awards
Try mixing in 1 scoop of chocolate ON whey powder(or chocolate protein of choice) and 1 packet of Splenda. Mix and enjoy. Mmmm, mmmm good.
lol. I tried this and almost gagged on the first taste. I am glad it works for you though. I wish I liked it so I could get that double dose of protein all in one meal. I am not trying to discourage anyone from trying it. I just thought it was funny how I hated it so much and you actually like it :)

I am lucky cause I enjoy cottage cheese just plain. Sometimes with a little pepper or some banana peppers.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well there you go. I turn it into a sort of chocolate pudding, and you turn it into a salsa mix. Different strokes.:D

SatireWolf

SatireWolf

Awards
  • Established
Well, isn't 'Greek Yogurt' goat cheese?

I thought most greek dairy products were all Goat derivatives. Sort of like those Goat meat shishkabobs they sell all over Europe because they deep sixed all their meat cows, and most of their dairy cows.

I think the most curious thing about all the dairy consumption is all the hormones they give the cows. I try to stay away from the hormonal dairy products, because I heard somewhere that the estrogen related non-sense in there was somehow causing men to be less agressive. Although really there was a study about how all the hormones from fertilizers and every other contamination (even pesticides) was causing American males to have lower and lower Mr. T levels. The biggest Mr. T's being from males studied in the 60's and 70's. Declining ever since.

Or maybe it was the 'love' revolution....

Who knows, I'm just fishing at this point.

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
get the one with chives and mix it with other items in your meal like tuna, etc.

SatireWolf

SatireWolf

Awards
  • Established
"From all of the threads I've read recently, I'm surprised that supplement sample packs aren't autoshipped to your house when you log in here."

Wait wait... they aren't? Then what's this box of goodies I just opened? You mean it didn't come from these guys? oh...... Oh....... OHHHH.......

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
"From all of the threads I've read recently, I'm surprised that supplement sample packs aren't autoshipped to your house when you log in here."

Wait wait... they aren't? Then what's this box of goodies I just opened? You mean it didn't come from these guys? oh...... Oh....... OHHHH.......
Is that your "Oh" face?:cool:

SatireWolf

SatireWolf

Awards
  • Established
No no, that's my oh crap what did I just ingest face :)

I was trying to make a funny! heh..

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i have been mixing up a pretty good PM shake...

1c of Fat Free Cottage Cheese
1 scoop of Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey - Extreme Chocolate
2T of Natty PB
1 container of Jell-o sugar free pudding
splenda
2 or 3 ice cubes
6oz water
-blend untill it is a pure liquid

that is serious^^^ i am still full when i wake up in the morning...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 7
Supplements 14
cbr1000rr Nootropics 47
G34RS Nutrition / Health 12
Supplements 17