tryin to stop smoking need help

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
doesn anyone know of any certain foods,herbs,or supps that i can take to help me quit this nasty habit. thanks

whatastud08

whatastud08

Awards
  • Established
Hmmm... I also remember isolated Tyrosine doses being used as treatment for substance addiction / abuse. Let me see what I can dig up... more to follow.

Also, you may consider a running a detox product to help clear your system of existing toxins and carcinogens. This may also help to more rapidly diminish those nasty nicotine cravings.

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
rimonanbant is supposed to be really good for these purposes.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
Needed to quit smoking:
- a firm and *clear* intent;
- the discipline to pursue that intent come what may;
- the flexibility to adapt, improvise, and overcome the resistance you'll encounter (internal *and* external)

Without those, all the rest is bu11sh!t - nothing will help you do what you're unwilling or unprepared to do for yourself.

That said, there're plenty of avenues available to you in this game; it's just simple truth that the game is more mental and emotional than physical, and you need to plan, prepare, and eopn to opportunity. First step (and it's a biggie) is to change your smoking from an habitual behaviour to an active choice.

Sorry to break this off, but I've got a my plate very full at the mo - I'll be back soon w/ more thoughts. BTW - my remarks are based on stopping smoking after 35 years.

speedpastu

Awards
hypnotist

doesn anyone know of any certain foods,herbs,or supps that i can take to help me quit this nasty habit. thanks
2 of my friends just went to a hypnotist to stop smoking cigarrettes, both these guys smoke cigarettes like crazy, in fact i just cleaned out the one guys bimmer and counted 7 empty packs! anyways neither one of them has the urge to smoke cigarettes anymore, it's crazy.. i did however catch one of them smoking a cigarette at the bar, i called him out and he said he just did it cuz he was drunk, and then threw it away, even so i haven't seen him with a cigarette since.

danstrongman

Awards
Stop Smoking

You have to first stop thinking about stopping smoking.

Think about having the choice to keep your lungs clean.

Change the way you think about smoking. Think about all the bad things that happen when you smoke. Each time you take a drag think about what the smoke is doing to your body.

Watch the movie "The Insider" or "Thank You for Smoking".

Find something to hold in your hand and put in your mouth, other than food, that can sub for tobacco.

Dan Gilliland

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
I am about to start Chantix once it arrives. I read on other boards about guys using it and it seems really interesting and successful. Good luck on your quest!

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
so far i have been using lemon juice that i bought at the store in a plastic container. it stops my cravings but now im getting sores in my mouth from all the acid lol. guess its still better than all the toxins

PHWSSJ

PHWSSJ

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
start dipping.. skoal mint
NOOOOO! dont listen to this guy!

people try to find all these things to try to make them quit smoking.

From all the people i know that quit smoking, the only thing that works is.. you really have to not want to smoke anymore.
You have to care about your health and just stop for the right reasons. Otherwise you will make excuses and have one cig here and another there and before you know it your back again.

Just reach down grab your balls and say i quit FCK YOU marlboro man!
Its kind of like anything else in life. I like to compare it to lifting weights. People try all these "cutting edge supplements" and all these supper detailed diets and they dont even have the basics down. Which is get your ass in the gym, train hard, eat, and pray before you sleep. You just got to do it and thats it.

You just have to be strong and really want to quit. Then just do it!!!

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
I feel u threadstarter. I am trying to quit dipping copenhagen. I just started to use Phenibut-XT in hopes it with help with the aniexty that comes with trying to quit. I will let u know how it goes. The calming effects so far have been great.

speedpastu

Awards
I feel u threadstarter. I am trying to quit dipping copenhagen. I just started to use Phenibut-XT in hopes it with help with the aniexty that comes with trying to quit. I will let u know how it goes. The calming effects so far have been great.
i was just kidding with that start dipping post, lol, i was addicted to dip, going through about 3 cans a week for a couple years, what i did was weaned down to skoal pouches, then skoal bandits, for a while, a couple months, then one day i threw the can out and said no more, that was it, i haven't dipped since, but let me tell u, i get the cravings all the time still, and its been over a year, its hard, i have come so close so many times but haven't.. thats the way to do it... by the way dipping is 100 times harder to quit then ciggarettes, i quit cigarettes easily.... not to mention the amount of nicotine in the average pinch of dip equals the same of about 3 ciggarettes.

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
i was just kidding with that start dipping post, lol, i was addicted to dip, going through about 3 cans a week for a couple years, what i did was weaned down to skoal pouches, then skoal bandits, for a while, a couple months, then one day i threw the can out and said no more, that was it, i haven't dipped since, but let me tell u, i get the cravings all the time still, and its been over a year, its hard, i have come so close so many times but haven't.. thats the way to do it... by the way dipping is 100 times harder to quit then ciggarettes, i quit cigarettes easily.... not to mention the amount of nicotine in the average pinch of dip equals the same of about 3 ciggarettes.
3 cans a week thats weak man. Try 1 can a day lol.

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
oh there was a while there i was doing a can a day or a can every 2 days.. but for the most part it was about 3 a week
Surely the only weak thing here is addictions. Good for you man for quitting from such a hard stance. Casual nicotine users have a hard time quitting, but more regular users must have cravings that can be far more difficult. Great job! I'm sure the thought of your teeth falling out or the saggy lips/cheeks helped... man that stuff is anything but nice.

moklepaul

moklepaul

Awards
  • Established
I dipped for maybe 2 months. I still get cravings...

statik

statik

Awards
I dipped for maybe 2 months. I still get cravings...
I know this is an older post but for anyone looking for help quitting smoking try researching Orange Juice/Cream of Tartar Powder. Cheap and def helped me quit.

I drank a glass in the morning and at night before bed.

TipTopShape

TipTopShape

Awards
  • Established
I know this is an older post but for anyone looking for help quitting smoking try researching Orange Juice/Cream of Tartar Powder. Cheap and def helped me quit.

I drank a glass in the morning and at night before bed.
I have heard about this. A lot of people say it works pretty good.

Rican4lfe

Awards
I smoked for about 12 years.... I finally stopped 2.5 years ago.... I just replace it... I mean I just trully believe that training was more important and if I smoke will put in jeopardy my gains....... so I quit..... my advice find something u can do everyday that u enjoy more than smoking with more benefits..... it worked for me hope it works for ya........

orangerain

Awards
There are a number of herbs that can help you break the habit. I searched the web and found that these would help:

Avena Sativa
Garcinia Cambogia
Gotu Cola
Skullcap
Valerian
Parrot's Beak
Willow
Oak
Oregon Grape Root
Goldenseal

I think these were mentioned by someone previously already. Another alternative is the use of supplements that can help you detoxify and lower your dependence on nicotine. I found an over-the-counter (I think) medicine in the internet called Ampheta-Restore. I've been looking into it, and saw that it helps such addictions. So I guess it's something you can try.

I hope this helps. :)

stankyleg

stankyleg

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have been quit for 4 months. I set a "Hell or high water date." No matter how many cigs I have left or what happens, I'm quitting on this date. I told all my facebook friends I was quitting on said date. I got some nicotine lozenges. They taste awful but do the trick. I didnt get addicted to they cause they make my throat hurt. Then I logged my progress on Facebook. All my friends chimed in and supported me. It was great. You could put your stop smoking log on here or FB or both. I hope this helps. Call a near by hospital and ask if you can volunteer in respiratory therapy for a day. That ought to scare the crap out of you. You can Beat this Bro!

Jake Fires

Jake Fires

Awards
  • Established
i use to smoke alot when i was younger, and if you love to smoke but really wanna kick it this is what you have 2 do listen carefully.

your more than likely gonna fail if u try to quite cold turkey, limit your self to 4 cigs per day for about 1 week, next week limit ur self to 3 cigs a day, next 2 then so on.

once you start smoking 1 cig a day ithink youll realize that it doesnt taste good and it makes you feel a little "used up ". just think if someone is trying to kill your Girl and shes running from someone and you cant keep up because you smoke 2 many dam cigs, pretty sad.

ive done this and once i got to my 1 cig. a week, that was it, now listen to this, once you reach 2-3 weeks without a single cig. if u just so happen to smoke one, youll prob wont think its that great. be patient its a tough one to drop. avoid drinking as much as possible because it will make you want to smoke.

and one more thing, youll always get the thought in your head "smoke one smoke one" but if u just think about how much crap its givving you and your not getting nothing in return but tar, itll be easier.

killamac27

killamac27

Awards
1) Don't set a date to quit
2) Drink 1gallon+ water a day
3) don't talk to yourself in your head trying to convince yourself 1 will be okay.
4) if you are about to smoke agian remind yourself of the reason your trying to quit in the first place.. all the progress you made will be wasted. do you really want to start all over?
5) remind yourself that your actions today affect you tomorrow

It has been 2 weeks for me since i last smoked. trying cold turkey. Almost smoked last night cause my pops went into the hospital.. but i didn't and im ok now

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
1) Don't set a date to quit
2) Drink 1gallon+ water a day
3) don't talk to yourself in your head trying to convince yourself 1 will be okay.
4) if you are about to smoke agian remind yourself of the reason your trying to quit in the first place.. all the progress you made will be wasted. do you really want to start all over?
5) remind yourself that your actions today affect you tomorrow

It has been 2 weeks for me since i last smoked. trying cold turkey. Almost smoked last night cause my pops went into the hospital.. but i didn't and im ok now

i know i will get some hate for this, but, i stopped smoking instantly after smoking a pack a day for like 7 months.

i stopped smoking, and started using smokeless tobacco, and while it is not an absolute safe alternative, you will get your lungs back. i understand smokeless tobacco has arsenic,formaldehyde, and polonium ( thanks bodybuilding.com guy ). however, this will take away almost all of your craving for smoking completely. take it from me, i LOVE(d) smoking.

i suggest just dipping a couple times a day. then ween yourself off of dip.